surgeons are rich right?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
DAMN...i go out to home depot for like a minute, come back, and all of a sudden khjb007 is banned? that sucks; this thread was actually pretty entertaining, and i was looking forward to more posts from this kid...oh well, he's probably got so much cash that he can buy sdn and un-ban himself to prove how rich he is...

Members don't see this ad.

DAMN...i go out to home depot for like a minute, come back, and all of a sudden khjb007 is banned? that sucks; this thread was actually pretty entertaining, and i was looking forward to more posts from this kid...oh well, he's probably got so much cash that he can buy sdn and un-ban himself to prove how rich he is...
:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
sweeeeeet. dude had it comin. :thumbup:

Yeah, seriously. I went downstairs to get some pizza, and all this crap happens. Is Denmark banned too? All his posts are removed.

Yeah, seriously. I went downstairs to get some pizza, and all this crap happens. Is Denmark banned too? All his posts are removed.

Yea what's up with that? I don't think he said anything wrong.

Unlike the rest of you, I for one am glad both of those dudes are gone from SDN. they were starting to be irritating with their imaturity and obssession with money and material things.

and you are just jealous... I don't blame you
blame your parents for not being able to support you in medical school

sorry. I could not help but respond to this one. I am from humble beginnings myself but I have always advocated against people hating on rich kids because they are rich. My reason for doing this has always been that nobody chooses who they are born to and it is not anybody's fault that they were born rich. besides, who knows what a rich kid's parents had to go through to earn their money? On the other hand, I find it appalling that you would make a statement like the one you made above, especially since you had no say in which family you were born. It is great to be proud of your dad but realize that you were not born to him by your own merit. " those who have their nut cracked for them by a benevolent spirit should not forget to be humble." (Chenua Achebe, "Things Fall Apart")

sorry. I could not help but respond to this one. I am from humble beginnings myself but I have always advocated against people hating on rich kids because they are rich. My reason for doing this has always been that nobody chooses who they are born to and it is not anybody's fault that they were born rich. besides, who knows what a rich kid's parents had to go through to earn their money? On the other hand, I find it appalling that you would make a statement like the one you made above, especially since you had no say in which family you were born. It is great to be proud of your dad but realize that you were not born to him by your own merit. " those who have their nut cracked for them by a benevolent spirit should not forget to be humble." (Chenua Achebe, "Things Fall Apart")

ok. i guess i was little late with this reply. I was reading the thread, got to his statement, and had to reply. oh well!

the height of your horse will make your fall even more amusing :thumbup:

Well, he might have put it a little too high-horse-like, but I'd imagine that the surgeons that are still practicing when they don't have to, do it because they love their jobs-whether it's because they get to help people while doing it or for some other reason.

Plus you know, when you've worked at a hospital for like 30+ years, a lot of your friends are also hospital workers. So it's harder than you'd think to just leave.

Heck, it was hard enough graduating college and saying goodbye to people you knew for 4 years, so it's probably next to impossible to leave a hospital after 30 years lol.

Correct! If rates are consolidated below 5%, it is very easy to beat that yield, sometimes by A LOT, in a variety of investment vehicles. No point paying off your 5% interest loan when your money is in an 8% yield REIT.

Heh, exactly...although your 8% example isn't a good example because you have to pay taxes on that 8%. But if you can get a large amount of gain (like say, 10-20%) it'd more than wipe the interest.

Most margin rates (loans from brokerages to buy stocks) are much higher than student loan rates, so you can think of it as a low-interest margin if you don't pay it off quickly.

Of course, I'm also the guy who's keeping his college loans and breaking even on the interest by investing only about 1/3rd of how much he owes lol.

Wish I had made the 2% consolidation though...I'm such a *****-I missed the deadline by one day and now I owe them like $1200 a year in interest. On the bright side this is pushing me to actually counter the interest with investments and maybe even pay off the loan sometime soon lol.