Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone applying for early decisions?

Members don't see this ad.

I just submitted my pharmcas. I will be working on the supplemental app today. I messed up on my PCAT scores though. I sent them to tech not pharmcas. Hopefully they will be sent before September 3rd :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to wait for PharmCAS to get my scores before I submit my application. I think I'm going to finish up my application and supplemental over the weekend.

I just submitted my pharmcas. I will be working on the supplemental app today. I messed up on my PCAT scores though. I sent them to tech not pharmcas. Hopefully they will be sent before September 3rd :/

I'm so glad you posted that. I had made the same mistake and have forget to resend it.

Nice, same here. Just woking on my personal essay and hoping to complete it this weekend.

Nice, same here. Just woking on my personal essay and hoping to complete it this weekend.

That's the only thing I have left to do as well. It's actually giving me a bit of trouble. I might be over stressing its value but I can't seem to settle on something after I write

With the personal essay I believe it's best to just be as sincere as possible. Let the words come naturally. Don't think about it too much.

So how did everyone's weekends go? I didn't end up finishing my applications. I was reading. I'm trying to finish A Clash of Kings so I can start brushing up on OChem without distractions. I read A Game of Thrones in a week, but this one has taken me a lot longer.

Make sure you watch Game of Thrones after. Amazing show. I am still having trouble with transcripts from my school being sent to pharmcas, just one school left. For early decision, it won't matter even if pharmcas receives them late as long as its sent by the deadline correct?

Make sure you watch Game of Thrones after. Amazing show. I am still having trouble with transcripts from my school being sent to pharmcas, just one school left. For early decision, it won't matter even if pharmcas receives them late as long as its sent by the deadline correct?

The application and required items (transcript,pcat scores, and recommendation letters) must be received by the deadline.

I have a question about the supplemental essays on Merlin. Everytime I try to copy and paste my essay from Microsoft Word into the box and click save and continue, it never saves my essay.

Is there a word limit on the life experiences portion? I don't see anything on the site talking about one. I just see that for the pharmacy experience one there's a max of 2 pages double spaced but nothing for life experiences.

Anyone know? I'm a bit worried...:(

Members don't see this ad :)
You know, I don't remember what the limit was, but I think I kept all of my essays to 2 pages double spaced.

I have a question about the supplemental essays on Merlin. Everytime I try to copy and paste my essay from Microsoft Word into the box and click save and continue, it never saves my essay.

Is there a word limit on the life experiences portion? I don't see anything on the site talking about one. I just see that for the pharmacy experience one there's a max of 2 pages double spaced but nothing for life experiences.

Anyone know? I'm a bit worried...:(

Don't worry your essay will save. I had the same problem but I checked the following day and the essays were there.

Oh okay, thanks! Thought I was the only one haha.

I'll be submitting my PharmCAS application today! I already finished the supplemental one, so I now all I have to do is wait unfortunately. Good luck to everyone out there still working on their applications.

Good luck! Will have mine sent in the next few days. Just tweaking some last minute details.

Ii have completed everything on my pharmcas app..except that I am still waiting on one LOR from my pharmacist. It should be done in the next few days. So should i wait for that LOR or can i turn in my pharmcas app right now?

Maira, I actually think you can submit before they are in. Anyone taking the September PCAT? I'm using Dr. Collins and the 3 pearson practice tests. Anyone have luck with collins when they took theirs?

Ii have completed everything on my pharmcas app..except that I am still waiting on one LOR from my pharmacist. It should be done in the next few days. So should i wait for that LOR or can i turn in my pharmcas app right now?

You should go ahead and submit. The LOR will be forwarded to each school as it is received.

Maira, I actually think you can submit before they are in. Anyone taking the September PCAT? I'm using Dr. Collins and the 3 pearson practice tests. Anyone have luck with collins when they took theirs?

You should be good with Dr. Collins guide and the pearson practice test. I would start off with one of those practice ones to determine the areas you'll need the most attention with.

In terms of the chemistry section on the PCAT, because there is no calculator allowed is it safe to say to focus more on concept based questions?

In terms of the chemistry section on the PCAT, because there is no calculator allowed is it safe to say to focus more on concept based questions?

There is definitely a fair share of math based questions you will have to work out.

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum but am applying right now and thought I'd put in my two cents about some of the things y'all are discussing. I guess I'll start by answering the questions about myself. My Pre-Pharm GPA is 4.0 with an overall GPA of 3.98. I took the PCAT in July and scored a 96 composite. My work experience includes a couple years of working as a tech at various CVS locations in Dallas and San Antonio. I used an old version of the Dr.Collin's PCAT prep material to study for my PCAT and did well, so I don't think it matters if you used a current version or not. I submitted my early decision PharmCAS app the same week that I took the PCAT in mid July and then submitted the supplemental app a couples weeks after that. The counselor at Tech that has been in contact with me said that my application was currently being reviewed by the admissions commitee. She said that interview dates for early decision are Sept 20 and 27, both fridays, so I'm just waiting to hear back about which date I'm assigned to.

