Texas A&M Pharmacy C/O 2019 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received my interview invitation today as well! It's for January 29th. Excited about it :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an invite to interview for February 6th!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know how long does it take from Copus Christi airport to the school? Is the traffic bad in the morning?

I
i thought u got acceptance from UNT?!
I got accepted to UH and UNT already. Just weighing my options. This is my fourth interview invite and I applied to 5 schools. Had to play it safe! I got an invite from UT Austin this past Wednesday as well.

I

I got accepted to UH and UNT already. Just weighing my options. This is my fourth interview invite and I applied to 5 schools. Had to play it safe! I got an invite from UT Austin this past Wednesday as well.
Wow that's awesome!!!! You must be a very strong applicants! You should go eith UT if accepted

Received my interview invitation today as well! It's for January 29th. Excited about it :)
Congratulations. I received my interview invitation this morning as well for January 7!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! I didn't even realize that they had one that early haha.
I know. :) I'm going to have to reschedule an interview I have in California on 1/6 because there's no way I'll be able to get back for the A&M one by 1/7.

Were you able to contact UH?

I know. :) I'm going to have to reschedule an interview I have in California on 1/6 because there's no way I'll be able to get back for the A&M one by 1/7.

Were you able to contact UH?
Right, that would be too much hustle. Which Cali school? I have literally contacted them like 5 times haha they're probably tired of me by now. I called this morning and Mr. Ely verified some things with me and said that he was going to get back to me by the end of today because the admissions committee reviewed my application but he couldn't tell if they had made a decision or not. Hopefully I'll get back good news :)

Last edited:
Right, that would be too much hustle. Which Cali school? I have literally contacted them like 5 times haha they're probably tired of me by now. I called this morning and Dr. Ely verified some things with me and said that he was going to get back to me by the end of today because the admissions committee reviewed my application but he couldn't tell if they had made a decision or not. Hopefully I'll get back good news :)
Right, that would be too much hustle. Which Cali school? I have literally contacted them like 5 times haha they're probably tired of me by now. I called this morning and Dr. Ely verified some things with me and said that he was going to get back to me by the end of today because the admissions committee reviewed my application but he couldn't tell if they had made a decision or not. Hopefully I'll get back good news :)
Good to hear that UH is currently reviewing your application so good luck today!! Hope they extend you an interview invitation! By the way, I just read the A&M interview letter and it clearly stated the interview is on Jan. 22 at 4pm. I'm not sure where I got the 1/7 date from haha.

What other Texas schools are you applying?

Good to hear that UH is currently reviewing your application so good luck today!! Hope they extend you an interview invitation! By the way, I just read the A&M interview letter and it clearly stated the interview is on Jan. 22 at 4pm. I'm not sure where I got the 1/7 date from haha.

What other Texas schools are you applying?
Thanks me too! Haha oh ok well that's good that you don't have to move anything around now. I've applied to UT, UH, Tech, & A&M in Texas. And you?

Thanks me too! Haha oh ok well that's good that you don't have to move anything around now. I've applied to UT, UH, Tech, & A&M in Texas. And you?
I applied to the same number of schools except UT Austin because I missed their application deadline. I also applied to UNT in Forth Worth.

I applied to the same number of schools except UT Austin because I missed their application deadline. I also applied to UNT in Forth Worth.
Ohh ok gotcha. What about out of state?

Ohh ok gotcha. What about out of state?
I'm originally from the Bay Area of Northern California so I also applied to UCSF and Pacific this cycle. Unfortunately for me, CA schools do not accept the PCAT score. I already interviewed with UCSF and will interview with UOP in January.

I'm originally from the Bay Area of Northern California so I also applied to UCSF and Pacific this cycle. Unfortunately for me, CA schools do not accept the PCAT score. I already interviewed with UCSF and will interview with UOP in January.
Nice! Good luck to you :) yeah I saw that, it is unfortunate but at least you've got interviews so you're one step closer.

I got an interview invite for February 6th! Anybody else?

Reactions: 2 users
I have an interview for February 6 too at 4pm.

