Slim Chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

willow123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently *just* submitted my application - Sept. 2012. I know that is incredibly late and has already hurt my chances, but I still wanted to try. Even worse, my stats aren't great, but I just went broke applying to several schools and would appreciate any feedback to see if I even have a chance this year at the schools I've applied to? Thanks!

General Stats:

-Resident in the southern region
-Attending four-year university, expecting B.S.
-Currently a senior with +100 hours
-Overall GPA: 3.36; sGPA: 3.2
-Major: Biology
-Research- two labs +200 hrs.
-Shadowing +100 hrs.
-Worst grades of "C" in four courses: Physics I, II, Orgo II, and Immunology and Immuochemistry
-DAT (taken once, in Aug): Bio- 21, Orgo-17 OUCH, GenChem- 20, QR- 21, Reading- 20 (didn't finish, sigh), PAT-21, AA- 20, TS-19
-Pretty solid on extracurriculars and hopefully with LOEs as well.

Schools Applied To:

-Marquette, BU, NYU, GHSU, LECOM, Western, AZDOH, Midwestern-AZ, Temple, Creighton, Howard (not a URM), Louisville...? The avg. GPAs just seem so incredibly high, and there are just so many applicants, I feel doomed. Too mediocre?

Thanks for any feedback, though!

Members don't see this ad.

I really think you will get in. To which school(s), i dont know, but your stats are good. Be optimistic

That's looks like it could do it! Just don't biff the interview! Is GHSU yours state school? If so you should have a chance

I'll have to disagree with you saying you're incredibly late. You have pretty good stats and A LOT under your resume. I have a friend who applied last year in October with similar stats (just a higher GPA) and got into a multiple schools. So yeah, be optimistic!