sGPA 3.71 cGPA 3.74 MCAT 30 bio/Spanish double major

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lulu25

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Here are my stats:

sGPA: 3.71
cGPA: 3.74
First MCAT: p/v/b: 10,9,10- 29
Second MCAT: p/v/b: 10, 9, 11- 30

White
Female
CA resident
Spanish/Bio double major

4 years clinical research (undergrad journal publication)
3+ Medical missions to Mexico as translator
~120 hours clinical volunteering
Worked ~8 hours per week all four years babysitting
Tutoring two years in Spanish/biology/Spanish/calculus
25+ hours shadowing Cardiologist

Plan on studying abroad next summer and another medical mission in my year off, not a lot of leadership positions and ECs..so I'm kind of worried about that.

I know they say you shouldn't be picky, but I'd prefer to stay on the west coast.. So trying to do as much as I can to increase my chances. I would appreciate any advice!
Thanks for your help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think if staying on the west coast is important to you, you're going to have to go DO. California schools are out of reach as is UW. You'd be okay for OHSU if you met one of their mission groups (the oregon heritage, their academic mission group is 3.65+/32+).

However, I think there are plenty MD low to mid tiers at which you stand a shot out of state!

There's a program at UC Irvine that might be a great option for you if you're interested.

http://www.meded.uci.edu/primelc/

"The five-year combined Medical Degree/Masters training Program responds to an increasing demand for physician-leaders who are culturally sensitive and linguistically competent to address the specific needs of California's Latinos. "

You could tailor your application to that program if you plan it ahead of time. Hope this helps.