South University Pharmacy c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yayyy! Got the call around 2 today. I got in! That was quick!

Congrats! Did you interview/get accepted at Savannah? or Columbia?

Members don't see this ad.

Good! I interviewed at Savannah on February 22nd and I am waiting on a decision! I would say we had about 60 people there though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted to the Savannah campus :) good luck to everyone else!

Hi, I have an interview this friday at the Savannah Campus. What questions were asked during the interview and what was the whole interview process like?

Hi, I have an interview this friday at the Savannah Campus. What questions were asked during the interview and what was the whole interview process like?

Everyone there is very welcoming! When you get there everyone will start with a few math problems and an essay. You have 30 minutes for each. The math was very basic, so don't worry! After that, a few different people will just tell you everything you need to know about South including student life and financial aid. They provided lunch, then we broke into three groups and video conferenced with professors and others interviewing at the Columbia campus. It was just a time for you to ask any questions you have! The last things for the day are interviews and tours. Some people will do interviews first and then tour and vice versa. The interviews are not bad at all! Just make sure you know why you want to be a pharmacist and why you want to go to South! Make sure to take advantage of asking questions of the current students that are there! And good luck!

Does anybody know how many seats are still available at the Savannah campus? I was invited today to interview with them on the 22nd, however, I don't really want to go if the waiting list is all I'm interviewing for.

Also, were there really 60 ppl interviewing there recently? Seems a bit excessive to have that many ppl interviewing this late in the cycle for a class that will only have 90 students.

Does anybody know how many seats are still available at the Savannah campus? I was invited today to interview with them on the 22nd, however, I don't really want to go if the waiting list is all I'm interviewing for.

Also, were there really 60 ppl interviewing there recently? Seems a bit excessive to have that many ppl interviewing this late in the cycle for a class that will only have 90 students.

I'm not sure how many seats are still available. But, when I said 60 it was just an estimate. I just went back and counted and there were 48 of us who interviewed on Feb 22nd.

Hey I was accepted to the Columbia campus and I'm currently looking for a roommate
I'm 24 /F
I'll be in Columbia this upcoming week looking at all the apartment options. But as I look online I'm seeing it will be more cost effective with a roommate.

Let me know if anyone is interested!
And congrats to all those accepted for c/o 2016!!!

Im on I-95 right now to Georgia coming from Miami Fl who interviews tomorrow?

I just got to my hotel an hour ago I passed by the school its tiny!! I love it though and theres a lot of things around the school! Where are you from by the way?

Sorry, I just saw your post! Hope you had a good set of interviews yesterday! I'm from Kennesaw, GA.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry, I just saw your post! Hope you had a good set of interviews yesterday! I'm from Kennesaw, GA.

Yea i remember you. And thanks they went pretty great wish the same for you! I was from Miami Fl my name was oscar

I was accepted today & interviewed last Friday! I received a phone call this morning followed by an email after lunch.

Did they give any indications on your interviews last week on how many spots remained? Seems to be close to the end now, still no interview invitation for me so I'm wondering if I should forget about them or hold out on making the final decision a bit.

Did they give any indications on your interviews last week on how many spots remained? Seems to be close to the end now, still no interview invitation for me so I'm wondering if I should forget about them or hold out on making the final decision a bit.
I interviewed on March 8 in Savannah and they acted like they were almost full. I got put on the waiting list. I received a email from them last Friday saying they were finished with interviews, and will start working through the waiting list.

I see. Thanks for the info. I kind of assumed they must be around that point, good to hear some backing info.

I decided to decline South's admission offer, so don't fret if you're on the waitlist; at least one spot is open now!

I interviewed March 22nd and was accepted. Waiting to hear from other schools. But will most likely attend here. Good luck to the rest of you. If anyone is attending the Savannah campus and is looking for places to live please message me. Thanks

I got a call today from Mrs. jones they
accepted me!!! Will be needing a roommate :D

I decided to decline South's admission offer, so don't fret if you're on the waitlist; at least one spot is open now!

I too declined today so go wait list people its a great school just too far from home

Hi guys, I graduated from south last year. I have a condo less than a mile from the school, let me know if you need a place to rent. also if you have any questions...

How much? Tell me more, I'm still looking for places to live.

Could anyone that is familiar with the area recommend some safe and affordable places to live? Thanks.

I wouldn't recommend this school, they have had big problems ever since their Dean died last year. The dropout rate is high. The three year program is extremely difficult and the only thing you do is memorize a LOTTTT of material in a very short time (yes, I know, that is what is expected in pharm school, but think this: taking 8 classes which include ID, inflammation, pharmacokinetics etc. in 8 weeks). Besides, they make pharmacokinetics ridiculously hard in quarter 4 and 6.
On top of all of that, they lost four of their best professors at that school (Dr. Z, Dr. Shah, Dr. Kincaid) all within four months.
A very discriminate school so if you are not white and from GA don't apply.
If you go to their interview you will talk to students who they assign.. but try talking to other students, the majority of them, that is, to see what the school is really all about.
Good luck !

I wouldn't recommend this school, they have had big problems ever since their Dean died last year. The dropout rate is high. The three year program is extremely difficult and the only thing you do is memorize a LOTTTT of material in a very short time (yes, I know, that is what is expected in pharm school, but think this: taking 8 classes which include ID, inflammation, pharmacokinetics etc. in 8 weeks). Besides, they make pharmacokinetics ridiculously hard in quarter 4 and 6.
On top of all of that, they lost four of their best professors at that school (Dr. Z, Dr. Shah, Dr. Kincaid) all within four months.
If you go to their interview you will talk to students who they assign.. but try talking to other students, the majority of them, that is, to see what the school is really all about.
Good luck !

Do you attend South U?

Good luck !
Just wondering how u ended up doing at this school? Have u graduated yet? Do you still feel the same as u previously posted above abt them discriminating? What gave you this impression?

Just wondering how u ended up doing at this school? Have u graduated yet? Do you still feel the same as u previously posted above abt them discriminating? What gave you this impression?
I currently go here and I haven't witnessed any

Reactions: 1 user