South University Pharmacy c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You are welcome -- good luck!

Also -- they let you know if you are accepted rather quickly. For the past two interview sessions, they have interviewed on a Friday and sent out acceptance notifications that following Wednesday.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard from them at all as of yet... Kind of worried. I had an interview at Nova and recently got a call from Nashville but nothing from here.

I haven't heard from them at all as of yet... Kind of worried. I had an interview at Nova and recently got a call from Nashville but nothing from here.
Did you check to make sure they received your supplemental application in the mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you check to make sure they received your supplemental application in the mail?

Yes I got the email confirmation that they received it. I emailed Rachel also, but no response. Maybe I'll get an interview later but its going to be terrible if I get accepted in these other schools and have no choice but to accept due to the 2 weeks we are given.

Yes I got the email confirmation that they received it. I emailed Rachel also, but no response. Maybe I'll get an interview later but its going to be terrible if I get accepted in these other schools and have no choice but to accept due to the 2 weeks we are given.

I just received an email for an interview on February 8! Anyone else headed up that date? This is great I get to visit tennessee one week and visit south carolina the next :)

Hey everyone I am also waiting for an email back from Georgia but have not heard anything..

My GPA is kind of low at a 2.84
but my PCAT is a little better at 76% composite

anyone get in with something similar?

Hey everyone I am also waiting for an email back from Georgia but have not heard anything..

My GPA is kind of low at a 2.84
but my PCAT is a little better at 76% composite

anyone get in with something similar?

I have a 2.95 and a 50 Percentile in PCAT. However, I do hear that the Georgia Campus is more competitive. I received the interview to the Colombia campus

I have a 2.95 and a 50 Percentile in PCAT. However, I do hear that the Georgia Campus is more competitive. I received the interview to the Colombia campus

If you applied to the Georgia campus I'm assuming they wont give you an interview in the other one right? I

mean they sent me an email saying they were interested in interviewing me they were just missing some grades. I sent in the grades then next day all i get back is a Thank you! So i was just curious

If you applied to the Georgia campus I'm assuming they wont give you an interview in the other one right? I

mean they sent me an email saying they were interested in interviewing me they were just missing some grades. I sent in the grades then next day all i get back is a Thank you! So i was just curious

I think if you indicated on the application that you prefer to attend the Georgia campus then they will conduct your interview at the Georgia campus. I interviewed and was accepted at the Columbia since it was my preferred campus.

I think if you indicated on the application that you prefer to attend the Georgia campus then they will conduct your interview at the Georgia campus. I interviewed and was accepted at the Columbia since it was my preferred campus.

Yea i think i picked savannah because it is slightly closer to where i currently live. I called now and talked to Rachel she says the dean is looking at my file and they do interviews till april. So i guess its just gonna be a waiting game....

Yea i think i picked savannah because it is slightly closer to where i currently live. I called now and talked to Rachel she says the dean is looking at my file and they do interviews till april. So i guess its just gonna be a waiting game....

If they sent you an email letting you know they are interested in interviewing you then I wouldn't worry too much :) Good luck with everything!

Just got an acceptance phone call from the Columbia campus a few hours ago! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. South does interviews until late March, so there's still time for you to get an invite.

Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking what was your GPA and PCAT score?

My stats:

3.1 GPA
83% PCAT
Loads of volunteer work (that I loved doing!)
BS in Neuroscience & BS in Biochemistry
5 years retail/ 5 years compounding/ 2 years hospital

Last edited:
Congrats Alex! I'm looking forward to my upcoming interview. I have some friends enrolled presently and they say nothing but great things about the program.

Rumor has it there's going to be a mathematics test given to accepted students to ensure you are up to par with what is required of pharmacy school. I'm not concerned as long as there's no integration, chain rule, etc. Those types of calculus and precal questions are what killed me in my PCAT.... Proportions, algebra, and pharmaceutical calculations I have no problem with.

Congrats Alex! I'm looking forward to my upcoming interview. I have some friends enrolled presently and they say nothing but great things about the program.

Rumor has it there's going to be a mathematics test given to accepted students to ensure you are up to par with what is required of pharmacy school. I'm not concerned as long as there's no integration, chain rule, etc. Those types of calculus and precal questions are what killed me in my PCAT.... Proportions, algebra, and pharmaceutical calculations I have no problem with.
Thank you! I was actually given a math test during my interview. There were 15 questions, It was mostly basic medication math questions/word problems and percentage questions. Plus 2 scientific notation questions. They let you use a calculator.

