Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone,

I will be interviewing at Tech on February 14, and was just wondering if anyone else will be there on this date.

Members don't see this ad.

Im female and contemplating whether or not to wear a skirt suit, or dress pants. I know it will be cold during my interview. I had a previous pharmacy school interview during the cold weather season and was one of the only females in a skirt for the interview. I know it sounds silly, but im curious to know what other female applicants wore and saw ppl wearing during the interview. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Im female and contemplating whether or not to wear a skirt suit, or dress pants. I know it will be cold during my interview. I had a previous pharmacy school interview during the cold weather season and was one of the only females in a skirt for the interview. I know it sounds silly, but im curious to know what other female applicants wore and saw ppl wearing during the interview. Thanks
I have a knee-length shift dress that I've worn to all of my interviews with a blazer and pantyhose. I've seen a mix of skirts and pants on the other women.

Reactions: 1 user
Skirts and dresses are appropriate as long as you wear pantyhose. It's a formal interview so hose are expected, and you might be perceived as unprofessional if you don't wear them. When I interviewed I saw women wearing all sorts of attire; dresses, skirts, pants, etc. Wear something professional but comfortable, especially since Tech's interview day is so long. Good luck!

hey guys!! just received an email and the AMARILLO Feb 7th. interviews are now cancelled, just shooting the heads up if ya'll havent read the email

hey everyone i received a interview invite few days ago but when i log into merlin, it doesnt show up any dates in the Scheduling tab. Do you guys know whats going on?? PLEASE HELP, i am really worried but i really want to attend the interview.

Hey guys is anyone else anxiously waiting to here back about acceptance or is it just me?lol

Also what school is everyone looking at?I personally wanna be in Amarillo, thought the school was beautiful and the faculty seemed genuine!

hey everyone i received a interview invite few days ago but when i log into merlin, it doesnt show up any dates in the Scheduling tab. Do you guys know whats going on?? PLEASE HELP, i am really worried but i really want to attend the interview.

Hey the best the thing to do is contact your advisor. When I received my interview, it was automatically up there. So talk to them asap so you can get the interview date you want. best of luck!

I will be interviewing on March 7th at the Abilene campus. I am in a bind with my current school schedule and will not be able to attend any of the Amarillo interview dates. Has anyone else interviewed at the Abilene campus and would you mind sharing what your experience was like there?

I will be interviewing on March 7th at the Abilene campus. I am in a bind with my current school schedule and will not be able to attend any of the Amarillo interview dates. Has anyone else interviewed at the Abilene campus and would you mind sharing what your experience was like there?

I interviewed at Abilene and I believe it's exactly similar to the one in Amarillo. Just get some rest, relax and have a good day because it's going to be a long one. One on on interview, group interview, some skills thinking exam and general overview of the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ha I kinda feel like I'm talking to myself in this thread, anybody out there??:whistle:

I'm patiently waiting as well. Be patience as I can but I'm still freaking out hoc

can anyone tell me what the group exercise is like? at one of the schools i interviewed at we were assigned to a group and given a task to talk about. It was kinda weird because we had a current student and a faculty member at the table with us giving us grades on certain things like leadership ability. So I'm wondering if the group activity at tech is like this

can anyone tell me what the group exercise is like? at one of the schools i interviewed at we were assigned to a group and given a task to talk about. It was kinda weird because we had a current student and a faculty member at the table with us giving us grades on certain things like leadership ability. So I'm wondering if the group activity at tech is like this
The Tech group interview went much like other group interviews I've had, but no faculty or students are observing you while you come up with a solution. Your group is given a problem, and you have 30 minutes to come up with a solution, your rationale, alternate solutions you rejected, etc. After 30 minutes, two faculty members will walk in, and you will present your solution. They will ask some follow-up questions, and at the end, they will ask questions about how you worked as a group.

Also, for the regular interview, be prepared for lots of "Tell me about a specific time where ___". I'd say most if not all the questions were in that format.

If anyone finds out anything,would you mind posting it?The suspense is killing me:boom::shrug::dead:

I just received an acceptance! It wasn't a phone call but an email with a video saying "hi im blahblah. we're glad to offer you admissions into our doctor of pharmacy program."

If you're really special, you'll get a video specifically addressed to you like my friend

PS. I received the email with video saying I'm admitted at 11PM central time Wednesday 19th. I also checked Merlin, and it still says only "interview offered" and "no admissions status"

PSS. I see people are curious to know your stats for people admitted on other threads. I'm graduating in Spring with BS in biology. 3.75 gpa. 94 on pcat. 3 years tech experience, involved in asian and pharmacy student association. No research, no community service, no leadership roles.

Last edited:
I just received an acceptance! It wasn't a phone call but an email with a video saying "hi im blahblah. we're glad to offer you admissions into our doctor of pharmacy program."

