Temple University 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dingash

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Temple's deadline is in december. Do they have rolling admissions? Any info/experience on what's the earliest they start sending interview calls by? or do they wait until december.
Does applying earlier (like right now) here will make any difference or I can wait until sept/oct. It's a 3 yr univ so low on my preferences..so i was wondering if I should wait and see if I hear anything from the other 2 yr univ which I already applied to. Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

Temple's deadline is in december. Do they have rolling admissions? Any info/experience on what's the earliest they start sending interview calls by? or do they wait until december.
Does applying earlier (like right now) here will make any difference or I can wait until sept/oct. It's a 3 yr univ so low on my preferences..so i was wondering if I should wait and see if I hear anything from the other 2 yr univ which I already applied to. Any suggestions?
its not rolling admissions.... last time they interviewed like in feb after application was over ... check out last year's thread

its not rolling admissions.... last time they interviewed like in feb after application was over ... check out last year's thread

So for both temple and nyu, it doesn't matter if I apply now or November? Right? It's going to make no difference, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
So for both temple and nyu, it doesn't matter if I apply now or November? Right? It's going to make no difference, right?
only difference is in decmeber, there would be tonnes of applications to be reviewed.. now they have lesser... so they review your application with a cool mind now which is unlikely later

only difference is in decmeber, there would be tonnes of applications to be reviewed.. now they have lesser... so they review your application with a cool mind now which is unlikely later

Thanks, that makes sense. I guess I will wait until October so neither I am too late nor too early.

did anybody get the supplemental application?
i heard that they ask all the details about dental work in school but d one that i got does nt have that type of questions...m i missin smthin!!:confused:

did anybody get the supplemental application?
i heard that they ask all the details about dental work in school but d one that i got does nt have that type of questions...m i missin smthin!!:confused:

Hey did you get the supplemental application email?

do they send supplemental application to all the applicants who applied ? or they send to only those candidates they are interested in interviewing ?

do they send supplemental application to all the applicants who applied ? or they send to only those candidates they are interested in interviewing ?

Well I have not got anything yet. I don't know if the applic for the supplemental documents has been sent out to or not. Any one received it? Assuming White Pearl got one!!

Good for you White Pearls. Dont know if they are done sending the request..hmphh

Well I have not got anything yet. I don't know if the applic for the supplemental documents has been sent out to or not. Any one received it? Assuming White Pearl got one!!

Thanks for the prompt reply.

White Pearl please update us on your supplemental application and stats :)

Relax guyz!!!
i think everybody wl get the supplemental app soon...:)
my stats r not at al gr8
its just a supplemental app asking primary inf
n toefl scores in detail...i think they give much imp on toefl(as in the website).
n you have to write nbde scores n send lor if you have not send one(but most of us already did through CAAPID!!!):rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
nice white pearl ..... still i wait for supplemental application,
Relax guyz!!!
i think everybody wl get the supplemental app soon...:)
my stats r not at al gr8
its just a supplemental app asking primary inf
n toefl scores in detail...i think they give much imp on toefl(as in the website).
n you have to write nbde scores n send lor if you have not send one(but most of us already did through CAAPID!!!):rolleyes:

Hey Guys/Gals,
I got the email for supplemental info.Was a bit confused.But I guess this is standard practice.But tell me something....will ALL applicants get this email or only people who are found eligible for the next step?Is this a filtering step or not?

hi i also get email ,,i mam just confusing about section 3,,have any idea about that part? thanks in advance
Hey Guys/Gals,
I got the email for supplemental info.Was a bit confused.But I guess this is standard practice.But tell me something....will ALL applicants get this email or only people who are found eligible for the next step?Is this a filtering step or not?

I guess they want our permission whether they can tell our info to other colleges if there is an inquiry.
But what I am confused about is whether one of the recommendation letters was from a science teacher.I submitted 3 LORs in CAAPID...2 were my college professors(one being the Dean) and one was a colleague.So any idea if I have to get a LOR from a Science professor?I dont have any I can approach.All long forgotten.