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking what was your GPA and PCAT score?
My stats:
3.4 GPA
Bachelors degree
Horrible pcat score <60 :oops:
3 years hospital experience
A lot of random and long term volunteering over the years (mostly health care related)

My stats:
3.4 GPA
Bachelors degree
Horrible pcat score <60 :oops:
3 years hospital experience
A lot of random and long term volunteering over the years (mostly health care related)

Damn thats not bad though its and I'm sure experience adds a lot to it, but its my GPA I'm worried about.
2.9 GPA
76 PCAT
No experience

Damn thats not bad though its and I'm sure experience adds a lot to it, but its my GPA I'm worried about.
2.9 GPA
76 PCAT
No experience

Your PCAT is great, though. The only downside is the lack of experience. Just make sure you address it when you explain why pharmacy. I'm sure if you dont address it, they will. Pretty much why pharmacy if you haven't experienced the field of work.

I agree with jmunoz87!

pharmD92, your PCAT is great and your GPA is still competitive. The issue you will need to articulate is your lack of experience -- and how you know that your passion is with pharmacy despite this.

Is there any possible way you could volunteer at a community or hospital pharmacy? Lots of hospital pharmacies will appreciate people who want to volunteer -- and will allow you to do it for minimum hours. Then you could even call or email prospective schools to update your records to reflect you are volunteering!

Best wishes, don't EVER give up!

2.9 GPA
76 PCAT
No experience

I agree with jmunoz87!

pharmD92, your PCAT is great and your GPA is still competitive. The issue you will need to articulate is your lack of experience -- and how you know that your passion is with pharmacy despite this.

Is there any possible way you could volunteer at a community or hospital pharmacy? Lots of hospital pharmacies will appreciate people who want to volunteer -- and will allow you to do it for minimum hours. Then you could even call or email prospective schools to update your records to reflect you are volunteering!

Best wishes, don't EVER give up!

I will definitely try my hardest to get some volunteer hours in then. My girlfriend has an interview on the 8th, I think thats why I am so worried because we applied at the same time.

pharmD92 -- good luck -- and keep your spirits up -- several of the folks at my interview session got their invites THE WEEK OF INTERVIEWS! (My roomie, who was in the most recent interview session said she heard folks say the same thing there.)

Also, I stayed at http://www.oglethorpeinn.com/ -- the rate was only $59 for a nice suite that even had a small sitting room. It is about 3 minutes from South. They also have a great (free!) breakfast:)

pharmD92 -- good luck -- and keep your spirits up -- several of the folks at my interview session got their invites THE WEEK OF INTERVIEWS! (My roomie, who was in the most recent interview session said she heard folks say the same thing there.)

Also, I stayed at http://www.oglethorpeinn.com/ -- the rate was only $59 for a nice suite that even had a small sitting room. It is about 3 minutes from South. They also have a great (free!) breakfast:)

Oh wow i thought they only gave them with a decent time in advance! Thanks for the motivation i appreciate it. I'll keep everyone posted.

Still waiting to hear back since November...i've been sending updates about my Fall grades so patiently waiting. My stats are similar to jmunoz87 but I did apply to the Savannah campus not sure if it makes any difference and my science GPA did change a little, for the worse, after the academic update.

I interviewed at the Savannah campus on 1/18 and got accepted on 1/24.

It was pretty much an all-day event, including writing an essay, basic math quiz, and provided lunch. Everyone was so nice and helpful that by the time I interviewed, it was very relaxed. Plan on to be interviewed by two professors, 30 minutes EACH. The main take-away from my interviews is that they just want to know why you selected South University and Savannah.

Hello Everyone! Just thought I should through my stats out there and see what everyones thoughts were. GPA 2.35 (Low but still have 2 pre-reques finishing this semester. PCAT 59 experience: SC and nationally tech certified. 2 years at Walgreens and 1 year at independent compounding pharmacy. letters of recommendation were completed by my two pharmacy managers, the former chairman of the board of SC pharm and a reputable professor of mine from Clemson well involved in the learning community. App was completed and submitted to PharmCAS 11/29/12. there was a delay in getting my application mailed out due to the fact that one of my schools sent the wrong transcript. app was mailed out 1/9/13. called and verified that my application was completed. Just waiting to hear back one way or another. Any thoughts?

PS I applied to the Colombia campus. I live in charleston and it is a shorter daily commute

Last edited:
Hello Everyone! Just thought I should through my stats out there and see what everyones thoughts were. GPA 2.35 (Low but still have 2 pre-reques finishing this semester. PCAT 59 experience: SC and nationally tech certified. 2 years at Walgreens and 1 year at independent compounding pharmacy. letters of recommendation were completed by my two pharmacy managers, the former chairman of the board of SC pharm and a reputable professor of mine from Clemson well involved in the learning community. App was completed and submitted to PharmCAS 11/29/12. there was a delay in getting my application mailed out due to the fact that one of my schools sent the wrong transcript. app was mailed out 1/9/13. called and verified that my application was completed. Just waiting to hear back one way or another. Any thoughts?

