SDN Secret Snackers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cdo96

In a perpetual state of wanting pizza
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Also, I would totally endorse and participate in an annual Secret Snacker (like secret Santa but for snacks) if someone more organized than myself were so inclined to our together...
red-panda-snacks-on-some-sushi.gif

Ask, and it shall be received!

Welcome to the first annual pre-vet Secret Snacker! We're getting to the stressful part of the semester where snacks are a *must*, and what better snack than a snack from an internet stranger??

For those not familiar with the idea, Secret Snacker is a gift exchange, similar to Secret Santa, where you are anonymously matched to another participant and send them snacks. Of course, the fun part is, you also receive a gift from anonymous Secret Snacker who has extensively stalked researched your preferences and picked out something juuussst right, that they hope you'll love!

The Rules & Expectations:
If you sign up, you are expected to send a gift... or one of the participants will be sad and left out. Don't do this. You will be shamed.

Obviously, those running the event will need your address for this. This information will not be distributed to anyone else beyond your Secret Snacker, but you have to be OK with me and my helper knowing where you live!

Handmade snacks are awesome! I don't want to set a price suggestion (because who can really put a price on snacks?) I like to go with the golden rule, give snacks to others as you would like to be given snacks to.

If you sign up and are not an SDN regular, please toss me a PM just confirming your interest. We want to be inclusionary but don't want anyone to sign up on a whim, then never follow through, so you'll confirm you're legit (and that you read the rules) if you do this. ;)

The Deadlines
Please fill out the SUPER SNACKER SURVEY!!! to sign up by midnight on February 29th. Matches should go out that weekend!

NOTE: I plan for this to be a more lowkey thing than Secret Santa- just a chance to share snacks!

Happy snacking!

giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have questions.

- Would it be a good idea to share (maybe to the moderator/snack person) general likes/dislikes? So people don't end up with awkward "Gross, I hate licorice" or "I'm deathly allergic to this snack." [Edit: This looks like it's handled in the survey posted above! Grazie.]

- I know it's still winter/cold, but not everywhere. I'm paranoid that anything chocolate will melt and end up super nasty.

- Price ceiling a good idea or nah?

Reactions: 1 user
I have questions.

- Would it be a good idea to share (maybe to the moderator/snack person) general likes/dislikes? So people don't end up with awkward "Gross, I hate licorice" or "I'm deathly allergic to this snack."

Did you read the post :laugh:

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 4 users
I have questions.

- Would it be a good idea to share (maybe to the moderator/snack person) general likes/dislikes? So people don't end up with awkward "Gross, I hate licorice" or "I'm deathly allergic to this snack." [Edit: This looks like it's handled in the survey posted above! Grazie.]

- I know it's still winter/cold, but not everywhere. I'm paranoid that anything chocolate will melt and end up super nasty.

I was thinking about the possibility of melty chocolate as well. So I would probably discourage the sending of chocolate to keep it from being gross.

I don't know what's fair for a price ceiling honestly. I mentioned the golden snacking rule, so I think that could be a good place to start. Like don't spend more than $20-25, but I don't want money to be a reason people can't participate. So if that's homemade cookies or chips or your favorite snack, I think just give something that you would be happy to receive.

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 users
Commenting so I remember to come back and evaluate if this is something I can dedicate attention to :oops:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
SDN Super Secret Snackers
tenor.gif

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
A

Are Canadianas allowed? This sounds fun!
my only hesitation is that I’m looking at Canada’s laws for food, and it appears that you can’t ship perishable goods or homemade baked goods into Canada, which covers most snacks :cryi:

If you know any more about it, please let me know! I don’t want to exclude anyone

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout

I'm so down for this, I love snacks.

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty

my only hesitation is that I’m looking at Canada’s laws for food, and it appears that you can’t ship perishable goods or homemade baked goods into Canada, which covers most snacks :cryi:

If you know any more about it, please let me know! I don’t want to exclude anyone

I will look to see if I can find a way around this!

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty
9. capri

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty
9. capri
10. genny

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty
9. capri
10. genny
11. slothgal

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty
9. capri
10. genny
11. slothgal
12. nyanko

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty
9. capri
10. genny
11. slothgal
12. nyanko
13. Elkhart

Reactions: 1 user

So (assuming my passport crap gets finished) I'll be flying up to Canada with an empty dog carrier on 2/29 (because the puppy will go in it on the way back down!) and would be willing to be a mule for a limited number of small packages perhaps? that would solve the "into" problem. assuming they wouldn't get stolen by customs if i bring them on the plane as carry-on items. and I could mail them while I'm there or have my friend who's picking me up at the airport do it?

edit: nevermind, that's the sign-up deadline so won't work, things can't get to me by then

sorry!

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty
9. capri
10. genny
11. slothgal
12. nyanko
13. Elkhart
14. TRH

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty
9. capri
10. genny
11. slothgal
12. nyanko
13. Elkhart
14. TRH

WTH.....I am in....just pointing out that geritol is not a snack.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty
9. capri
10. genny
11. slothgal
12. nyanko
13. Elkhart
14. TRH
15. SOV :coffee:
{or more if it fills up}

Moderation!
You say as I drink a chickfila milkshake but to be fair I had an extra bad day at work
Swole can still happen around snacks! Like trout said, snacks in moderation so that way, one day you don’t snap and then CONSUME EVERYTHING
Am in that mode right now

Reactions: 2 users

1. Ms Procrastinator
2. WonderingStudent
3. Barks
4. Doggo
5. Sheltermed
6. Flameshock
7. Trout
8. supershorty
9. capri