Got an interview invite for January 30th :)

Reactions: 2 users
Hi guys, first time on this site. I was reading a thread about the people applying for the 2013 cycle and got excited and nervous just reading about them waiting.

I got an interview e-mail scheduled for Feb 12 @ 4:00pm. I am super excited :)

Reactions: 1 users
Finally got an interview for January 23! I don't know why they decided to send mind so late but I barely got the invite today. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
I plan on renting a car to drive from corpus christi airport to Kingsville the day before my interview day. Just curious, how bad is the traffic from the airport to Kingsville?

Hi y'all! I'm currently a P1 here at TAMHSC and just wanted to wish you all luck with your interviews! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. I know it was helpful to me last year around this time to hear from the P1s and P2s. I'll be one of the current students running the afternoon Q&A sessions today and tomorrow, so hopefully I get to meet some of you! :hello:

Do you know how long the interview last? Is that 2 hours?

The whole process takes about 1.5-2 hours, at least for my group that was true. You'll fill out some papers, watch a video about the school, and then they'll start taking you back in groups for your interviews. The actual oral interview only lasts about 25 minutes.

The whole process takes about 1.5-2 hours, at least for my group that was true. You'll fill out some papers, watch a video about the school, and then they'll start taking you back in groups for your interviews. The actual oral interview only lasts about 25 minutes.

Thank you :)

And then there's a Q&A session after the interview. The one surprising thing I found out is that Texas A&M does not do rolling admission. They will wait until their final interview is over in late February before ranking all the interviewees and sending out their top 50 offers. This will benefit those who interview late because those who interview early won't necessarily have an advantage over those who interview late. Each person will be given a grade based on the following criteria: interview is given the highest weight at 25%, GPA 15%, PCAT 15%, letters of recommendations 10%, etc. Lol I forgot what the other criteria are after the first 4 but just wanted to stress that your interview performance carries the highest weight!

Hi guys! My name is Heaven, and I am a P1 student at A&M kingsville. If any of you have any questions, please let me know! I'll be more than happy to answer your questions :) Best of luck with the whole application process :)

Hey guyS! Do any of you need a ride back to the airport after the interview?

what con or pro between college station and Kingsville?( I mean the differences?)

Like for College station. Do I need to take class online? because all professors are in Kingsville?

what con or pro between college station and Kingsville?( I mean the differences?)

Like for College station. Do I need to take class online? because all professors are in Kingsville?

Since this is the first year for College Station, they are still trying to get organizations, fraternities, socials and everything situated. They are not online classes. It is a live videoconference and we have mics that we all use to answer questions during class. There are about 2 professors in college station, but the professors from kingsville will go to college station sometimes and give lecture from there. The big downside of having college station is that we don't really get to see our classmates from over there. We only see them during orientation week and through the screens during class. The upside for everyone is that they record the lectures for most classes. Some teachers will decide no to record their lectures, but it is only a few.

thank Toph01 this is pretty much I want to know

When will be the orientation days and what to prepare for it?

When will be the orientation days and what to prepare for it?

It might be different for you guys, but ours was the 4-8. School starts on August 10th again, so I'm assuming it's going to be the 3-7 for the new P1's. There is really nothing to do to prepare for it. You will have different things to do during the week like HIPAA training, CPR training, getting your picture taken for your ID, a dinner, a mix and mingle social and stuff like that. They also will talk to you about text books, but DO NOT be intimidated and do not go and buy all the books either. Just wait till classes start so you can gage and see which ones you will actually need. If you decide to buy some of the books, you can ask the upperclassmen to sell you their old books.

Hi guys! My name is Heaven, and I am a P1 student at A&M kingsville. If any of you have any questions, please let me know! I'll be more than happy to answer your questions :) Best of luck with the whole application process :)

What made you choose kingsville? I'm stuck between wanting to go to college station (mainly because I'm from Dallas and its closer to home) and kingsville because I prefer being face to face with my teachers. I'm not sure how well i'll do with video learning.

Thanks in advance for taking time to answer our questions :)

My interview is on February 12th. Any advice?

