Taking the MCAT in JUNE For 2022-2023 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

snaher

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm a little confused and need some advice. I'm graduating in May and I'm planning on applying for medical schools to enroll in Fall 2023 if I get admitted. Initially, I was planning on taking the MCAT on April 30th but I don't feel ready and I'm overwhelmed with my coursework. I'm considering taking the MCAT on June 4. Is it too late to take the exam in June if AMCAS should be submitted by the end of June? Has anyone submitted their primary application and sent in their MCAT score a few weeks later? Will sending my MCAT score in July affect my admittance?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!

I'm a little confused and need some advice. I'm graduating in May and I'm planning on applying for medical schools to enroll in Fall 2023 if I get admitted. Initially, I was planning on taking the MCAT on April 30th but I don't feel ready and I'm overwhelmed with my coursework. I'm considering taking the MCAT on June 4. Is it too late to take the exam in June if AMCAS should be submitted by the end of June? Has anyone submitted their primary application and sent in their MCAT score a few weeks later? Will sending my MCAT score in July affect my admittance?
You can submit your AMCAS application without an MCAT score, but why not wait until after June 4 to fill it out. Use all your study time before the MCAT. You will need to send your transcripts to AMCAS to have them begin work on processing your application.
Since you won't know what your MCAT score is, list only 1 school at first on your AMCAS app. Later if you like the score, adding more schools won't put your app back in the verification line again.

Reactions: 1 users
No, having your MCAT score in July won't hurt you- it'll just make your application planning a bit trickier since you'll have to decide what schools to apply to based on your MCAT score.

Kevin W, MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

Agreeing with @wysdoc , many applicants do this and add schools later once you get the MCAT score back, but you should be on top of completing your secondaries after you designate additional schools.

Reactions: 1 user