"Student Night" at the JSGMESB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scooby007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of the Student Night at the Joint Service Graduate Medical Education Selection Board (JSGMESB)?

The HPSP students at my school are interested in attending the next event and can't find information about it. Is there a website or POC for this?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard of the Student Night at the Joint Service Graduate Medical Education Selection Board (JSGMESB)?

The HPSP students at my school are interested in attending the next event and can't find information about it. Is there a website or POC for this?

Thanks!

This is an annual meeting that occurs when the selection board meets, usually towards the last week of November. One of the forum members from USUHS should post the time and date when it comes closer.

StOrmin as the info down correctly,

If you live near DC/North VA it is probably worth going once; however, if you live more than say 1.5hrs or so I would say to skip it. You definately do not walk out of there going "wow, so that's how they make the selections" or get any great information that isn't accessible elsewhere. It also won't get you any brownie points in the boards eyes because there are very few actual board members there to talk to.