I guess they want our permission whether they can tell our info to other colleges if there is an inquiry.
But what I am confused about is whether one of the recommendation letters was from a science teacher.I submitted 3 LORs in CAAPID...2 were my college professors(one being the Dean) and one was a colleague.So any idea if I have to get a LOR from a Science professor?I dont have any I can approach.All long forgotten.
thanks... science professor in my point of view any professor who taught in your dental school ...i submitted two L.O.R. (one dean and one professor )

thanks... science professor in my point of view any professor who taught in your dental school ...i submitted two L.O.R. (one dean and one professor )
But do you think this is one of the filtering process/level or will all applicants get this email?

Hey Guys/Gals,
I don't think it's a filtering step. I believe so because without your application fees they would not process your application!!!!!

i got the temple supplemental applctn today

1. A $ 50 fee to the school
2. just one paper pdf asking - ur CAAPID details, contact info
- TOEFL score, NBDE's,

3. Section 2 and 3 have a bit confusing stuff-

1. LOR of dean and a science professor ( y a science professor? either this means its similar to supplemental form for Pre dental students or do they actually mean a dental professor? did any1 call n enquire?)
2. application disclosure (what did you guys select -? No one/ limited to individuals?)

Pls people who have already sent the supplemental/ already in Temple..do reply!!

I got the supplemental application email.

However, I wanted to update my CV/Resume. How do i do that? send it along in mail in same packet with supplemental form and application fee?

or it cannot be updated?

Hi,
Can anyone clarify this: In temple supplemental application, It was said that they need a US bank address, I am from Canada, How to get it? So far, I did not have any problems, as Canadian banks do it in US funds. If someone has any info, kindly lemme know.
Thanks.

I got the supplemental application email.

However, I wanted to update my CV/Resume. How do i do that? send it along in mail in same packet with supplemental form and application fee?

or it cannot be updated?

I called them asked about it and they said that any hard copy other than supple n check will not be accepted.
he said that it is clear in mail that any mail,email sent directly to school will not be considered!!!!

I called them asked about it and they said that any hard copy other than supple n check will not be accepted.
he said that it is clear in mail that any mail,email sent directly to school will not be considered!!!!
I guess I may be missing something.So we DO fill out the suppli form and then take a print out and mail it to the college direct right?And they should accept that?Same as Pollen......I am from Canada.So isnt it enough to send a MO in US funds from Canada?

i got the temple supplemental applctn today

1. A $ 50 fee to the school
2. just one paper pdf asking - ur CAAPID details, contact info
- TOEFL score, NBDE's,

3. Section 2 and 3 have a bit confusing stuff-

1. LOR of dean and a science professor ( y a science professor? either this means its similar to supplemental form for Pre dental students or do they actually mean a dental professor? did any1 call n enquire?)
2. application disclosure (what did you guys select -? No one/ limited to individuals?)

Pls people who have already sent the supplemental/ already in Temple..do reply!!
I sent an email asking about science professor's LOR. I wrote I've one from dean and other from my OS professor. No reply yet :(

I sent an email asking about science professor's LOR. I wrote I've one from dean and other from my OS professor. No reply yet :(
I sent it again and they replied promptly. Email says Oral Surgery professor is a Science professor.:laugh:

can anyone tell me please that do we have to send anything else except that form and fee? I mean do we have to send degree certi, LOR, NBDE, TOEFL and other documents? Please help me.
Thanks in advance.

can anyone tell me please that do we have to send anything else except that form and fee? I mean do we have to send degree certi, LOR, NBDE, TOEFL and other documents? Please help me.
Thanks in advance.
NOPE! They've mentioned that if invited for IV you have to take official or notarized NBDE and TOEFL scores.

how many seats does temple university have for ISP ? does anyone know?

