This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BlueBee20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey all! i'm starting to get antsy. i've turned in nearly all of my secondaries, and i've been watching the school-specific forums and seeing people get II's already. the self-doubt is seriously sinking in... what if i don't get any interviews?? how have others coped with this feeling? logically, i feel as though i should get at least a couple! i've been starting to doubt what i wrote in my secondaries, and if my experiences and scores are even adequate after learning that other people were invited for interviews already. it's hard because i feel like none of my friends or family really understand! anyone feeling the same way?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
hey all! i'm starting to get antsy. i've turned in nearly all of my secondaries, and i've been watching the school-specific forums and seeing people get II's already. the self-doubt is seriously sinking in... what if i don't get any interviews?? how have others coped with this feeling? logically, i feel as though i should get at least a couple! i've been starting to doubt what i wrote in my secondaries, and if my experiences and scores are even adequate after learning that other people were invited for interviews already. it's hard because i feel like none of my friends or family really understand! anyone feeling the same way?

Ahh, it's that time of the cycle.

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Schools stratify the apps as they come in and don't send out IIs merely in chronological order.

Honestly, I was on SDN way too much during last cycle- drove myself crazy trying to divine from the school threads when I would get my secondary, interview, or final answer. Wondering and worrying didn't speed anything up. My best advice, once you get everything submitted is to get off SDN and keep yourself really busy with other things. Limit SDN and email checks to once a day.

The waiting sucks, but the best thing you can do for yourself is accept it and busy yourself with other things that make you happy!

Reactions: 2 users
I've found that self-doubt is a very common theme in the lives of many medical students, including myself. Learn to embrace it, let it motivate you to do better.