Specialized master programs that seriously help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KristenD77

Predent
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, SO I'm freaking out about not getting in the cycle and decided that I want to apply to master programs just incase. Does anyone know master programs in or near NY (jersey area more so) that will really help. Any that guarantee interviews? If not then are there any that guarantee interviews that aren't near NY?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, SO I'm freaking out about not getting in the cycle and decided that I want to apply to master programs just incase. Does anyone know master programs in or near NY (jersey area more so) that will really help. Any that guarantee interviews? If not then are there any that guarantee interviews that aren't near NY?
I've seen you post a few times and your GPA is not the problem. You don't need more classes or a masters program to fix your application. It's your DAT scores. You have a few scores below cut offs and I'm almost certain this is your problem. Study hard this year, retake the DAT and apply next cycle. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen you post a few times and your GPA is not the problem. You don't need more classes or a masters program to fix your application. It's your DAT scores. You have a few scores below cut offs and I'm almost certain this is your problem. Study hard this year, retake the DAT and apply next cycle. Good luck!
Thanks, I know that you're probably right but I just don't know what to do if I can't do better on the PAT section or the QR. Do you have any suggestions for those sections. I hoenstly don't think Chad's videos helped for QR. Math destroyer helped but I need something to help me review before doing math destroyer.

I concur that you should retake the dat if you don't get in this cycle. According to your breakdown it seems you knew your stuff. Give it another try, I'm sure you will do better.

Thanks, I know that you're probably right but I just don't know what to do if I can't do better on the PAT section or the QR. Do you have any suggestions for those sections. I hoenstly don't think Chad's videos helped for QR. Math destroyer helped but I need something to help me review before doing math destroyer.

Did QR ever change? It was mostly just college algebra when I took it, but I remember reading they were going to change it back in 2015. I could provide advice, since I moved my exam multiple times for math alone and spent over $400 in rescheduling fees.

Did QR ever change? It was mostly just college algebra when I took it, but I remember reading they were going to change it back in 2015. I could provide advice, since I moved my exam multiple times for math alone and spent over $400 in rescheduling fees.
Algebra (equations and expressions, inequalities, exponential notation, absolute value, ratios and proportions, and graphical analysis); Numeric calculations (fractions and decimals, percentages, approximations, and scientific notation); Conversions (temperature, time, weight, and distance); Probability and Statistics; Geometry; and Trigonometry

Algebra (equations and expressions, inequalities, exponential notation, absolute value, ratios and proportions, and graphical analysis); Numeric calculations (fractions and decimals, percentages, approximations, and scientific notation); Conversions (temperature, time, weight, and distance); Probability and Statistics; Geometry; and Trigonometry

Ah that seems more fair, besides the Probability and Statistics. I'm guessing scores were low back then which is why they changed it.

Well back then I did chad's videos, then then I did math destroyer 1-8 and then quvualt. Math Destroyer made me want to cry lol. But I just focused on just a few exams instead of going through the whole book, did them repeatedly like 2-3 times. I felt the exam was more similar to qvualt and I owe my success to that. I think by the end, my average was 18-19 on quvualt and then obviously I did them again or even a third them and got higher. My actual DAT QR was 19. It was the first score I looked at, I didn't care about anything else lol.

Honestly, it was one of the lowest parts of my life. Being ready for every single subject and putting everything on hold for QR. I was suppose to take my exam in July, but I ended up taking the exam in November and delaying my application for a year. I had to reteach my self math from the beginning, since it was never my strong suit and It was 6 years since i took college algebra(never did more than that besides stats in my second semester).

Met a girl and made a bunch of my favorite memories so I can't complain. I really do feel your pain. You just need to work through it if you planning on retaking. Keep pushing through. PM me if you want more advice

No way should you waste money on a masters if your DAT score is clearly the issue. If you're uncomfortable with QR then invest in Math Destroyer and live with it for months.

Reactions: 1 users

QR was also my weak point, so I might not be as much help as other people on here regarding that section. Just like you, I started with Chad's videos to get a feel of the material, then went to destroyer and final math destroyer. Wrapped everything up with practice tests on DAT bootcamp which is brutal for the math portion, but still decent material. PM me if you need more information on other parts, or just applying in general.

Wow.. just wow. QR section was easy as 11th grade high school math. Is this what American math education has become?

Wow.. just wow. QR section was easy as 11th grade high school math. Is this what American math education has become?
do you realize the time constraint on the test? You don't have time to actually work out the problems...

Ah that seems more fair, besides the Probability and Statistics. I'm guessing scores were low back then which is why they changed it.

Well back then I did chad's videos, then then I did math destroyer 1-8 and then quvualt. Math Destroyer made me want to cry lol. But I just focused on just a few exams instead of going through the whole book, did them repeatedly like 2-3 times. I felt the exam was more similar to qvualt and I owe my success to that. I think by the end, my average was 18-19 on quvualt and then obviously I did them again or even a third them and got higher. My actual DAT QR was 19. It was the first score I looked at, I didn't care about anything else lol.

Honestly, it was one of the lowest parts of my life. Being ready for every single subject and putting everything on hold for QR. I was suppose to take my exam in July, but I ended up taking the exam in November and delaying my application for a year. I had to reteach my self math from the beginning, since it was never my strong suit and It was 6 years since i took college algebra(never did more than that besides stats in my second semester).

Met a girl and made a bunch of my favorite memories so I can't complain. I really do feel your pain. You just need to work through it if you planning on retaking. Keep pushing through. PM me if you want more advice
Thanks for taking the time to type this to me. I'll try to use your methods.

QR was also my weak point, so I might not be as much help as other people on here regarding that section. Just like you, I started with Chad's videos to get a feel of the material, then went to destroyer and final math destroyer. Wrapped everything up with practice tests on DAT bootcamp which is brutal for the math portion, but still decent material. PM me if you need more information on other parts, or just applying in general.
Thanks. I just wish this section didn't have such a time constraint.

do you realize the time constraint on the test? You don't have time to actually work out the problems...

You really don't need to ponder upon DAT level math problems. Wow.

I also didn't find DAT QR to be difficult. I didn't study it once aside from my full length practice exams. Made 21-28s on bootcamp and a 22 on the real deal(keep in mind I'm not some super genius... my DAT was a 20AA/19TS). I think if you get over your fear of it and just reviewed the formulas you should be set to at least meet the cut-off.

Here. Study this and know it well. If you still struggle with that section after learning this formula sheet idk what to tell you.

Attachments

• MathFormulaSheetByDATBootcamp - Copy.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 37