Starving To Cure Diseases ???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

my1molar

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Please give your input in this method of curing diseases. I heard about this doctor in Vietnam, trying to cure diseases by letting patient starve for 1 week and then letting them eat nothing but red rice and water and bring the patients to transquility. The cycle of starving would be repeated at intervals. This doctor was formerly an instructor of a medical school in Vietnam, so obviously has some update knowledge about current medicine. I have an uncle that has lung cancer and was about to die in his last stage. THere was a lot of fluid in his lungs and he ws immobile in bed as well as losing almost all his senses. Then he joined this method of starving and now become progressively much better without chemo or other medicine. His lungs don't produce fluid anymore and he started walkin around and is able to hear better. Does it have anything to do with starving the tumor???

Also, my mom who is having diabetes type 2 is also presently on this starving regime in Vietnam. SHe has starved for 3 days and is awaiting for the result; which i am very worried about for her chance of being hypoglycemic.

I"m currently in dental school int he US and could not find myself believe in this method. However, that doctor said this method was introduced an Russian doctor and was discovered a while ago. The people she treated are the ones that are hopeless with innovative medicine. Does any of you in medical field ever hear about this or have any input? I would greatly appreciated. I just found my self not to be a believer in this.

Members don't see this ad.

Starving does not work for anything.
hey ,I'm an IMG, and we see enough people in the world who starve unintentionally- they dont seem to healthy.
A lot of people pry on those who tend to distrust modern medicine-a good poinnt is Kevin Trudeau's book- its completely full of bull crap-yet its a best seller- and now there are people who swear by it.
I'm amazed.
No ask your mom to go to a good endocrinologist-she'll be ok. A lot of people are looking for a quick fix: THERE IS NONE:
since they dont want to know the truth-they get into all this.
show here this message.
BTW- I have already finished me residency in my home country-so I am qualified to give this opinion.
GL

First, "starve" means to die from hunger or malnutrition. If one hasn't eaten in 3 days, or even a week, one isn't "starving." Second, this methods sounds like a bunch of crap. Nothing more to it.
Q

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary
Main Entry: starve
Pronunciation: 'stärv
Function: verb
Inflected Forms: starved; starv·ing
intransitive senses
1 : to perish from lack of food
2 : to suffer extreme hunger starve transitive senses
1 : to kill with hunger
2 : to deprive of nourishment

But, I agree. This method seems like a bunch of crap, and I am so glad someone mentioned that d-bag's book. A surprising number of people--even within the medical profession--fall for his crap.