Texas Southern University C/O 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all,

Congrats to everyone with interviews/ acceptance letters. I was wondering if anyone knew if the last of the interview invitations have been sent out already? I applied in Dec. and still haven't heard anything, but I don't have high hopes. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

Congrats to everyone with interviews/ acceptance letters. I was wondering if anyone knew if the last of the interview invitations have been sent out already? I applied in Dec. and still haven't heard anything, but I don't have high hopes. Any info is appreciated, thanks!

Hello, Khloey I do not know, when the last interview invitations will be sent out. You can always contact Ms. Davis her extension is 4345. Also, I believe no one has received their acceptance letters thus far; however, I believe they will be sending them this week.

Hey all,

I submitted my app back in Nov but my professor was late to write a LOR until Jan. I also had multiple transcripts, hence they said they could not process through all of my prereq up until till now (!) TSU is known to do rolling admission, so I dont know if it could be a factor why they couldn't get to your file early. Did you have your online app marked "Completed" early enough?

Anyhow, I got my interview invitation via email today. I was expecting letters like previous years.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my app back in Nov but my professor was late to write a LOR until Jan. I also had multiple transcripts, hence they said they could not process through all of my prereq up until till now (!) TSU is known to do rolling admission, so I dont know if it could be a factor why they couldn't get to your file early. Did you have your online app marked "Completed" early enough?

Anyhow, I got my interview invitation via email today. I was expecting letters like previous years.

Good luck!

Hi, the acceptance, wait-listed, and rejected are in letter form, I believe the invitation was always sent out via email. Good luck, with your interview! Do you know if this is the last round of interviews? If, you can please find out this information once you have your interview it would be a great help to me. I am patiently waiting on my acceptance letter. :)

PharmJunkie - You said they might be sending out acceptance later this week? Who did you hear that from? I was reading old message boards from last year (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=701378&page=3) and the interviewees did not receive anything regarding acceptance until late April or early may, after all of the interviews were finished.

Khloey - I would definitely try to check with TSU and see if anything was overlooked. I had everything complete around late January and received an interview email three weeks later for the March 2nd interview.

Good luck to you both! :)

PharmJunkie - You said they might be sending out acceptance later this week? Who did you hear that from? I was reading old message boards from last year (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=701378&page=3) and the interviewees did not receive anything regarding acceptance until late April or early may, after all of the interviews were finished.

Khloey - I would definitely try to check with TSU and see if anything was overlooked. I had everything complete around late January and received an interview email three weeks later for the March 2nd interview.

Good luck to you both! :)

Good luck to you too, hopeful one! Yes, that was a speculation made by ADCOM, she informed my friend of that; however, I do not know for sure.
How did your interview go? I am hoping they will send out letters earlier than that. But who knows :scared:

hey guys did anyone receive the acceptance letter?

Good luck to you too, hopeful one! Yes, that was a speculation made by ADCOM, she informed my friend of that; however, I do not know for sure.
How did your interview go? I am hoping they will send out letters earlier than that. But who knows :scared:

I think it went okay. I was a little nervous. But now I just hate waiting! Lol. My friend told me she got offered an interview for this Wednesday, so I hope it's the last one!:xf:

mine was the day after urs...n still havent heard anything :mad:...

Let me know if you received anything...we all have to hang in there. We should be receiving something soon. What kind of questions did they ask you guys?

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me know if you received anything...we all have to hang in there. We should be receiving something soon. What kind of questions did they ask you guys?

yepp will definently do...u let me knw also... cant wait...idk how many days, weeks, n months they r gonna take..:confused:

my friend got interview for this thursday! so there r still more interviews!

Do you know when they will ending interviews?
I don't know :( on our interview they told us that our group should receive mail "Before Spring break" but no one has received anything. they said Everyone will receive mail even those who go on waiting list will receive a mail notifying them that they r placed on waiting list! Looks like they decided to change their process or something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope it ends soon :(

Last edited:
did someone call and ask when they will be mailing out the letters...seems like they r taking wayyy to long compared to other schools

did someone call and ask when they will be mailing out the letters...seems like they r taking wayyy to long compared to other schools

I have spoke to them and I also heard someone said before spring break. However, that is giving one false hopes because spring break is long gone. Btw I heard that they were supposed to send it off two weeks ago as well and last friday someone told me two weeks again.

They started mailing them out. Did you receive anything?

Some of my friends received one. Let me know if you see or hear anything.

yea i will definitely let u knw...btw whn did u r friends received those letter? was it this week or the last week and approximately wht day of the week?

yea i will definitely let u knw...btw whn did u r friends received those letter? was it this week or the last week and approximately wht day of the week?

