MD School List Input

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mlb2358

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere you couldn't apply to with those stats? I'm honestly asking, because I'm not aware of schools that don't even give a shot to people with >3.7GPA and a 37 MCAT. Not even Harvard is necessarily a reach, given your UG pedigree.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i don't see any bad choices on your list. you could add dartmouth, vermont, and some boston schools if you want too

Hello everyone,

I wanted some input on my school list. Here are my stats:

3.79 GPA, 3.75 sGPA, undergrad at Penn, 37 MCAT (14P/11B/12V), plenty of volunteering, shadowing, and research (although no publications). I am also starting a gap year during which I will be a scribe. I would like to stay in the Northeastern United States and I am a resident of Pennsylvania.

Columbia, Drexel, Hopkins, NYU, Penn State, Penn, Jefferson, Temple, and Cornell are on my list so far. I realize I need some more mid range type schools. I guess the general consensus is to stay away from public out of state schools. I am considering adding 2 or 3 of the following: Albany, Albert Einstein, Hofstra North Shore, Icahn, and University of Rochester. Any suggestions or input?

Thanks

What about Brown in RI (aka Warren Alpert SOM), Harvard, Yale, Tufts, Johns Hopkins? Penn always has an INSANE match list, not that you really should judge a school by that.... but perhaps Penn is the exception. GL should be a fun application season for you, just get everything in early.

You're a rock star; aim high.

FYI, you are what's considered a "low yield" candidate for the low-tier schools, as they surmise that you'll end up going to better schools.

I suggest:
Harvard
Yale
Stanford
U Penn
U Chicago
U VA
U MI
U AZ (both)
U Colorado
U VM
Ohio State
U IA
UCLA OR UCSD OR UCI
U Cincy
Miami
Albert Einstein
Tulane
Loyola
Emory
BU
USC
Baylor
JHU
Mayo
Pitt
Jefferson
Temple
Northwestern
NYU
Vanderbilt
Columbia
Sinai
Cornell
Duke
Case
Hofstra
Wash U

Hello everyone,

I wanted some input on my school list. Here are my stats:

3.79 GPA, 3.75 sGPA, undergrad at Penn, 37 MCAT (14P/11B/12V), plenty of volunteering, shadowing, and research (although no publications). I am also starting a gap year during which I will be a scribe. I would like to stay in the Northeastern United States and I am a resident of Pennsylvania.

Columbia, Drexel, Hopkins, NYU, Penn State, Penn, Jefferson, Temple, and Cornell are on my list so far. I realize I need some more mid range type schools. I guess the general consensus is to stay away from public out of state schools. I am considering adding 2 or 3 of the following: Albany, Albert Einstein, Hofstra North Shore, Icahn, and University of Rochester. Any suggestions or input?

Thanks

Thanks for the input everyone. Here is my updated list:

Einstein, Boston University, Columbia, Drexel, George Washington University, Georgetown, Harvard, Hofstra, Johns Hopkins, Mount Sinai, NYU, Penn State, Penn, Jefferson, Temple, Tufts, and Pittsburgh.

Am I lacking in any tier? Should I add some more low or mid schools? Is 17 schools a reasonable amount?