Welcome! With stats like that, I'm not surprised you're getting an interview. If you have questions, you can ask me.

I also aiming for the early decision this year. I'm going to take the PCAT right on Sept. 3rd. I don't know how it works but do I just mail a copy for my unofficial score to Tech? Even though it probably gonna take 3-4 days until they receive it.

I also aiming for the early decision this year. I'm going to take the PCAT right on Sept. 3rd. I don't know how it works but do I just mail a copy for my unofficial score to Tech? Even though it probably gonna take 3-4 days until they receive it.
I believe that they require the score be sent to them within 48 hours if you are taking the September PCAT and you are applying early admission. Back in July, the advisor I'm working with said to scan the unofficial report and email it to her ASAP. Good luck on the PCAT!!

You'll do just fine using Dr. Collins and the 3 Pearson practice tests. That's what I used exclusively and I'm very happy with the results. If I could only offer one piece of advice, it would be this: build up your test taking stamina. I was completely wiped out mentally after the first 4 sections.

Last edited:
I believe that they require the score be sent to them within 48 hours if you are taking the September PCAT and you are applying early admission. Back in July, the advisor I'm working with said to scan the unofficial report and email it to her ASAP. Good luck on the PCAT!!

Oh, I see. Thank you for the advice. I'm using Dr. Collins along with Kaplan book. I'll update my score later on.

Just turned in my pharmcas and supplemental app for tech! I feel so impatient already about interview invites lol

I am finishing up my personal statement and will have pharmcas sent out by today and also merlin. I have been impatient throughout this entire process lol

Anyone have any publications they put up on pharmcas? My title is too long and it won't let me add it in.. not sure what to do about that

Current P1 here. I did the early decision last year and it worked out great. The faculty at the school is extremely helpful so if you do have any questions with the application, do not hesitate to ask.
I know the early decision deadline this year is September 3rd so it is right around the corner.
Anyone have questions about the process?

Good luck with your applications!

Found out today that someone in one of my classes is starting a pre-pharmacy club. I have volunteered to help other students with PharmCAS, and Tech specifically. :)

Pharmcas is absolutely amazing! I turned in my application on friday and it got verified on monday.. good luck to everyone applying right now..no need to stress out..we will all do great! :)

Yes, pharmcas did awesome at verifying my application very fast! So for those of you had problems with the pharmacy experience section on merlin, can I just post my essay and hope that it will turn up or what?

Yes, pharmcas did awesome at verifying my application very fast! So for those of you had problems with the pharmacy experience section on merlin, can I just post my essay and hope that it will turn up or what?
I had the same problem of my essay not showing up after I clicked the save button. I called the admissions office and they assured me that it saved. They could see it on their end, but it was just a blank box on my end. I'd give them a call just to be safe. They are all super friendly and don't mind providing any assistance you may need.

Last edited:
How's everyone doing with their application process/PCAT studying?

I received an invitation for an interview! I decided on the 27th, see you guys in Amarillo!

I received an invitation for an interview! I decided on the 27th, see you guys in Amarillo!

Omg congratulations! I bet you are extremely excited. Im hoping to hear back about an interview soon..the wait is killing me :(

Omg congratulations! I bet you are extremely excited. Im hoping to hear back about an interview soon..the wait is killing me :(

Thanks! I was pretty dang excited. I gave my roommate a nice scare from my scream of excitement. Time to celebrate now! Stay strong you'll hear back before you know it

Thanks! I was pretty dang excited. I gave my roommate a nice scare from my scream of excitement. Time to celebrate now! Stay strong you'll hear back before you know it

OMG!!! I Just got an invite too!! :) see you in amarillo on the 27th! :D

I received my invite as well! I also decided on the 27th! Good luck to everyone!

Wow congrats guys!! I'm sure yall will do awesome!! Sadly I decided to take my PCAT on September 17th which I think put me in a bad spot =/

Is anyone else going to Amarillo on the 20th? :)

Congratulations to everyone that has already gotten an interview invitation. When you visit the campus my advice is to plan to look at a few apartment complexes while you are in town. Might be helpful down the road.

Good Luck!

Hi guys!! I had a question about the supplemental app. The life experiences statement..is that supposed to be like an essay? I am not sure what type of format they're expecting..any tips? That is the only thing that I have left to complete before I submit my app.

Hi guys!! I had a question about the supplemental app. The life experiences statement..is that supposed to be like an essay? I am not sure what type of format they're expecting..any tips? That is the only thing that I have left to complete before I submit my app.

I don't think it needs to be a specific length. Just make sure it is effective and meaningful.