They received it April 5, 2011, which was yesterday and was dated April 1, 2011. I was informed as well that letters were sent out this Monday as well.

They received it April 5, 2011, which was yesterday and was dated April 1, 2011. I was informed as well that letters were sent out this Monday as well.

just checked my mail...no mail from tsu..:(

so, did anyone else get any kind of letters? acceptance, wait-listed, rejection etc?

so, did anyone else get any kind of letters? acceptance, wait-listed, rejection etc?

unfortuantly no..:( they r taking WAY TOOOOOO LONGGG...idk whts causing this delay

unfortuantly no..:( they r taking WAY TOOOOOO LONGGG...idk whts causing this delay

I am ACCEPTED. Thank god. Your letter is coming soon don't worry. I have been worrying for a long time (since Feb.) :scared: but it paid off :D!

I am ACCEPTED. Thank god. Your letter is coming soon don't worry. I have been worrying for a long time (since Feb.) :scared: but it paid off :D!

when did u receive the later? and it was dated to wht date? i m so concerned now...:(

when did u receive the later? and it was dated to wht date? i m so concerned now...:(

Last week...they will send out letters through April. You can always call Ms. Davis and check on your status...she is pretty friendly.

Last week...they will send out letters through April. You can always call Ms. Davis and check on your status...she is pretty friendly.

wow congrats... but didn't ms. davis say not to call to check on u r status...she said they will not discuss anything on the phone...so idk if its a good idea to call or not.. oh btw last week as in wht date? :(

wow congrats... but didn't ms. davis say not to call to check on u r status...she said they will not discuss anything on the phone...so idk if its a good idea to call or not.. oh btw last week as in wht date? :(

Well I guess so, I hear they are ending interviews this month and also they will sending out letters through May.

@Survivor 11. If you don't mind, when was your interview date and time? I still haven't gotten mine!

I think I had the first batch of interviews. I had the interview in Feb and it's been about a month now and I have not received any notifications yet. Does anyone know when the letters of acceptance for this cycle will be sent out??? Has anyone heard from TSU yet?
I'm so nervous and anxious and I'm starting to have doubts... :(
I also tried calling TSU and ask them myself about the acceptance letters, but no one ever picks up the pharmacy dept phone!!!

I think I had the first batch of interviews. I had the interview in Feb and it's been about a month now and I have not received any notifications yet. Does anyone know when the letters of acceptance for this cycle will be sent out??? Has anyone heard from TSU yet?
I also tried calling TSU and ask them myself about the acceptance letters, but no one ever picks up the pharmacy dept phone!!!

mine was in feb too...i havent heard anything either... n i m starting to have doubts too... :(

I called the pharmacy department today, they picked up and said, some of the letters has been sent out. I guess the rest of us have to wait.

Can someone please answer this. Regardless of whether you are accepted or not, do you still receive something from TSU? I am really hoping I get in. I've been so good lately. I have been praying and everything. I really want to get it and I really hope I do. Dont worry, I've been praying for everyone on this post to get in. We would have sooo much fun together!!!!

Can someone please answer this. Regardless of whether you are accepted or not, do you still receive something from TSU? I am really hoping I get in. I've been so good lately. I have been praying and everything. I really want to get it and I really hope I do. Dont worry, I've been praying for everyone on this post to get in. We would have sooo much fun together!!!!

I have not received anything from TSU, no rejection letter, no wait-list letter, no acceptance letter. NOTHING....My interview was on February so I've been waiting for a very longgggg time. I hope by the time I receive something, it won't be a rejection or a wait-list letter. I feel like I'm on the wait list or rejected list that's why it is taking too long to response to me. Some people already received their acceptance letters.

Hey, everyone. I got my interview February 23, the first day. I received my acceptance letter as well. Ms. Davis said if you receive a letter you are accepted, but if you receive an email it means you were rejected, so it is kind of good and bad you have not gotten any of those yet. Keep holding on, they will be sending out letters through this month. Hi, survivor are you a student at TSU?

For everyone that interviewed on March 2nd, check your mail! I got my acceptance letter today! :banana:

this is the last week for interviews just recieved my email for an interview april 26th. So there is still hope for those who have not been informed yet

Anymore acceptances??? Just had my interview on 04.26.11.

3.4 gpa overall
3.2 science g.p.a
3.2 math g.p.a
pcat: 60 composite
:)
many people will get letters throughout the month of may and early june. they send out 3 batch letters from what I have heard over the past years. I know the first batch has been sent out weeks ago

I have decisions to make....sigh. I don't know what's more grueling waiting to hear back or weighing out the pros and cons of different schools. I didn't think my interview went well at all...*shrug* go figure.