If you're really special, you'll get a video specifically addressed to you like my friend

PS. I received the email with video saying I'm admitted at 11PM central time Wednesday 19th. I also checked Merlin, and it still says only "interview offered" and "no admissions status"

PSS. I see people are curious to know your stats for people admitted on other threads. I'm graduating in Spring with BS in biology. 3.75 gpa. 94 on pcat. 3 years tech experience, involved in asian and pharmacy student association. No research, no community service, no leadership roles.

Congrats!! Go ahead and join our fb group "Texas tech university school of pharmacy class of 2018" :)

Can we drive to the interview with our own cars? If so where do we park? Also, Anyone else here interviewing Feb. 28th?

Can we drive to the interview with our own cars? If so where do we park? Also, Anyone else here interviewing Feb. 28th?

Where are you inteviewing? I interviewed in Abilene and just parked in the parking lot right in front of the building. I'm sure you can do the same at Amarillo with no problems.

Accepted! Thank you guys for all the informative posts & Hope to see some of you at Tech.

My God, a very special way to inform the acceptance. I GOT IN.

Congratulations to everyone that has gotten their acceptance letters. If you do plan on attending TTUSOP, you should consider joining the facebook groups. Remember that there are 2 groups, one with almost solely class of 2018 students and another group with a mix of class of mainly 2017 and 2018 in order to answer questions you might have. The links are posted in previous posts but here they are again

Class of 2018: https://www.facebook.com/groups/432018683575399/
Welcome Class of 2018 (also contains 2017): https://www.facebook.com/groups/651305738234596/

Looking forward to meeting you all in August!

I am taking the PCAT on the 18th. I'm using Dr. Collins study guide and the Kaplan book.
hey, I am taking the PCAT in September, I have the Kaplan book, where I can find the Dr. Collins study guide??? thanks so much

Does anyone know the orientation date of Tech? I read on pharmcas it ranges from Aug 4 to Aug 15. Is it right? How it work? Does it mean that we can come to orient any date in this range? Thank you.

My interview will be in amarillo
Where are you inteviewing? I interviewed in Abilene and just parked in the parking lot right in front of the building. I'm sure you can do the same at Amarillo with no problems.

Got my acceptance last night as well!!Can't wait to be a part of this amazing class!

Just receive email at 10pm regarding some extra info of admission (pay deposit, immunization...). Just wonder why emails from Tech often arrive at night time:)

Does anyone know the orientation date of Tech? I read on pharmcas it ranges from Aug 4 to Aug 15. Is it right? How it work? Does it mean that we can come to orient any date in this range? Thank you.
Tech does a boot camp. From looking at the last few years, it's usually 3-4 days at the end of July or the beginning of August. Everyone is supposed to be there for all 3-4 days.

It does not look like they have decided on a date yet. The tentative academic calendar has been released though which might help with your planning. As romylove mentioned it is something that you will need to attend all days. I would imagine that your orientation will actually be after the white coat ceremony( if in Amarillo), so beginning on the 4th for that week and the following week will be base camp. Pretty much this means you will need to be at your designated campus first thing in August at the latest if the dates work out this way. Basecamp is a week long course that you will actually get a credit hour for so even though it is technically a two week orientation, they don't make it a total waste and they provide lunch most days as well as offering a number of trainings you will need to participate in some events throughout the year. They will explain it all at orientation so I won't confuse you about it now.

https://www.ttuhsc.edu/sop/academicinfo/docs/2014-2015_Academic_Calendar_Executive_Summary.pdf

Thanks Romylove and Jglock. Does it mean that we must attend everyday in two weeks before the first class on the 18 of Aug?

Thanks Romylove and Jglock. Does it mean that we must attend everyday in two weeks before the first class on the 18 of Aug?

Yes. You will get more information later on this spring. This was our basecamp schedule last year. I guess it was orientation that they fed us lunch, or organizations paid for lunch and gave a short presentation. You get out pretty early though and there isn't much you have to do outside of these times so I think our class really enjoyed the time before school actually started because we were all able to get to know each other and have some fun around Amarillo/ Abilene.
upload_2014-2-22_20-5-16.png

Attachments

• upload_2014-2-22_20-1-38.png
    upload_2014-2-22_20-1-38.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: 1 users
I just got accepted to my top choice school so I will be cancelling my interview at Texas Tech. Best of luck to all of you :)

Did anybody else receive the acceptance email with the video link last week, but still has yet to receive the follow up email with more information that it mentioned?

I received 4 more emails in which an acceptance email(similar to other schools), the others instructing to create account, email..... They also said they official letter has been mailed out, but i ve not got it yet.

Did anybody else receive the acceptance email with the video link last week, but still has yet to receive the follow up email with more information that it mentioned?

You can always call up the school and inquire about further instructions. They love to help.

Does anyone from last week acceptance receive official letter through mail? It is really snail mail.

Does anyone from last week acceptance receive official letter through mail? It is really snail mail.
I have not received it. I haven't even received any of the follow up emails yet, the school said they've had technical difficulties this past week or so that they are working on. I don't know if that would affect the mail or not though.