Sullivan University, Class of 2016 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ok, can someone please give me a tip on why girls r suppose to wear to the interview? Thank u!!

i wore a skirt suit to the interview. but i've seen other girls with long pants suit. whatever you feel more comfortable in. i wore skirt because it was in august and it was super hot! i've also seen girls with skirt suit with short sleeve. you don't have to stand out like other school because they make the decision right there and then right after your interview :)

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curosity do you have an idea how many seats are left when you went for the interview.....

not sure how many seats are left, but from the look of two more interview, i assume there are not many seats left. however, it doesn't hurt to try. if all the seats are fill, its a rolling admission, so they would still interview you for the next class or they will keep your file to review next year.

I sent in my application for sullivan about a week ago. How long does it usually take to hear back from them regarding the application?

mine was fairly quick. not sure about now, but i send in mine after i finished my summer course, which was toward end of july. didn't hear back whether they were processing my application or not. then in mid august, i received an invitation for an interview for fri aug 24th, and then i received my acceptance letter the following saturday. the waits was tormenting, but i must said, the process was very quick.

Members don't see this ad :)
mine was fairly quick. not sure about now, but i send in mine after i finished my summer course, which was toward end of july. didn't hear back whether they were processing my application or not. then in mid august, i received an invitation for an interview for fri aug 24th, and then i received my acceptance letter the following saturday. the waits was tormenting, but i must said, the process was very quick.

thanks for answering my question!

If they make their decision right then and there, do you know how soon after the interview I should hear back? I have an interview this Friday morning

If they make their decision right then and there, do you know how soon after the interview I should hear back? I have an interview this Friday morning

I answered to another post above, but my interview was on Friday and I heard back the Saturday after. and I am from CA, so furthest out from everyone. I had friend from North Carolina and she heard back the following Thursday and Friday for my other friend in Utah. From my understanding, your interview is 15 minutes and there are 5 minutes after for them to review and make decision before the next interview. If you asked them how soon will you hear back from they, they will tell you about two weeks. But it will be sooner, unless they changed their policy after our patch. Hope this help :). Good luck, be confident and be yourself. They are not intimidating at all, very laid back. Hope we'll be classmates next year :)

To n2tv17, could u give me a hint of what they possibly ask u during the interview and if the questions are very formal? I'm just nervous and not know what to expect! Thank you :)

I interviewed on a Friday as well. I found out the next Tuesday that I was in ( not the following Tues, but a little over a week). My letter was postmarked exactly 7 days after my interview so I kind of laughed at myself knowing I had been panicing the entire time it was in the mail! Good luck!

Have you applied yet? I think it's a little of everything. Mine is 3.5. But I'm sure that is not all that they take into consideration.
A 3.5 is good. But a lot of other things matter as well. They'll consider Pre-req GPA, as well as overall. They are really looking for well-rounded students. So they want to know any kind of pharmacy experience you've had, why you want to be a pharmacist/how you know this, look at your letters of rec, any volunteer work, extracurriculars, ect. As long as you are passionate about pharmacy and are up for the challange of an accelerated program, Sullivan is for you! GOOD LUCK! :)

i wore a skirt suit to the interview. but i've seen other girls with long pants suit. whatever you feel more comfortable in. i wore skirt because it was in august and it was super hot! i've also seen girls with skirt suit with short sleeve. you don't have to stand out like other school because they make the decision right there and then right after your interview :)
Just look professional. Be conservative, closed toe shoes, weather appropriate attire, ect. Very few girls wore suits during my interview, I chose to wear one because my thought was...."I'm going to school to be a Doctor of Pharmacy...I should look like one." However suits can be pricy, my boss graciously let me borrow about ten to chose from, so you can always do that or shop around, if a suit isn't what you want you can look professional without one. I'd just stay away from loud prints and colors, something you feel comfortable and confident in. You want them to focus on your conversation not a zebra print cami haha. (not that anyone would or did wear it to an interview or that it may matter, just saying). Good luck! Just smile and be comfortable, that'll count most!

