Share your stock Entry and Exit as you make them thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A lot of bullish sentiment for Palantir it seems. I just did some reading of the company; intriguing.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was literally just coming on congratulate congratulate you!

Thanks man! I really want to buy more but it's scary how fast this is going up!

Reactions: 1 user
Bought 107 PLTR@$9.37.

Sold SHLL (HYLL) warrants and GRAF warrants pre-merger 3 weeks ago right before merger/ticker change. Took profits and invested in 300 shares of SOAC and 200 shares of PIC to the 200 shares of HCAC. Not sure if anyone here plays SPACs, but they have decent upside with limited downside if you get in close to NAV (but sometimes quite boring). Bought 2 11/20 PSTH $20 calls at $3.40.

Previous CHWY shares were called away. BIGC shares assigned at cost basis of $95.30. Sold a 10/16 $95 call for $2.85 premium so my shares will most likely get called away EOW. Will use the freed up capital to add more shares of AAPL or maybe add FSLY after todays big AH dip. Sold a 10/23 $27 CC on NIO last week, hopefully doesn't get assigned.

Added 20 shares of FB last week at $256.10.

Bought 2 FB 11/20 $310 calls at 4.05 in as an earnings play.

Do you know if this is based on anything?

JP Morgan upgraded their target price to $40. Citi upgraded their target price to $33.20 as well. Looks like anything under $33.20 or even $40 is a buy right now.

Meanwhile Goldman Sachs still values it at $7 LoL. It's ironic cause their $7 price target caused NIO to fall from $15 to $11 and kept it down for weeks.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Look at IPOB.

IpOC is a total gamble. The company is a Healthcare one, which is why it tanked I guess. IPOB is opendoor

Cool, ARKK has it. You have ARKK too right? How many individual stocks/ETFs do you have?

Bought 84 more shares of NIO. No more settled funds to buy more :(

• Wow
@owlegrad you have some NIO too right? Did you buy more?

@owlegrad you have some NIO too right? Did you buy more?

no I am too scared to buy more LOL

I have 208 shares. So far I have “made” 3.1k on it. I am undecided if I should realize some of that gain or just let it keep riding. I do have a stop order for $25/share just in case.

no I am too scared to buy more LOL

I have 208 shares. So far I have “made” 3.1k on it. I am undecided if I should realize some of that gain or just let it keep riding. I do have a stop order for $25/share just in case.

You're doing great! Way better than me. My average is $24 now, 206 shares. I really think this will hit $50 next year.

Jumping on this NIO bandwagon

$25c 5/21/21 $9.95x2 (LOL)

I would like to exit at $20 per contract or higher

• Haha
Why are guys buying pennies? lol. <$10k buy 10x is only 100k. You can't get rich investing like this.

If you pick individual stocks, go big 50-100k buy, win big or go home crying.

Why are guys buying pennies? lol. <$10k buy 10x is only 100k. You can't get rich investing like this.

If you pick individual stocks, go big 50-100k buy, win big or go home crying.

Not all of us are rich like you. I only have 15k or so in my taxable acct, slowly building it up. I'm comfortable losing 10k but 50k would hurt right now.

LOL says tbr guy that doesn't buy individual stocks.

I have 3 positions over 10K outside of 401k.

What are those 3? TSLA, SQ and something else?

PLTR price target raised to $13. Get it while it's cheap!

Bought 292 shares of GE stock $7.52/share, sold it a few days later for $7.68/share.

bought 92 shares of Tupperware stock for 21.92/share, sold it a few days later for $22.74/share.

the rest, I lost money on, so rather not drudge up painful memories :(

One thing I do try to do, in order to catch the big movers, is to buy stock who is earning report is coming out soon.

Bought 292 shares of GE stock $7.52/share, sold it a few days later for $7.68/share.

bought 92 shares of Tupperware stock for 21.92/share, sold it a few days later for $22.74/share.

One thing I do try to do, in order to catch the big movers, is to buy stock who is earning report is coming out soon.

Why not hold instead of sell at a loss?

Why not hold instead of sell at a loss?

401k aside, I’m not yet investing long-term; just wanna make a couple quick bucks. Only playing with a few thousand so far.

401k aside, I’m not yet investing long-term; just wanna make a couple quick bucks. Only playing with a few thousand so far.

Good time to buy while everything is red now. But expect many more red days to come.

You know the game is to buy low, sell high, not the other way around, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
everything is up now. Crazy

I'm back to where I was on Monday morning. Down day, up day, down day, up day. Guess tomorrow will be down day again.

Do you guys buy on green days like this or only on red days?

Do you guys buy on green days like this or only on red days?
The correct answer is to buy when you have money.

My experience has been buying on a dip but that hasn't been rewarded to get better return. As you can see, the long term chart of stock market is going from bottom left to top right since the dawn of time. If you are waiting, there is statistical certainty you are getting stocks at a higher price later.

Updates:

Short plays:
Bought 100 shares of PSTH at $23.18
Lost $1000 on INTC Jan 21 calls. (RIP)
Made about $540 on FB calls

Long plays:
Added 100 shares of FSLY at $83.01 (RIP)
Added 60 shares of AAPL at $117.13
Added 50 shares of JD at $80.89
Selling CC on FSLY, AAPL, JD, NIO atm to lower cost basis/earn some small side money.

I might buy more NIO calls on the next dip only because everything GD overpriced

I’m new to stocks. Just started a couple months ago. I bought 50 shares of Twitter for $37. Now it’s over $52. I want to stay cause I’m hopeful that it’ll keep going up but is that a newb move?

I’m new to stocks. Just started a couple months ago. I bought 50 shares of Twitter for $37. Now it’s over $52. I want to stay cause I’m hopeful that it’ll keep going up but is that a newb move?

Hold if you believe in the company, sell if you don't (or if you need/want to put your money elsewhere). Also, depending on how long you've been holding, might be worth to hold a bit longer because of tax purposes.

you make a small fortune on NIO already. Congrats

Thanks! Not as much as you think, my average is in the $24s. But still unbelievable nonetheless.

If you don't need the money, hold for at least a year otherwise it gets taxed as regular income. Keep adding a little at a time, buy more if it dips.

If you need the money then set a stop loss to whatever you don't want to lose. The market will be unpredictable and volatile in the next few weeks with election and Covid uncertainty.

Simple advice but easier said than done. Don't panic sell or FOMO buy.