I'm going to tell you what everyone else has probably told you, just be yourself and give honest answers! Our faculty just wants to get to know you :) Out of the two interviews I had when I was applying to pharmacy school, this one was my favorite. They made me feel really comfortable and it wasn't too nerve-wracking. It was pretty casual. I mean you are going to feel nervous regardless, because it is an interview but it is not that bad. One thing I would suggest is practicing pharmacy scenarios if you have never had tech experience. From what I've heard, it seems like they're asking questions like that.

I hope that helped!
P.S. I think they're having a game or something to help you guys relax while you wait to be interviewed :)

What made you choose kingsville? I'm stuck between wanting to go to college station (mainly because I'm from Dallas and its closer to home) and kingsville because I prefer being face to face with my teachers. I'm not sure how well i'll do with video learning.

Thanks in advance for taking time to answer our questions :)

Sorry for the delayed reply!

I chose kingsville for the same reason as you, I wanted to be face to face with my teachers. I felt like I wouldn't do well though the video learning, especially if I couldn't talk to my teachers after class finished. But they do have blackboard collaborate for anyone who would like to set up an appointment with any of the professors if they need help with something. I didn't know that at the time when I was choosing between kingsville and CS, but it's more convenient having the teachers here than having to setup an appointment. Aside from that, I would also be closer to a family member that lives in San Antonio if I chose kingsville.
Right now they're still trying to get things situated with organizations and stuff. All of the organizations are based here and we use a live videoconference for those just like the class lectures. Even thought the organizations are in kingsville, students in CS can still run for leadership positions.
One thing that really sucks about kingsville is there is absolutely NOTHING to do here. If you want to do exciting things or eat better food, you'll probably have to drive to corpus, which is about 30-45 min away. One last downside is that we don't
really get to see our classmates in CS besides the videoconference during class. We can talk to them through blackboard collaborate or through the class Facebook page, but that's about it. This is the first year we have CS, though. So, I'm pretty sure the school will improve things when it comes to seeing our classmates in CS as the years go by.

If I missed anything that you are still curious about, please let me know :) I will get back to you as soon as I can. I love being able to help prospective P1 students, so it is no problem :)

I chose kingsville for the same reason as you, I wanted to be face to face with my teachers. I felt like I wouldn't do well though the video learning, especially if I couldn't talk to my teachers after class finished. But they do have blackboard collaborate for anyone who would like to set up an appointment with any of the professors if they need help with something. I didn't know that at the time when I was choosing between kingsville and CS, but it's more convenient having the teachers here than having to setup an appointment. Aside from that, I would also be closer to a family member that lives in San Antonio if I chose kingsville.
Right now they're still trying to get things situated with organizations and stuff. All of the organizations are based here and we use a live videoconference for those just like the class lectures. Even thought the organizations are in kingsville, students in CS can still run for leadership positions.
One thing that really sucks about kingsville is there is absolutely NOTHING to do here. If you want to do exciting things or eat better food, you'll probably have to drive to corpus, which is about 30-45 min away. One last downside is that we don't
really get to see our classmates in CS besides the videoconference during class. We can talk to them through blackboard collaborate or through the class Facebook page, but that's about it. This is the first year we have CS, though. So, I'm pretty sure the school will improve things when it comes to seeing our classmates in CS as the years go by.

If I missed anything that you are still curious about, please let me know :) I will get back to you as soon as I can. I love being able to help prospective P1 students, so it is no problem :)

Yeah I'm trying to weigh out the pros and cons! I have a friend who goes to A&M corpus christi and even she told me that there's nothing to do and even going to corpus there's still not much to do but I definitely know I learn better face to face with my professor! Thanks again for the help!

I was unimpressed that A&M won't give p1 students a white coat ceremony until p2 year. What is your take on this? And are there apartments that is close to campus, because I don't drive, and I need to be close to campus.

I was unimpressed that A&M won't give p1 students a white coat ceremony until p2 year. What is your take on this? And are there apartments that is close to campus, because I don't drive, and I need to be close to campus.

IMO, the first part isn't really a problem... For the Kingsville campus, the entire city is like a 15 minute drive. The apartments that most PharmD students live in is literally a 5 minute walk from the pharmacy building.