Should AMCAS allow photo uploads?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Should AMCAS allow submission of photos with its application?

• Yes, that would save so much time

Votes: 36 97.3%
  • No, that would be a horrible idea

Votes: 1 2.7%

• Total voters

AStudent

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This would save SO MUCH time and energy if AMCAS would allow students to upload digital pictures at the same time as you submit your primary application.

What do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

in due time all things will fall into place. mcat first, next this and that, then such and such. ok, as for specifics: mcat, rec letters, pics...yeah, at least our apps are pretty digitized and internet friendly, imagine paper apps 10 years ago, what a pain. technology makes the world go round.

not really sure if it makes a HUGE deal or saves a great deal of time, but it would be an additional convenience for us. But then again, i think perhaps putting applications and convenience in the same sentance is slightly oxymoronic.

Members don't see this ad :)
AStudent said:
This would save SO MUCH time and energy if AMCAS would allow students to upload digital pictures at the same time as you submit your primary application.

What do you think?

Even better would be for them just to scan in the picture you provided with your MCAT ticket. :idea:

streamlining--totally unfamiliar concept to the aamc. thats what happens when their only incentive is stopping our whining. somebody has to formulate a report to show them how it would increase their bottom line, then action might be seen. well, such is the business way of thinking.

I was just thinking the other day that uploaded photos would be more convenient then having to buy several copies of pics to staple to the application. Also, I think electronic applications on which you can directly type into (without type writers) would be better for secondaries. Sorta like AMCAS.

Ive applied to schools that have no real secondary. They literally just ask for a picture, recs, and a check. If AMCAS lets us upload pictures, some schools might actually cut the BS and give us real secondaries, instead of making it blatantly obvious that theyre asking for money.

gujuDoc said:
I was just thinking the other day that uploaded photos would be more convenient then having to buy several copies of pics to staple to the application. Also, I think electronic applications on which you can directly type into (without type writers) would be better for secondaries. Sorta like AMCAS.

Yeah, most schools have either direct online applications or at least pdf files that you can type in. Some schools have pdf files that you can't type in, and that just sucks. How stupid can a school be? It's not that hard to make it so we can fill out the form on the computer! I'm hating a few of these applications. I keep trying to do them in Paint, but it's a pain because if you make a mistake and don't notice, you have to start over from scratch!