Should I apply this cycle?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adirogn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I took my DAT this past Friday (09/14/2018)
I received my scores and I am needing advice.
AA-18
PAT-20
QR-19
RC-21
TS-17
GPA:3.5

Members don't see this ad.

You can. But your chances are not high. What were you science individual scores? The low science score might hurt you at this point in the game since the majority of applications have already been sent in. Your DAT will be verified by the first week of October. It takes 1 month to 2 months for many schools to process your application and then another month or two for review by that time you are in 2019. So you can possibly get interviews between November to March. If you decide not to apply this cycle, I would strongly recommend retaking the DAT.

You can. But your chances are not high. What were you science individual scores? The low science score might hurt you at this point in the game since the majority of applications have already been sent in. Your DAT will be verified by the first week of October. It takes 1 month to 2 months for many schools to process your application and then another month or two for review by that time you are in 2019. So you can possibly get interviews between November to March. If you decide not to apply this cycle, I would strongly recommend retaking the DAT.
BIO:18
GC:17
OC:16

That 16 in organic chemistry can really hurt you, especially at schools with cut offs at 17. This is up to you. If you have the money and determination you can submit an application and just make sure all over areas are strong. But this whole process cost ALOT and you would have to apply to 12+ schools to increase chances which is already ~$2000. I would save my money and retake the DAT if I were in your choose. Whatever you choose, good luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys,

I took my DAT this past Friday (09/14/2018)
I received my scores and I am needing advice.
AA-18
PAT-20
QR-19
RC-21
TS-17
GPA:3.5
Just curious you have a good GPA, what happened? Are you a non-traditional student? Not prepared? Nervous? PAT, Reading, and QR are good, but in the sciences, you took a nose dive. Just curious how we can help you improve if you decide to retake. Don't beat yourself up, it's a hard test and many students have to take a 2nd time.

Wishing you the best..Nancy

Just curious you have a good GPA, what happened? Are you a non-traditional student? Not prepared? Nervous? PAT, Reading, and QR are good, but in the sciences, you took a nose dive. Just curious how we can help you improve if you decide to retake. Don't beat yourself up, it's a hard test and many students have to take a 2nd time.

Wishing you the best..Nancy
I am a non-trad student. I was in the Army for about 6 years after high school. Thank you Nancy!