So many Jan. seats now...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I don't get it…why are there SO many openings for the Jan. MCAT test dates now?!? Are people dropping it because they're not ready and planning to just take the new MCAT?

Yes and people who got their scores back and were satisfied. Not surprising really...

And they are filling up just as fast....esp the 23rd, friend of mine literally saw a NY date and 10 seconds later, it was gone, LOL, not sure if its a AAMC thing or people are hitting refresh just as crazily.....this MCAT business I tell ya!

It's getting close to the January dates and there is less than 2 months before 1/23. People who were not able to meet their study timelines/goals are probably canceling their tests.

Yes, seats usually open up like crazy about a month / a few weeks before each test date. People push their exam date back (although this probably isn't happening quite as much now, since there's such a long gap before the new MCAT is administered in April). Most of these openings are probably what @TheAnonymous said - people were holding seats in case they needed to retake, waiting until their October scores came back, and found out they were good.

It just shows that there's rarely anything to worry about, even if it seems like there aren't any seats at the time:)

Reactions: 1 user