Temple University 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
temple prefers ppl with more work experience or additonal degrees like MBA, MPH but they do accept ppl with lower part 1 scores......i think temple is a great school......good professors, solid education and most imporatantly a great flow of patients.....so loads of clinical experience......i think temple is worth the 3 years.....best of luck

NYU and temple have 3yr programs.

I hope NYU vs Temple. Temple would be cheaper.

From their website i found 60k tuition fee. So 180k fee. and roughly another 20k for instrument and books. so a total of 200k irrespective of living expenses. Is this right?
So how much costlier is it than say BU/Colorado? 50k?

Could any current student from temple elaborate on this?? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

temple prefers ppl with more work experience or additonal degrees like MBA, MPH but they do accept ppl with lower part 1 scores......i think temple is a great school......good professors, solid education and most imporatantly a great flow of patients.....so loads of clinical experience......i think temple is worth the 3 years.....best of luck

Thanks for your description.

any news from temple.....i submitted my secondary application before one month till no any reaply from temple dental school.....

Members don't see this ad :)
any news from temple.....i submitted my secondary application before one month till no any reaply from temple dental school.....

same here my friend...
but no news since then...

they will send out interview calls in Jan

hey friends...can any one suggest how can we update our resume in our profile after submitting secondary application???

hey lucky,
i tried callin them and could not get through.
do u know an email address on which i could send an email.i sent my sec application 20 days ago and haven got an application complete email.

Originally Posted by JRD
Can u post the temple university ph. No.
Also do we hav to write anythin in the section 3 of the supp application wher they ask for list of people to give permission to access the application.

Dear JRD this is the phone number:
Admissions Office:
Phone: (1-800) 441-4363

No, you do not need to write anything there, just select "Anyone who inquires about my application".
(If you select "Limited to the individuals listed in the section provided", then you need to write the names. But usually everybody select "Anyone who...")

hey lucky,
i tried callin them and could not get through.
do u know an email address on which i could send an email.i sent my sec application 20 days ago and haven got an application complete email.

I dont know whether anyone did got the reply from temple that secondary application is complete...they might probably reply in january..

Hello everyone, do you know if we have to send a letter of recommendation from a professor? i just have one from the dean and others from US dentists. i won't be able to get one from a professor. do you think Temple will accept my application?

Thanks

Hello everyone, do you know if we have to send a letter of recommendation from a professor? i just have one from the dean and others from US dentists. i won't be able to get one from a professor. do you think Temple will accept my application?

Thanks

Its always better to send what is being mentioned by the School..... They will accept your application off-course but your interview call will depend on how competitive is your application...

you are right. i called them and they informed me thT they r runnin late with the applications and that the last date for the supplemental applications is till 1st feb(surprising)
they havent given any confirmation about the secondary application yet.
I dont know whether anyone did got the reply from temple that secondary application is complete...they might probably reply in january..

finally...Got the secondary application complete email...waiting for some more good emails in next couple of weeks:)..hope i get that too..!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here "Application under review"
SO hopefully end of Jan there'll be good news about the next step

me too...Application under review

Any more updates or news from TEMPLE...:)...?

Last edited:
any news from temple guys?
when do they send interviews

do anybody know about howard univ ...any thread for that ..........i applied through caapid in oct but never heard from them after that ....not even for supplimental application

Hey Everyone.... I received an invitation for an interview this morning via email. They gave 3 available dates Jan 31. Feb. 7th & 14th.... anyway... if anyone else gets this email please reply which day you have chosen! Thanks and good luck :thumbup:

Hey Everyone.... I received an invitation for an interview this morning via email. They gave 3 available dates Jan 31. Feb. 7th & 14th.... anyway... if anyone else gets this email please reply which day you have chosen! Thanks and good luck :thumbup:
congratulations on your IV...good luck...

congratulations!! Can you please share your stats and when u have applied?

hey all... i applied in October... and my stats are actually not quite as impressive as i would have wished for... nbde 1: 80, toefl: 115, and gpa 3.2/ 3.45 (best).... so there is hope!! really... don't give up... it really hasn't been easy... but i believe prayers work!!

oh and thanks kanish and raghav4!! good luck

Congratulations forgorvos and good luck to you.

At this point I just hope they are not done sending all the interviews. If anyone else got any more info please share.

Thanks

thank you very much Dr! i doubt it... i was reading posts from the previous years.. and it seems like the first interview emails were sent out on jan 14th last year... and not that many people actually posted in the temple university forum... so i'm sure it's only the beginning

thanks for the information and good luck!!

Congratulations Pearls!!

Really happy for you:)

Hey all, I got an interview invite as well. I will be declining it, so there is gonna be an open slot for someone else! All the best guys!

Thanks guys for the info, did you all receive the invite in the morning?

I also got iv yesterday,, its amazing how fast dates are full,, she said they iv 12ppl/day,, +bring original toefl and nbde+ the consent forms(attached to the email),,, am i missing sth?,, do they scores have to be in the sealed envelope? it takes a month for nbde to be sent..

The man on the phone said a copy of the NBDE and TOEFL scores.... he didn't specify...

Congratulations for those who received the interview invites!

Last edited:
how many batches they call for interview? just one? any idea?

so they have called first batch or they already called all 3

Hey Guys,
I have been invited for an iv from temple yesterday. I have chosen 7th feb. Is anybody else also going at that date.
I also wanted to know what it is going to be like that day. Their interview procedure is very different. Any inputs anyone????

Thanks.

Hi white pearls, just wanted to know whether all the three batches have been called?

i may be wrong..don't quote me... but i believe the 3 dates given are the only days they are going to interview. They said it's first come first serve depending on who calls to schedule the day they want to go on.

As far as what is a video interview....it seems like you have 3-5 minutes to explain why you are interested in the school etc...and they will film you. The video will then be reviewed by the committee, and then they will decide.

Hope that helps.

Hey Guys,
I have been invited for an iv from temple yesterday. I have chosen 7th feb. Is anybody else also going at that date.
I also wanted to know what it is going to be like that day. Their interview procedure is very different. Any inputs anyone????

Thanks.

The day goes like this...you will report to the admissions office in the morning around 7 where jeremy and brian will receive you( i dunno if the guys changed from last year) ...then you all will be taken to a conference room where they will tell you to give brief introduction like name, place you are from and hobbies...make it a bit innovative...he may also throw some wierd questions at you like favorite instrument..craziest thing you have ever done etc...then there will be a presentation about the school and the course...once done you will be taken on a school tour and given an opportunity to talk to students...make sure you interact and talk to students...after the tour you will go on lunch with a few students...talk to them and get as much info as possible..about school, curriculum, patients, city life etc...after lunch you go back to the office where every one will be given a question(same for everyone) and you will have to write a short essay kind of thing on it...while writing they will inform you that you can go into a room as and when you want for your video recording...in there you have talk for 3-4 mins about yourself and what separates you from others..and thats it...

few pointers- 1.be pro active- make conversations whenever possible
2. for the video..prepare what you have to say but donot memorise and blabber it out in front of the camera.
3. dont think and worry about blanking out or hesitating in front of the camera...it happens to everyone and even they know it....so if it happens just move on to whatever you remember and complete the video...I had literally blanked out for a minute after I started to talk...even then I was one of the first few people to get an acceptance
4. if they dont give it to you..ask for brians and jeremys business card and send them a thank you mail later that evening(even they will tell you to do so)

all the best guys...

Thank you very much appu09. Great tips to keep in mind. Can u also tell us how soon do we get to hear from them after the interview.