Texas Tech Pharmacy Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
I applied early in september for regular admission, still have not heard anything from them. Anyone know when they will start mailing out interview invitations?

Last edited:
I applied early in september for regular admission, still have not heard anything from them. Anyone know when they will start mailing out interview invitations?

Last edited:
If you applied for early admission, you're better off asking admissions personally. I was in the early admissions pool and decisions for it were already made. Maybe they put you for regular decision instead? Don't hesitate to bring your concerns to the advisors, all are super nice and helpful.

If you applied for early admission, you're better off asking admissions personally. I was in the early admissions pool and decisions for it were already made. Maybe they put you for regular decision instead? Don't hesitate to bring your concerns to the advisors, all are super nice and helpful.
hey, actually I applied for regular admission starting of september and still have not heard anything from them. Sorry, I wrote early admission accidentally.

Interviews for Texas Tech's regular admission don't start until January so they may not get back to students until closer to December or even January. I applied in September and am still waiting to hear back from them as well.

Did the deadline get extended? I just logged into the supplementary application system and it looks like the due date has been pushed back to 11:59 pm on December 6. I thought it was December 1 at 11:59 pm...

I heard from one of the advisers at Tech that applicants should be getting news sometime this week, but he was very vague about what sort of news we'd be getting and exactly when.

Did the deadline get extended? I just logged into the supplementary application system and it looks like the due date has been pushed back to 11:59 pm on December 6. I thought it was December 1 at 11:59 pm...

I heard from one of the advisers at Tech that applicants should be getting news sometime this week, but he was very vague about what sort of news we'd be getting and exactly when.
Ok, I thought it was just me! I saw that extension date too.

Members don't see this ad :)
they extended the date to 12/9 now. I wonder y they keep doing that.

Hey guys! I know its a stressful time for you guys. We went through this just a few months ago. However, tech is really good at processing applications in a timely manner and letting you know as soon as they can. Also, it was extremely easy to get in touch with a tech advisor. Just give them a call and all of them are super friendly and willing to answer how many ever questions you got! Gluck guys! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys! I know its a stressful time for you guys. We went through this just a few months ago. However, tech is really good at processing applications in a timely manner and letting you know as soon as they can. Also, it was extremely easy to get in touch with a tech advisor. Just give them a call and all of them are super friendly and willing to answer how many ever questions you got! Gluck guys! :)
Did they do anything weird with the supplemental app deadline when you applied? They appear to have move it back to December 13 now (original date: December 2)? I can't figure out what the problem could be or if the deadline even matters? I applied in September so really now I'm just waiting on a response about an interview, hopefully.

Did they do anything weird with the supplemental app deadline when you applied? They appear to have move it back to December 13 now (original date: December 2)? I can't figure out what the problem could be or if the deadline even matters? I applied in September so really now I'm just waiting on a response about an interview, hopefully.

I applied in early september..before the early decision deadline and there was never any change in date during that time. I think they just changed the deadline now to give the regular applicants more time to complete their apps. Since you applied back in September, i suggest you call them and find out your status. Tech might be waiting to receive more applications before they send out invites. Not sure though, so definitely give them a call!

hello,
I have been slowly creeping on yall thread everyday. I am actually not applying this cycle but the next one. I recently took my pcats in july and make a composite score of 78, not taking ochem 2 or calc. I am very much interested in applying for texas tech early decision program but i have some concerns. Using techs gpa replacement technique i should have a prereq gpa of 3.56 if i play my cards right. But the thing that worries me is that in my college career i have been to 2 universities and 2 community colleges. When i started i did horrible and made less than honorable decisions which i plan to explain in my personal statement as well as how i have overcome my irresponsible academic career in the beginning. I basically am curious if anyone else if in my boat of taking classes over again and if they got accepted through the early decision program, and how much of a chance do i have if i do early decision? also, i plan to take my pcats next September after taking ochem 2 and calc. Also I am currently looking to get certified and find a job as a pharm tech. I have worked in a doctors clinic for a year just as a medical assistant, and volunteered at my local hospital for about a year. any advice can help, thanks :)

hello,
I have been slowly creeping on yall thread everyday. I am actually not applying this cycle but the next one. I recently took my pcats in july and make a composite score of 78, not taking ochem 2 or calc. I am very much interested in applying for texas tech early decision program but i have some concerns. Using techs gpa replacement technique i should have a prereq gpa of 3.56 if i play my cards right. But the thing that worries me is that in my college career i have been to 2 universities and 2 community colleges. When i started i did horrible and made less than honorable decisions which i plan to explain in my personal statement as well as how i have overcome my irresponsible academic career in the beginning. I basically am curious if anyone else if in my boat of taking classes over again and if they got accepted through the early decision program, and how much of a chance do i have if i do early decision? also, i plan to take my pcats next September after taking ochem 2 and calc. Also I am currently looking to get certified and find a job as a pharm tech. I have worked in a doctors clinic for a year just as a medical assistant, and volunteered at my local hospital for about a year. any advice can help, thanks :)

