sex in the OR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ygolordned

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i admit it. i watched No Strings Attached because Natalie Portman. if you have seen it, you know of what i speak: sex in the OR!?!

Members don't see this ad.

Who wants to put in the foley?

Reactions: 2 users
I haven't seen the movie but it wouldn't be my first choice of venue: too cold, tables too narrow, the videocam feed back to the control desk…
Likewise. Nothing says the opposite of "turn-on" like a cold, hard metal table that has people's body fluids dripping on it all day, and if you're really lucky, maybe a missing sharp hiding out to poke you in a soft, unsuspecting sensitive spot when you least expect it. Then again, you hear stories about people hooking up in the gross anatomy lab, and that's even less appealing, so....who knows.

Do you do a pre-check when you're doing it in the OR?
  • Right Person
  • Right Procedure
  • Right Position
  • Consent
  • Duration
  • Aspiration Risk
  • Bloodwork/Labs

Reactions: 6 users
Do you do a pre-check when you're doing it in the OR?
  • Right Person
  • Right Procedure
  • Right Position
  • Consent
  • Duration
  • Aspiration Risk
  • Bloodwork/Labs

Yes. And don't forget to write your initials on the appropriate anatomy of the other person before you start--wouldn't want any mix ups.

Reactions: 6 users
This is a teaching hospital, is it not? Have the med student retract as needed. And it's up to you if the resident can do the critical part, or just get exposure for you instead.

Reactions: 3 users
Likewise. Nothing says the opposite of "turn-on" like a cold, hard metal table that has people's body fluids dripping on it all day, and if you're really lucky, maybe a missing sharp hiding out to poke you in a soft, unsuspecting sensitive spot when you least expect it. Then again, you hear stories about people hooking up in the gross anatomy lab, and that's even less appealing, so....who knows.
for someone trying to make it a turn off, it is not working with me.

Reactions: 1 user
And you've already got your favorite playlist loaded on pandora.

Someone posted a drawing of an anesthetized woman in lithotomy with a comment about how it was perfect for sex. Several people complained (including me), so some of our Super Mods removed it.
This is why we can't have nice things.

Reactions: 5 users
Here's a conundrum: contact precautions. What do we think of those open-in-the-back yellow gowns?

Is Natalie Portman involved in this hypothetical scenario? If so, all of the aforementioned concerns are quelled.

Someone posted a drawing of an anesthetized woman in lithotomy with a comment about how it was perfect for sex. Several people complained (including me), so some of our Super Mods removed it.

Wtf some people here are sickos.

Perhaps. It was my assumption that they just didn't realize where the line was and they crossed it. There are a lot of people in medicine who don't understand this.

Yeah you have a point. Although the bolded is a bit disheartening.

for someone trying to make it a turn off, it is not working with me.
R8qZWEz.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Yeah you have a point. Although the bolded is a bit disheartening.
Perhaps although not surprising. Medicine has superstar/good at everything types and socially awkward/spectrum disorder types. The majority fall somewhere in between. There is also an awful lot of immaturity, IMHO, amongst medical students which isn't surprising given the fact that most spent their college years studying rather than interacting with a wide variety of people in a variety of social and professional situations. So I am underwhelmed when we are engaging in some sassy salty sex talk here and someone doesn't realize that they've gone too far.

I could be wrong and in light of the tragedy at UCSB, perhaps the user in question has issues with understanding sexual relations and the idea of consent.

Reactions: 4 users
@Winged Scapula, do you have a special tray to order up for just such an occasion?

Also how long do you anticipate room turnover will take afterwards?