Got an email yesterday from Sullivan saying that they received everything and that my application is complete. That was really fast. Now I just hope that I get called in for a interview. Praying everything works out.

Got an email yesterday from Sullivan saying that they received everything and that my application is complete. That was really fast. Now I just hope that I get called in for a interview. Praying everything works out.

Same here buddy....I recieved an email the same email yesterday as well......by the way when did you submitted your application....

I sent in my application last wednesday. It took about a week for them to get back to me. Really quick. When did you send in your application? Hope the both of us get a interview. I wish you the very best. Good Luck buddy.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in my application last wednesday. It took about a week for them to get back to me. Really quick. When did you send in your application? Hope the both of us get a interview. I wish you the very best. Good Luck buddy.

I sent in my application about 2 weeks ago.....I am really confident that I will hear good news from them. Also, I have heard that it takes almost one moth from the time they sent you the email to get invited to an interview....Also what are your stats.....

I sent in my application about 2 weeks ago.....I am really confident that I will hear good news from them. Also, I have heard that it takes almost one moth from the time they sent you the email to get invited to an interview....Also what are your stats.....

Not great stats.
Overall GPA: 3.4
Math/Science GPA: 3.2
PCAT, I know it doesn't matter for Sullivan, but I got a 65.

What are your stats?

Not great stats.
Overall GPA: 3.4
Math/Science GPA: 3.2
PCAT, I know it doesn't matter for Sullivan, but I got a 65.

What are your stats?

Well I have 3.5 overall and 3.4 science and math gpa
I am also radiology tech registered
I have 1500 hospital volunteer hours
I am also going to have B.S in biology

But I guess they count other experiences as well.

Well I have 3.5 overall and 3.4 science and math gpa
I am also radiology tech registered
I have 1500 hospital volunteer hours
I am also going to have B.S in biology

But I guess they count other experiences as well.

You have a better chance than me of getting in. I am a registered pharm tech, been working for a year, I have 200 hospital volunteer hours.

I know you will get a interview for sure.

No man actually you have a better chance because you have pharmacy experience......

No man actually you have a better chance because you have pharmacy experience......

You have a higher GPA than me, way more hospital hours than me and work experience in a medical field. Dude I know you will be getting a interview for sure man

You have a higher GPA than me, way more hospital hours than me and work experience in a medical field. Dude I know you will be getting a interview for sure man

I hope we both get in at the same time.....

For sure man. Maybe we will have our interview on the same day. That would be cool.

Yea, it is possible but if not we still be classmates....I just hope this taurmanting process end soon.....

To n2tv17, could u give me a hint of what they possibly ask u during the interview and if the questions are very formal? I'm just nervous and not know what to expect! Thank you :)

sorry i didn't see this message. it got buried in with all the new post. and i haven't been online since i've been working all the late shift. sorry. i hope it went well and i would've give you some hint if i saw your message earlier. either way, hope your interview went well, which i'm sure it did, and hope to see u next year! :cool:

So I saw that u said ur friend found out the following Thursday after being interviewed on Friday, did u mean the Thursday right after that Friday or the Thursday after a week? I had my interview this Friday, the 12th, and I'm hoping from what u said that I could possibly find out this Thursday or Friday the 18/19th?

What is the interview process like. Any specific questions that they ask? I have an interview Nov 16. Anything you recommend as far as preparing for it?

I had my interview this past Friday and they asked obvious questions like tell me about yourself, why pharmacy, why Sullivan, and maybe questions from your personal essay. Good luck!

I am flying to KY tomorrow for my Friday's interview. Anyone else's interview is on this Friday? Let's meet and be friend and hopefully classmates! =)

I am flying to KY tomorrow for my Friday's interview. Anyone else's interview is on this Friday? Let's meet and be friend and hopefully classmates! =)

Hey I'm flying in tomorrow, really nervous about the interview though lol. I wonder how many students they have at an interview session at one time.

Hello!! I sent out my application on sept 18th, and I received an email on sept 25th saying they were waiting on my recommendations. On oct 3rd they emailed me saying my application is complete and now they are reviewing it. I am so nervous. I feel like I applied too late..I didn't even know about this school until august. I was wonder If anyone who applied around this sept had an interview yet. Any suggestions or help will be very appreciated!! :)

Hello!! I sent out my application on sept 18th, and I received an email on sept 25th saying they were waiting on my recommendations. On oct 3rd they emailed me saying my application is complete and now they are reviewing it. I am so nervous. I feel like I applied too late..I didn't even know about this school until august. I was wonder If anyone who applied around this sept had an interview yet. Any suggestions or help will be very appreciated!! :)

In the email that I received from Sullivan, saying that everything was complete, I received that email exactly a week ago. I hope that it's not too late, especially since sullivan does rolling admission, i hope there are some spots still available. I don't want to end up wasting money. Hope everything works out for the best for everyone.

Hey, have you heard from the college yet.

In the email that I received from Sullivan, saying that everything was complete, I received that email exactly a week ago. I hope that it's not too late, especially since sullivan does rolling admission, i hope there are some spots still available. I don't want to end up wasting money. Hope everything works out for the best for everyone.

I donot know man what to advice you, even my self is a little doughtful on the same issue. Then I tell my self "all is well". My God help us all.....

I donot know man what to advice you, even my self is a little doughtful on the same issue. Then I tell my self "all is well". My God help us all.....

Just have to think positive and hope for the best. Everything will work out.

Just have to think positive and hope for the best. Everything will work out.

Yea man very true, did you hear anything from them yet. Call them and ask them how many seats are left. This way we will know how much we have to suffer in the process.

Yea man very true, did you hear anything from them yet. Call them and ask them how many seats are left. This way we will know how much we have to suffer in the process.

110 seats this year. Less than half of the seats are still available.

Less than half is still a good hope. Yea, I received an email last friday saying everything is complete now and that they will let me know the next step. It seems like it atleast take a month before anyone would hear anything about interview. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope we all hear something soon :)

Hey I'm flying in tomorrow, really nervous about the interview though lol. I wonder how many students they have at an interview session at one time.

Does that mean I'll see you tomorrow? :D I'm very nervous too but there is nothing else to do right now besides just relax and try ur best :)

Does that mean I'll see you tomorrow? :D I'm very nervous too but there is nothing else to do right now besides just relax and try ur best :)

Yup ill be there bright and early! Yeah I feel prepared but not at the same time lol, if that makes any sense at all. Lets just hope I don't black out and just stutter the whole time lol that would not be cool at all.:scared:

Less than half is still a good hope. Yea, I received an email last friday saying everything is complete now and that they will let me know the next step. It seems like it atleast take a month before anyone would hear anything about interview. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope we all hear something soon :)

Yeah I hope everything works out for all of us.

The longer that I wait for a interview, I feel like the less likely that I will get a interview. Started my application so late and submitted my application later. Wish I had started earlier.

The longer that I wait for a interview, I feel like the less likely that I will get a interview. Started my application so late and submitted my application later. Wish I had started earlier.
Hi guys! Don't lose your hope! At the interview, I talked to a P2 student who didn't apply until December and immediately got an invite for an interview couple weeks after... then got in for the same year that she applied for. Plus, the school is really looking for a well rounded individual, not just your current academic standing... so don't lose hope!!! If miracle can happen to me, I'm sure it can happen to you guys too =)

Hi guys! Don't lose your hope! At the interview, I talked to a P2 student who didn't apply until December and immediately got an invite for an interview couple weeks after... then got in for the same year that she applied for. Plus, the school is really looking for a well rounded individual, not just your current academic standing... so don't lose hope!!! If miracle can happen to me, I'm sure it can happen to you guys too =)

Thank you very much. That makes me feel a lot better. I really appreciate that.