Hey! Your gpa and pcat seem fine. Just make sure you apply early. I don't think you have to worry too much about the bad decisions you made early on. Tech wont even look at those old grades and will only consider your new replaced grades. Its not necessary to get a pharm tech job but I would definitely recommend it. Your clinic and volunteering experience will be very helpful too as tech wants you to be involved in the medical field in one way or another. Good luck! :)

hello,

Your gpa and PCAT are good. Just finish off ochem 2 and calculus well. You really don't need to work but in order to gain experience in the field, nothing is better than actually working as a tech. If you can balance school and work then go for it. Explain any shortcomings in your personal statement and as long as you keep an upward trend in grades, you should be alright. We all make mistakes, it's apart of life. What truly defines if you are ready to handle the rigors of pharmacy school is how dedicated and motivated you are. I applied early decision and have no regrets. The school has been so helpful throughout my application process. By far the BEST in terms of getting back in contact with you for any concerns or clarifcations. Wish you all the best!

Are they doing interviews alphabetically by last name or something? I know a couple of people with similar stats to mine who already got interview invites, but their last names are in the first 10 letters of the alphabet and mine is toward the middle. Does anybody have insight on this?

Thanks for letting me know! Hm, I'm a little concerned that maybe they didn't get my signature page or something... I guess I'll email them.
U can look it up on pharmCAS website; under supplement materials. It would show you whether they received it and when

FINALLY got my invite. I signed up for February 28 in Abilene.

Gluck guys! The interview is really relaxed so don't stress yourselves out too much! :)

Gluck guys! The interview is really relaxed so don't stress yourselves out too much! :)
Can you explain why we have to be at the school for 7 hours? My last interview only took about 3-4 hours. 7 hours seems like a crazy length of time.

Can you explain why we have to be at the school for 7 hours? My last interview only took about 3-4 hours. 7 hours seems like a crazy length of time.

At tech they really want you to know all about the school. The actual interview is only about 20 mins. The rest of the day is dedicated to campus tour, lunch with faculty and P1s, speeches from current students and faculty members, a critical thinking test ( you are not supposed to do well in this! If you do, it means you have a mental disorder), white coat fittings, talk with the IT head about the laptop requirements and a group presentation ( this is fun and nothing you really need to freak out about! As long as you participate and show some initiative you should be fine).

yay! i just got an interview invite!! will anyone on here be attending the feb 7th interview in AMA?

I got mine too :DDD I will have my interview on Jan 24th. is Anyone else going to be there on that day??

Thanks for all the positivity, people! Good luck to everyone interviewing :) Will anybody be attending the Jan 31st interview at Abilene?

My interview will be in Amarillo Jan 31th, good luck everyone!

Does anyone know if this school has rolling admissions? My interview isn't until February 22, and I hope there are still plenty of spots left at that time.

Does anyone know if this school has rolling admissions? My interview isn't until February 22, and I hope there are still plenty of spots left at that time.

I believe tech has rolling admissions. There are some seats taken already by the early admissions students. I don't know how many seats are remaining. Just do your best and hopefully you'll be fine. Do you have interviews or offers from any other schools?

I'm really hoping they do interviews according to last name, I still haven't heard a thing! Last name begins with W ;-(

I believe tech has rolling admissions. There are some seats taken already by the early admissions students. I don't know how many seats are remaining. Just do your best and hopefully you'll be fine. Do you have interviews or offers from any other schools?

Thanks. I interviewed at Incarnate Word in December. I have TSU next week, then A&M Kingsville the day after, and Texas Tech next month. I was hoping that I wasn't at a disadvantage from other regular decision applicants in that possibly students who's interview were held in jan might be offered acceptance before my interview in late February. Or if Tech waits for all the regular decision interviews to be held before offering acceptances?

hey guys how long is the wait to hear a response after your interview?
I interviewed on Jan 11, 2013. I heard back Feb 12, 2013. The wait is agonizing, especially if you're like me and only apply to 1 school, but they are trying to make sure they choose the people who will fit in the best with the existing students and the students they've already chosen.

About 50 spots were filled with early decision applicants, and the rest is rolling admissions.
The interview process is a little different here, I don't suggest winging it.

I just got an interview for Texas Tech today. Coincidentally it was the same day my academic update finished in PharmCas. I'm guessing they are waiting for your update to send out invites. Good luck everyone! I'll be seeing some of you February 28th in Amarillo.

I have had to drop off transcript requests to my community college twice now. I sure hope they don't mess this up again....

I have had to drop off transcript requests to my community college twice now. I sure hope they don't mess this up again....
I'm pretty sure I requested transcripts from my community college 5 times using 3 different methods... Paranoid pre-pharmacy student here!