SDN Secret Snackers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Someone sign me up for this please - thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Snackers
Mods Cubs/Dubz
1. meats
2. ski
3. eggo/cdo
4. trout
5. Finn
6. Bread
7. Alley
8. shawty
9. shelter
10. schoolsplease
11. Wonder
12. BigCats
13. Zenge
14. MsP
15. Samac
16. SAR
17. Alissa
18. DoctorS
19. Frosty

I LOVE this idea! Snackos are always fun

Snackers
Mods Cubs/Dubz
1. meats
2. ski
3. eggo/cdo
4. trout
5. Finn
6. Bread
7. Alley
8. shawty
9. shelter
10. schoolsplease
11. Wonder
12. BigCats
13. Zenge
14. MsP
15. Samac
16. SAR
17. Alissa
18. DoctorS
19. Frosty
20. doctorS

• Hmm
Reactions: 9 users
Members don't see this ad :)
…. Oh I see it.
I was trying to be helpful ….

• Haha
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users
Snackers
Mods Cubs/Dubz
1. meats
2. ski
3. eggo/cdo
4. trout
5. Finn
6. Bread
7. Alley
8. shawty
9. shelter
10. schoolsplease
11. Wonder
12. BigCats
13. Zenge
14. MsP
15. Samac
16. SAR
17. Alissa
18. DoctorS
19. Frosty

• Hmm
My birthday is tomorrow in EST! So I’m officially not 12. I was never 12 though, I was always an egg. Now, I’d like to believe I’m a hatchling.

fingers crossed @Teepster87 doesn’t get have to get involved for any reason. 😅
Why am I being summoned?

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Sign me up! I really enjoyed participating last year

Snackers
Mods Cubs/Dubz
1. meats
2. ski
3. eggo/cdo
4. trout
5. Finn
6. Bread
7. Alley
8. shawty
9. shelter
10. schoolsplease
11. Wonder
12. BigCats
13. Zenge
14. MsP
15. Samac
16. SAR
17. Alissa
18. DoctorS
19. Frosty
20. Doggo

Reactions: 1 users
PXL_20210808_004654823.jpg

All:

Please feast your eyes (no pun intended) on my fabulous Trader Joe's restock courtesy of my secret snacker. This photo is a re-stage as I had already eaten and put away some stuff. My secret snacker was made aware that I don't have one nearby and OUTDID themselves in getting all of my favorite things.

Big big thank you xoxoxoxo

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
View attachment 341777

All:

Please feast your eyes (no pun intended) on my fabulous Trader Joe's restock courtesy of my secret snacker. This photo is a re-stage as I had already eaten and put away some stuff. My secret snacker was made aware that I don't have one nearby and OUTDID themselves in getting all of my favorite things.

Big big thank you xoxoxoxo

Dark chocolate definitely the way to go!

I am not a chocolate discriminator. It's all good. Except the hella dark chocolate stuff that isn't sweet.

6453F5AC-4CB8-46CE-BB1E-C3CFA9ADA18D.jpeg

05434869-6162-4191-9E60-09C556AEF973.jpeg

I just got home from my big trip to Mayo Clinic to find a box of snacks at my door!! @sheltermed, thanks so much (and the girls say thank you for the treatos AND the box)! Made my day, and loved your note. I guess the dual degree kids were just destined to be matched up 😍

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Thank you so much for the lovely snacks + gift card @Doctor-S !

Also don't mind how much of a hot mess everything is in these photos, a CERTAIN DOG broke into the kitchen overnight and chewed up all of the paper I had left on the counter.

Anyway, these snacks are like crack and are already half gone 😂 the macadamia nut things in particular are amazing :hungry: And I'm for sure going to be looking into this pizza place that you so thoughtfully got me a gift certificate to!

20210814_111524.jpg

Note the careful tape job to fix my idiot's handiwork 🙄
20210814_111717.jpg
Snapchat-1207016515.jpg

The Cheese nearly kicked my butt so he could tear apart these crunchies. I had to hide them in a drawer!
Snapchat-539285159.jpg

Sitting nicely for his treats (note motion blur of his tail)
Snapchat-541342005.jpg
Snapchat-1764670773.jpg

Mid "roll over" for said treats
Snapchat-1202915023.jpg

He was pretty convinced that if he also sat nicely that he would get some dog treats too (he did not)

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 9 users
Also is anyone sensing a trend here? Because if I'm remembering correctly a similar CERTAIN DOG also chewed up stuff from my last secret snackers box :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Thank you so much for the lovely snacks + gift card @Doctor-S !