Your GPA is probably your weakest area. Gotta try your best this semester to bring that up as much as you can. The PCAT score is good, but i think what you have on your side is experience. After reading more and more about the people that have already been accepted, most of them have experience.

Gotta try your best this semester to bring that up as much as you can.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. This is my first semester back in a year but the good news is that the last semester and so far this semester i am walking on a 4.0. I was a chemical engineering major at Clemson university for the first three years I was attending school. Chemical Engineering was not what I wanted to do so I moved to chemistry, which i graduated with a BS in chem on Dec 2009. I am hoping to get an interview. I feel like if I can get an interview then I should be able to get in. I just hope that on paper I look good enough to

Thanks for the vote of confidence. This is my first semester back in a year but the good news is that the last semester and so far this semester i am walking on a 4.0. I was a chemical engineering major at Clemson university for the first three years I was attending school. Chemical Engineering was not what I wanted to do so I moved to chemistry, which i graduated with a BS in chem on Dec 2009. I am hoping to get an interview. I feel like if I can get an interview then I should be able to get in. I just hope that on paper I look good enough to
Your GPA is probably the only thing that would hold you back. But your PCAT is better than some people who got accepted (including myself) I think as long as you had a good personal statement you should get an interview and at least get wait listed if not accepted.

My application was submitted early December, and I recieved an email in December stating my application was complete. I have not heard anything else. The only thing I have against me is my PCAT score. I scored VERY low on the PCAT. My pharmcas gpa is 3.0 and I am a certified technician with 4 years of experience. My experience is in both retail and hospital. I am getting very nervous because I have not heard anything back!

I suggest that you email Rachel to check in, confirm your latest academic update has been received (if you are currently in classes), and ask if your application is being considered.

Also, do you have other areas explored to strengthen your application (personal story, volunteer experience, etcetera)?

The over all application being solid can carry weak areas -- don't give up!

My application was submitted early December, and I recieved an email in December stating my application was complete. I have not heard anything else. The only thing I have against me is my PCAT score. I scored VERY low on the PCAT. My pharmcas gpa is 3.0 and I am a certified technician with 4 years of experience. My experience is in both retail and hospital. I am getting very nervous because I have not heard anything back!

kdur when was your PharmCAS was mailed? cause i am in the same boat. submitted 11/29 but didn't get mailed till 1/9

I will be giving up my seat so hopefully, some other lucky applicant will get it!

I also am giving up my seat (in SC). Best of luck to everyone!

kdur when was your PharmCAS was mailed? cause i am in the same boat. submitted 11/29 but didn't get mailed till 1/9
My pharmcas was mailed December 18. I mailed my supplemental application a day or two later.

I suggest that you email Rachel to check in, confirm your latest academic update has been received (if you are currently in classes), and ask if your application is being considered.

Also, do you have other areas explored to strengthen your application (personal story, volunteer experience, etcetera)?

The over all application being solid can carry weak areas -- don't give up!
I will send her an email today and she if she can tell me anything. I had a very strong personal statement, but no volunteer work. I worked as a pharmacy technician part time while I was going to school for the pre-pharmacy requirements. I am just getting worried because I see alot of people on here have recieved interviews and have already been accepted.

I'm so excited! Just got my acceptance email to the Savannah campus!

Hi everyone.
I interviewed on 2/22.
My stats:
GPA: 3.3
PCAT: 53 (which I thought was bad but the dean told me was really good. He made it seem as if they don't focus too much on it.)
Experience: currently working as a retail tech.

My interviews were 20 minutes each and a lot more layed back than my interviews at SCCP. The facility is reallllllly nice and they focus a lot on technology. They also make sure that you leave with absolutely no questions left. They discussed everything! Hoping to hear something back this week! Good luck to those still waiting.

Yayyy! Got the call around 2 today. I got in! That was quick!

Awesome!! Congratulations! Did they happen to say how many seat are still available?

Thank you! When I went for the interview I remember them saying they were approximately half full. There were 17 people in my interview session so assuming they accepted a third of those people then there should be somewhere close to 20 spots left.

Thank you! When I went for the interview I remember them saying they were approximately half full. There were 17 people in my interview session so assuming they accepted a third of those people then there should be somewhere close to 20 spots left.

Wow ok thank you! Im so nervous still no interview..