QUOTE=JRD;11780884]thanks buddy. when do they have their interviews?[/QUOTE]

Has anyone applied after October and already received the supplemental application? How many days passed since u applied and received the supplemental application? Also, if we haven't sent an lor from d science professor but have sent one from the dean, can we send just one Lorene d supplemental application?

hi desires, I have got supplement application after one week of submission of caapid. I do not know about the sciene professor lor? What does that mean? Is it any professor from our dental school or anything else?

hi desires, I have got supplement application after one week of submission of caapid. I do not know about the sciene professor lor? What does that mean? Is it any professor from our dental school or anything else?
Hey Kanish,
Thank u for the reply. I have submitted my applicatino to caapid yesterday. And they haven't mailed it out yet. Maybe I too will know in a week. From the previous posts I can understand that a science professor is any professor from dental school as they have counted even an oral surgery professor as a science professor.
I have sent thru caapid a lor from the dean, 2 lors from dentists and none from a professor so, was just enquiring regarding that.
Will give you a heads up as and when I know. You can call Jeremy Hull too if you want to know. I will wait till I get a supplemental application.
All the best.

If anyone receives an Application complete mail..pls do update. :thumbup:

I have a concern regarding the LORs. Its given in the website that the LORs should be written within 1year. All my LORs are within 1yr except the one written by the dean, which is almost 1.5 years old. So am really not sure what to do and especially when the deadline is drawing very near. If anybody has any idea please share with me.
-Thanks

hi
my toefl score is 97,temple uni website says 100 and above...anyone here applied with less than 100...pls reply

hi
my toefl score is 97,temple uni website says 100 and above...anyone here applied with less than 100...pls reply

I think best way is to call the school directly and ask them. In my own opinion, they consider the whole package so that's better you apply and keep faith.

I think best way is to call the school directly and ask them. In my own opinion, they consider the whole package so that's better you apply and keep faith.
Hey . Can u post the temple university ph. No.
Also do we hav to write anythin in the section 3 of the supp application wher they ask for list of people to give permission to access the application.Ttttt

Originally Posted by JRD
Can u post the temple university ph. No.
Also do we hav to write anythin in the section 3 of the supp application wher they ask for list of people to give permission to access the application.

Dear JRD this is the phone number:
Admissions Office:
Phone: (1-800) 441-4363

No, you do not need to write anything there, just select "Anyone who inquires about my application".
(If you select "Limited to the individuals listed in the section provided", then you need to write the names. But usually everybody select "Anyone who...")

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JRD
Can u post the temple university ph. No.
Also do we hav to write anythin in the section 3 of the supp application wher they ask for list of people to give permission to access the application.

Dear JRD this is the phone number:
Admissions Office:
Phone: (1-800) 441-4363

No, you do not need to write anything there, just select "Anyone who inquires about my application".
(If you select "Limited to the individuals listed in the section provided", then you need to write the names. But usually everybody select "Anyone who...")
thanx a lot lucky.
i'l be sendin the apllication today?
have they been callin students for interview calls?
wats ur status?

thanx a lot lucky.
i'l be sendin the apllication today?
have they been callin students for interview calls?
wats ur status?

You are very welcome. Yes, that's better you send your application as soon as possible.
I haven't heard of anybody receiving interview invitation yet. I think they send invitations after deadline.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Could anyone please give an idea about the Temple Uni? I mean what is special about it, and also what is the admission criteria for them? Do they prefer more experience or better scores?
Thank you

Hi guys,

Could anyone please give an idea about the Temple Uni? I mean what is special about it, and also what is the admission criteria for them? Do they prefer more experience or better scores?
Thank you
They have 3 year program.

temple prefers ppl with more work experience or additonal degrees like MBA, MPH but they do accept ppl with lower part 1 scores......i think temple is a great school......good professors, solid education and most imporatantly a great flow of patients.....so loads of clinical experience......i think temple is worth the 3 years.....best of luck

Sent the supplimental application.So will have to see what happens.But my scores are quite low.The part 1.So not much hope.