Also don't mind how much of a hot mess everything is in these photos, a CERTAIN DOG broke into the kitchen overnight and chewed up all of the paper I had left on the counter.

Anyway, these snacks are like crack and are already half gone 😂 the macadamia nut things in particular are amazing :hungry: And I'm for sure going to be looking into this pizza place that you so thoughtfully got me a gift certificate to!

View attachment 342071
Note the careful tape job to fix my idiot's handiwork 🙄
View attachment 342072View attachment 342073
The Cheese nearly kicked my butt so he could tear apart these crunchies. I had to hide them in a drawer!
View attachment 342074
Sitting nicely for his treats (note motion blur of his tail)
View attachment 342075View attachment 342076
Mid "roll over" for said treats
View attachment 342077
He was pretty convinced that if he also sat nicely that he would get some dog treats too (he did not)
@vetmedhead ... loved the photos of your happy dog and cute cat! :love:

The chocolate macadamia nut candies are from Hawaii. You warned me about hot weather in your area - so I tried to find snacks for you, and for your dog and cat, that would NOT melt!

I contacted some docs at the SVM in your area to ask about pizzeria recommendations.

When I told them I was participating in a fun "secret snacker" event, they raved about Satchel's Pizza. Hope you like pizza 'cuz pizza does NOT melt in hot weather.
Once again, thank you Doctor vetmedhead for everything you do to help shelter animals stay healthy! :biglove:

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
Satchels has good pizza. And an excellent house salad. It’s more of an experience so definitely go in person rather than takeout. There’s often live music too.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you @alleycat03 - you struck secret snacker gold! A++++

Got a big gift certificate to an AMAZING gourmet chocolate specialty shop that everyone RAVES about, plus a collection of sweet edibles and melt-in-your-mouth blueberry streusel muffins. I'll be able to buy LOTS of the fanciest chocolates in town at the chocolate shop!

The blueberry muffins are soft and delicious, great with melted butter and chilled milk! I can’t wait to eat the rest of the sugary treats - everything is perfect! Yummy!

My cat has a new shipping box to sit in, too! :cat:
Thanks alleycat - you did a great job and found the best treats! I LOVE everything!!! :biglove:

1630091118055.png

1630091064461.png

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Thank you @alleycat03 - you struck secret snacker gold! A++++

Got a big gift certificate to an AMAZING gourmet chocolate specialty shop that everyone RAVES about, plus a collection of sweet edibles and melt-in-your-mouth blueberry streusel muffins. I'll be able to buy LOTS of the fanciest chocolates in town at the chocolate shop!

The blueberry muffins are soft and delicious, great with melted butter and chilled milk! I can’t wait to eat the rest of the sugary treats - everything is perfect! Yummy!

My cat has a new shipping box to sit in, too! :cat:
Thanks alleycat - you did a great job and found the best treats! I LOVE everything!!! :biglove:

View attachment 342707

View attachment 342706
I'm so glad you liked everything! And now your cat has a sweet box to sit in too. My cat tested it out for her ;)
072D5AD1-AD5E-4506-9468-CA697BA5E474.jpeg

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
My snacks made it through the hurricane!! And Dubbles even offered me a hot sauce challenge!! And bourbon chocolate apropos after my weekend on the bourbon trail! And I just ran out of Temptations so she saved the night there! Thanks @WildZoo !!! We must be the bearers of this tradition from now on!

Also I don’t what the hell that magical brown tape was, but I could barely get in the box! So I guess There’s no way Ida could have breached it!

Attachments

• B6BA6212-5086-4528-9C76-27821F3FE3F2.jpeg
    B6BA6212-5086-4528-9C76-27821F3FE3F2.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 344A279D-1517-4516-9751-8F9C664F726D.jpeg
    344A279D-1517-4516-9751-8F9C664F726D.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 47
  • AA719C82-DE90-4B3D-8FB4-1BB27224993C.jpeg
    AA719C82-DE90-4B3D-8FB4-1BB27224993C.jpeg
    150.9 KB · Views: 53
  • Love
My snacks made it through the hurricane!! And Dubbles even offered me a hot sauce challenge!! And bourbon chocolate apropos after my weekend on the bourbon trail! And I just ran out of Temptations so she saved the night there! Thanks @WildZoo !!! We must be the bearers of this tradition from now on!

Also I don’t what the hell that magical brown tape was, but I could barely get in the box! So I guess There’s no way Ida could have breached it!
Omg yayyyyyy I'm so glad it all made it!!

@Doggo Labs I got my lovely package! Photos to come but they’re a bit incomplete because I tore into the pack of Oreos at 1 am on hour 19 of my ICU shift while trying to finish my records. :laugh:

• Haha
  • Love