Study method.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futureDDSEtta

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Setting myself to work harder and I need some advice. After reading all the blogs and see the success many of you all have i just need some advice I'm setting myself up to do 12 credits next term while working part time. I would like to know some study habits to succeed... mostly upper division psych courses with pre reqs. I would really appreciate any advice and success stories.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't have perfect grades but do fairly decent on exams. Something that work for me include:
1. Take good, detailed notes in class which means writing down the main points of the lecture including the professor's comments (the important ones). If there is a lot of writing for the class or the professor says a lot of things that you cannot write down/listen fast enough, record it (I found it extremely helpful for something like anatomy. I recorded the lectures and listened to them in the car because I usually get stuck in traffic.)
2. Review/re-read and highlight (for some reasons I found it sticks better when seeing the important contents in colors) lecture notes and your own notes (with the professor's comments on the main points) before next class meeting and before exams.
3. Don't be afraid to go to tutoring center to ask for help.
4. If there is a topic that you don't quite understand and don't want to ask anyone, you can go to YouTube and look it up. (Make sure the videos that you watch are from reliable sources)
5. Find someone in the class to study with or do group studying when possible because if you don't understand something, they can explain to you and vice versa. It will stick to your brain if you are able to explain a concept to other people.

Reactions: 1 user