surgeons are rich right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
$100,000 is less than 25% of what my dad makes in a month lol. you must have come from a poor background law2doc. not all undergraduate or pre-meds are came from poor background.

Dude, I'm talking about the folks on this thread talking about Porsches.:rolleyes: (I'm not the ones still in undergrad.)

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
$100,000 is less than 25% of what my dad makes in a month lol. you must have come from a poor background law2doc. not all undergraduates or pre-meds are come from poor background.

But if your dad truly banks 5 mill a year, and you are deeming that the norm, then yes I guess I come from a poor background.

not all undergraduates or pre-meds are come from poor background.
But some come from a poor grammatical background.
$100,000 is less than 25% of what my dad makes in a month lol. you must have come from a poor background law2doc.
And unsupported anectdotes does not a point make.

Last edited:
I can say from experience that $100,000 is not that much in the "real world" - at least if you live in a larger city. In fact, I make more than that and after taxes are taken out state and federal taxes, property taxes, social security and medicare, I make my house payment, my student loan payments, my wife's student loan payments, two car payments, buy gas, pay life insurance, pay property insurance, health insurance, car insurance, utilities, keep my credit cards at zero balances, buy food, buy cloths, pay pre school costs for my daughter and general life expenses, there really is not that much left over for fun or investing. I did not realize how fast certain tax credits and deductions phase out when you make a little money (i.e. child tax credit, student loan interest, lifetime learning, etc.) At my first job my base salary was $125,000 per year before taxes. My wife worked and we did not have kids at the time. I thought I was going to be rich. It really is a lot less money than you think when you have big student loans. Don't get me wrong, making more money is better than making less, but $100,000 year is not nearly as much as I thought it was when I was a student.

Last edited:
unsupported anectdotes? you want my dad's business name and talk to him and ask him if he really makes that much money? you are more than welcome to visit him if you want. send me a pm.

Screw that i want a job with him!:D

That is great that your dad knows haw to make money. Hopefully he will pass it on to you when he moves on and your medical salary will be of little importance for life planning. You are in an enviable position.

That is great that your dad knows haw to make money. Hopefully he will pass it on to you when he moves on and your medical salary will be of little importance for life planning. You are in an enviable position.

hahahah, funny. It all makes sense in this little equation.

inheritance = two weeks notice!

Last edited:
well he has all that money but he still works 16 hours a day monday through saturday. he's been working 16 hours a day for over 20 years except sunday. as you've guessed, he owns several liquors stores (hint was that he doesn't work on sundays)

he said he wouldn't support me and give me any money if I don't go to college and do something meaningful. so I chose to become a doctor and save people's lives.

Are you hindu?

Members don't see this ad :)
unsupported anectdotes? you want my dad's business name and talk to him and ask him if he really makes that much money? you are more than welcome to visit him if you want. send me a pm.

somebody needs a hug, followed by a cookie. p.s. why are u tryin so hard to prove your dad over the internet, honestly who gives a ****.. i could have sworn this site was about helping eachother out w/ getting into medical school.

Last edited:

Last edited:
This is a good idea, but too few folks seem to have the discipline to implement this, and many on the board do not seem content to live within their means. It means you will be driving a buick when you have enough money in the bank to lease a porsche, or live in a one bedroom apartment when you probably can afford a two bedroom. And so on. Pretty soon you have a hefty mortgage, and family expenses. It balloons quite quickly. Then the unexpected things happen -- things you didn't budget for. And there you are, making a nice income and broke. And you don't even have to be living as large as MC Hammer to blow through the kind of money you earn as a doctor.
Troof. I'm trying to pay off my other loans (car and wife's school loans) rather than living like a baller now. A lot of my classmates are making some relatively large purchases on their loans. Hopefully my choices will pay off in the long run.

Last edited:

Last edited:
let's just say that I'm an asian immigrant :thumbup:
It's been only 5 years since I came to the united states and my english is VERY POOR (you've probably noticed already lol)
I'm so worried about the VR section in MCAT lol.

By the way, I've made an asian URM thread before and got so much hostile replies lol.

There is no such thing. Asians are not URM, get it striaght.

Last edited:
and here comes the troll lol
now this thread is seriously corrupted
gotta find a moderator to either lock it or delete it

HAHA TROLL?...FROM WIKIPEDIA

a troll is usually someone who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum, and posts inflammatory, rude, repetitive, offensive, off-topic or otherwise disruptive messages designed intentionally to annoy, stimulate or antagonize the existing members or alter the flow of discussion, including the personal attack of calling others trolls

You arrogantly call people jealous, you call me a troll, may i call you a hypocrite?

Last edited:
are you saying that e class is not safe? gosh another jealous idiot
Jealous? :laugh: My parents love me SO much, that this is what they bought me to keep me safe. I'd love to see what happens if we got in a head-on collision with your cute widdle car.

cxt_intl_yellow.jpg

That's my point. I go by the official results to judge what cars are safe and what cars are not safe. But again, it's my personal preference :laugh:

There really isn't any point in responding, since there have been like 50 posts since your reply, but I'm not denying the tests, etc. What you are saying makes sense. Though, I don't see what's funny about personal preference. You choose to buy your car according to what is shown to be the safest. I choose to buy mine based on personal experience. How is that funny? :confused:

There really isn't any point in responding, since there have been like 50 posts since your reply, but I'm not denying the tests, etc. What you are saying makes sense. Though, I don't see what's funny about personal preference. You choose to buy your car according to what is shown to be the safest. I choose to buy mine based on personal experience. How is that funny? :confused:

Seems like the OP shows a lack of maturity after being provided for by his parents for his life. I think (hope) he will realize that there are more important things in life than money and a mercedes benz.

Last edited:
you are better off not replying to my thread with your stupid comment.
I clearly said above that I drive benz because it's a lot safer than ****ty cars you drive. Money is not important. My parents make enough money and as long as I go to college and graduate and do somethign meaningful in life, I will make and have more money than your entire family will make in 100 years. you can't even understand something simple so you must be DUMB and I must be IMMATURE. I rather be immature instead of being dumb.

If money isn't so important, why do you keep stressing how your superior to everybody on this thread by your family's supposed wealth?

And I wasn't talking about the value of your car. I was referring to your posts about your dad being so wealthy...be careful who you call dumb

you are better off not replying to my thread with your stupid comment.
I clearly said above that I drive benz because it's a lot safer than ****ty cars you drive. Money is not important. My parents make enough money and as long as I go to college and graduate and do somethign meaningful in life, I will make and have more money than your entire family will make in 100 years. you can't even understand something simple so you must be DUMB and I must be IMMATURE. I rather be immature instead of being dumb.

This post clearly shows both!:cool:

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
stop responding to this guy.

please just let this thread die.

I have closed this thread for violating TOS.

Last edited:

Last edited:
I hope you don't think that I was flaming you, or that I am jealous of you. You can drive whatever you like, so long as you can afford it or steal it without getting caught--so can everyone else. And, being jealous of someone on an anonymous forum is pretty pathetic. I have a tad more self-esteem than that.

Last edited:
Wow, this thread is ridiculously stupid.

ok then excluding you, the idiot who posted a picture of a truck is definitely jealous of rich people. he probably can't even afford his medical school tuition and living in an attic of some people's house to save money. someone told me that at least half of the people who go into medicine are poor. because they were poor, they want to be doctors and make some money and get out of the cycle of poverty. people on this forum have proven that to be true. if this forum was designed for rich pre-meds and medical students, talking about how wealthy someone's parent wouldn't provoke any jealousy. in fact, no one would care because they are all rich. but here, most people are poor so they get pissed off when somebody talks about how wealthy his family is. I know it's sad and pathetic but it's true.

Troll has been reported

Last edited:
Congratulations.....you premeds have really outdone yourselves on this thread.

:barf: :barf: :barf:

Last edited: