** The Offical Osteopathic Underdawgs 2018-2019 **

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I am glad people make threads like these.

3.3-3.4 cgpa (upward trend from years 1-4), 3.1 sgpa, 510 MCAT and 3.4-3.5 pbgpa with lots of clinical experience (2000hrs+) and some unusual extracurriculars

good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Applied with a 501 3.6 got like 9-10 DO interviews and was accepted at every program I interviewed at, if you need any advice or help feel free to PM me! good luck :)

Hi! I have similar stats as you. I tried PMing you to ask a few questions but your page is private I guess

Reactions: 1 user
I am a reapplicant with a sGPA of 3.3, cGPA of 3.3, and 507 MCAT. I got accepted into a DO school a few weeks ago, and I'm ecstatic! I'm proof that you can get accepted as an underdawg if you keep persevering and keeping your nose to the grind. Don't give up on your dreams!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I’m trying to join but the steps don’t appear how y’all said in the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a first time applicant with a 3.19 sGPA, 3.57 cGPA, 498 MCAT. I was recently accepted into one of my top 3 schools about three weeks ago so I couldn't be any happier. I've been invited to a total of 4 interviews so far. My ECs, research, shadowing, etc. were quite extensive so I'm sure that helped smooth the other side of things on my application.

To anyone out there waiting for those interviews and acceptances, keep pushing forward!!

This gives me so much hope! I have similar stats, and have only gotten 2 interviews. I just got asked about my MCAT, which is 499, and I've been freaking out that I didn't give them a convincing enough answer. I also have extensive research and clinical exp (2000 + hours in each). Hoping for the best, and thank you so much for posting this :)

So i took my MCAT 4 times. my last score was 124/120/125/126 and im debating to take the MCAt once and for all again in Jan. Some DO schools said its fine. Should I go for it or give up med?

So i took my MCAT 4 times. my last score was 124/120/125/126 and im debating to take the MCAt once and for all again in Jan. Some DO schools said its fine. Should I go for it or give up med?
Definitely don't give up on your dreams! But you definitely need to retake the MCAT and get above a 500. What's your sGPA and cGPA? The issue is if you retook the MCAT four times and received sub-500 scores, that seems to me that either you need to drastically revamp your study regimen or you don't understand key concepts of what is being tested. You need to only take the MCAT again when you truly feel you are ready to give it your best shot, and only apply when you're happy with your score. My biggest advice to you is to revamp your study regimen for the MCAT, since what you were doing before isn't working.

You got this!! Study hard as hell for the MCAT. Mcat reddit has great study plans and material check it out

Definitely don't give up on your dreams! But you definitely need to retake the MCAT and get above a 500. What's your sGPA and cGPA? The issue is if you retook the MCAT four times and received sub-500 scores, that seems to me that either you need to drastically revamp your study regimen or you don't understand key concepts of what is being tested. You need to only take the MCAT again when you truly feel you are ready to give it your best shot, and only apply when you're happy with your score. My biggest advice to you is to revamp your study regimen for the MCAT, since what you were doing before isn't working.
thank you for being positive.

Reactions: 1 users
thank you for being positive.
No problem! PM me if you need any advice! I truly want to see every underdawg here get into medical school and achieve their dreams! If I can get an acceptance, then the rest of you can too!

This gives me so much hope! I have similar stats, and have only gotten 2 interviews. I just got asked about my MCAT, which is 499, and I've been freaking out that I didn't give them a convincing enough answer. I also have extensive research and clinical exp (2000 + hours in each). Hoping for the best, and thank you so much for posting this :)

I'm so glad it helped someone! You got this, and I look forward to hearing about your success moving forward!

3.56 cGPA, 3.34 sGPA, 498 MCAT here. One acceptance currently, still waiting to hear results after a second interview.

I'd be happy to help out via PM

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If it encourages anyone, I've gotten six interviews so far with stats as follows: cGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.6 MCAT 498. Granted my true undergrad gpa was 3.73 but college classes I took in HS brought it down and I scored 128 and 125 on the bio and chem ones respectively, but I'm surprised I've even gotten this many so far after seeing the stats some get two interviews with

It is reserved for those w/ less than a 24 MCAT or less than 3.25 sGPA or cGPA. It can be either of those particulars, or both. Additionally, I would consider those that have 6 or below within a subsection of the MCAT to be within the underdawg range as well.

Below is to help those who are applying this year with the new MCAT scoring system (the following assumptions are considered hypothetical as scoring scales vary from test date to test date):

Based on a hypothetical chart showing old (before 2015) MCAT conversions between the estimated scale score (1-15) and the percentiles of each of those scores (0-100), the 50th percentile is a composite score of around 25. So one could consider the individual scores within Verbal Reasoning, Biological Sciences, and Physical Sciences of 7-8 to be around the 50th percentile as well. So thus we can consider underdawgs to have a composite score that is below the 50th percentile (or around a 24).

So with that in mind, we can consider the 2015 MCAT composite score of 500 to be the 50th percentile. So scores below 500 could be considered "underdawg" range (or individual scores below 125).....again, this is VERY hypothetical as percentiles vary slightly across test dates).

Perhaps the most difficult of having OK academic stats is getting through the primary and secondary screens to land and interview. In many cases, an interview is a subliminal message from the school that they believe you can succeed in the preclinical and clinical curriculum of medical school.

If you feel any additional information can be added to help those in this situation feel free to PM me or any of the other pre-DO mods.

Previous Underdog Threads:
2017-2018 Underdawgs Thread
2016-2017 Underdawgs Thread
2015-2016 Underdog results

DO NOT ERASE THESE INSTRUCTIONS!
1) Click "Reply" on the most recent underdog list.
2) Delete the quote brackets at both the top and the bottom of the post.
3a) Add your username alphabetically if it is not on the list.
3b) To update your information, just find your username and ONLY change your information!
4) If you see some formatting errors and you have time, try to fix them.
5) Click "Post Reply"

Member cGPA/sGPA / MCAT / AACOMAS Verified/ Interviews/ Acceptances/Special Consideration
*Special Consideration: Military Service, International Student, IA
Cardioenthusio15 cGPA: 3.1 / sGPA: 3.2 / Postbacc: 3.72/ SMP: 3.74/ MCAT: 510 / AACOMAS Verified 7/30/2018 /AMCAS verified: soon/ II: / A: / Extreme Non-trad haha
Cheese Machine: cGPA: 3.38 / sGPA: 3.33 / Postbacc: 3.42 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 6/6/2018 / II: ATSU-SOMA, UP-KYCOM, ACOM / A: / Special considerations: extensive volunteering with medically underserved, >2000 paid healthcare hours, pretty handsome
JDsfloatingheadDR: cGPA: 3.07 / sGPA 3.08 / MCAT #1 501, MCAT #2 512 / Verified 7/21/ II: / A: / Pretty strong and sustained upward trend, 4000+ hospital work experience, 4000+ clinical research experience
kuzy cGPA: 3.2 / sGPA: 3.3 / MCAT: 514 / Submitting AACOMAS by end of July / II: / A: / Upward trend, 3.7 last 90 hours (you could say it was a rough start :laugh:). All around swell guy.
kymedic33 cGPA: 2.79 / sGPA: 2.76 / MCAT: 509 / Verified 5-25-18 / II: LECOM-E, University of Kentucky (MD) / A: / Non-trad paramedic, strong upward trend from a rock bottom GPA. Beginning an SMP in August.
Rivka95: cGPA: 3.7/sGPA 3.65/MCAT 498. ACCEPTED TO KYCOM!!!
Phaneepack: cGPA: 3.40 / sGPA 3.56 / pbGPA: 3.74 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 7/17/2018 / II: / R: ATSU-SOMA / A: / Non-trad, URM, 2000+ paid clinical experience, 100+ volunteer, extensive experience working w/ underserved populations, bilingual.
RURF2015 cGPA: 3.03 / sGPA: 3.11 / SMP GPA 3.85 / MCAT: 512 / AACOMAS Verified 6/20/2018 / II: 6 / A:
YeezyQ cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: / A: / Strong upward trend

Member cGPA/sGPA / MCAT / AACOMAS Verified/ Interviews/ Acceptances/Special Consideration
Cardioenthusio15 cGPA: 3.1 / sGPA: 3.2 / Postbacc: 3.72/ SMP: 3.74/ MCAT: 510 / AACOMAS Verified 7/30/2018 /AMCAS verified: soon/ II: / A: / Extreme Non-trad haha
Cheese Machine: cGPA: 3.38 / sGPA: 3.33 / Postbacc: 3.42 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 6/6/2018 / II: ATSU-SOMA, UP-KYCOM, ACOM / A: / Special considerations: extensive volunteering with medically underserved, >2000 paid healthcare hours, pretty handsome
JDsfloatingheadDR: cGPA: 3.07 / sGPA 3.08 / MCAT #1 501, MCAT #2 512 / Verified 7/21/ II: / A: / Pretty strong and sustained upward trend, 4000+ hospital work experience, 4000+ clinical research experience
kuzy cGPA: 3.2 / sGPA: 3.3 / MCAT: 514 / Submitting AACOMAS by end of July / II: / A: / Upward trend, 3.7 last 90 hours (you could say it was a rough start :laugh:). All around swell guy.
kymedic33 cGPA: 2.79 / sGPA: 2.76 / MCAT: 509 / Verified 5-25-18 / II: LECOM-E, University of Kentucky (MD) / A: / Non-trad paramedic, strong upward trend from a rock bottom GPA. Beginning an SMP in August.
missy_DO_ cGPA: 3.52/ sGPA: 3.32 / MCAT: 501/ Verified 06/29/18 / II: ACOM, ATSU-KCOM(declined interview), BCOM(declined interview), MUCOM(declined interview), WCUCOM, KYCOM, TUNCOM(declined interview)/ A: ACOM, WCUCOM, KYCOM
Phaneepack: cGPA: 3.40 / sGPA 3.56 / pbGPA: 3.74 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 7/17/2018 / II: / R: ATSU-SOMA / A: / Non-trad, URM, 2000+ paid clinical experience, 100+ volunteer, extensive experience working w/ underserved populations, bilingual.
RURF2015 cGPA: 3.03 / sGPA: 3.11 / SMP GPA 3.85 / MCAT: 512 / AACOMAS Verified 6/20/2018 / II: 6 / A:
YeezyQ cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: / A: / Strong upward trend

missy_DO_ cGPA: 3.52/ sGPA: 3.32 / MCAT: 501/ Verified 06/29/18 / II: ACOM, ATSU-KCOM(declined interview), BCOM(declined interview), MUCOM(declined interview), WCUCOM, KYCOM, TUNCOM(declined interview)/ A: ACOM, WCUCOM, KYCOM

URM, exceptional ECs, or both?

RURF2015 cGPA: 3.03 / sGPA: 3.11 / SMP GPA 3.85 / MCAT: 512 / AACOMAS Verified 6/20/2018 / II: 8 / A: ACOM, KYCOM
YeezyQ
cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: / A: / Strong upward trend

URM, exceptional ECs, or both?
I’m Hispanic (Idk if that helped). And I had decent ECs but nothing out of the ordinary. I think my PS was good and that might have helped me.

cGPA 3.32
sGPA 3.37
Major Biomedical Informatics
MCAT 23 (8/7/8), 503 (127/123/127/126)
Experiences:
  • 10,000+ hours clinical experience in ophthalmology assisting (direct patient care, with surgical). 2 LORs from ophthalmology MDs
  • Lots of allied health certifications (10+)
  • shadowing Family doctor (MD). 1 LOR
  • school newspaper
  • a few IT jobs
  • Lifeguarding
Special Consideration:
AACOMAS:
  • white, 26, male
  • New York State resident
  • 2 science professor LORs, no committee at my school
  • English not first language (4 languages total)
  • First in family to attend college
  • upward trend after transferring schools junior year (2.97 to 3.7)
Stains :barf:
  • D in Linear Algebra
  • B- in Gen Chem 2, did not retake
  • C- first time in Orgo 1, retake was an A
  • 4 W's in a semester (living situation issues), but they did not factor into GPA
  • No specific "volunteering" experiences
  • No non-science professor LOR :bang:
  • No Biochemistry on transcript :bang:

AACOMAS Verified pending (submit 9/12/18)
Interviews --
Acceptances --

I'll update this as I get responses.

Last edited:
If it encourages anyone, I've gotten six interviews so far with stats as follows: cGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.6 MCAT 498. Granted my true undergrad gpa was 3.73 but college classes I took in HS brought it down and I scored 128 and 125 on the bio and chem ones respectively, but I'm surprised I've even gotten this many so far after seeing the stats some get two interviews with

How long did it take you to get interviews? We have similar stats and as the days go by I’m getting more discouraged haha

Phaneepack: cGPA: 3.39 / sGPA 3.60 / pbGPA: 3.74 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 7/17/2018 / II: Indiana U (MD) / On hold: NOVA / R: ATSU-SOMA / A: / Non-trad, URM, 2000+ paid clinical experience, 100+ volunteer, extensive experience working w/ underserved populations, bilingual.
RURF2015 cGPA: 3.03 / sGPA: 3.11 / SMP GPA 3.85 / MCAT: 512 / AACOMAS Verified 6/20/2018 / II: 8 / A: ACOM, KYCOM
YeezyQ
cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: / A: / Strong upward trend

Cheese Machine: cGPA: 3.38 / sGPA: 3.33 / Postbacc: 3.42 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 6/6/2018 / II: ATSU-SOMA (Declined), UP-KYCOM, ACOM, UIWSOM, BCOM (declined)/ A: KYCOM / Special considerations: extensive volunteering with medically underserved, >2000 paid healthcare hours, pretty handsome
Phaneepack: cGPA: 3.39 / sGPA 3.60 / pbGPA: 3.74 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 7/17/2018 / II: Indiana U (MD) / On hold: NOVA / R: ATSU-SOMA / A: / Non-trad, URM, 2000+ paid clinical experience, 100+ volunteer, extensive experience working w/ underserved populations, bilingual.
YeezyQ
cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: / A: / Strong upward trend[/QUOTE]

How about we make this officially official? haha Here's what @AlteredScale posted last year:

This thread is meant to help each other through secondaries, interviews, and beyond I want us to be able to post anything and have similar individuals comment and provide feedback.

It is reserved for those w/ less than a 24 MCAT or less than 3.25 sGPA or cGPA. It can be either of those particulars, or both. Additionally, I would consider those that have 6 or below within a subsection of the MCAT to be within the underdawg range as well.

Below is to help those who are applying this year with the new MCAT scoring system (the following assumptions are considered hypothetical as scoring scales vary from test date to test date):

Based on a hypothetical chart showing old (before 2015) MCAT conversions between the estimated scale score (1-15) and the percentiles of each of those scores (0-100), the 50th percentile is a composite score of around 25. So one could consider the individual scores within Verbal Reasoning, Biological Sciences, and Physical Sciences of 7-8 to be around the 50th percentile as well. So thus we can consider underdawgs to have a composite score that is below the 50th percentile (or around a 24).

So with that in mind, we can consider the 2015 MCAT composite score of 500 to be the 50th percentile. So scores below 500 could be considered "underdawg" range (or individual scores below 125).....again, this is VERY hypothetical as percentiles vary slightly across test dates).

Perhaps the most difficult of having OK academic stats is getting through the primary and secondary screens to land and interview. In many cases, an interview is a subliminal message from the school that they believe you can succeed in the preclinical and clinical curriculum of medical school.

If you feel any additional information can be added to help those in this situation feel free to PM me or any of the other pre-DO mods.

3b) To update your information, just find your username and ONLY change your information!
5) Click "Post Reply"

kymedic33 cGPA: 2.79 / sGPA: 2.76 / MCAT: 509 / Verified 5-25-18 / II: LECOM-E / A: / Non-trad paramedic, strong upward trend from a rock bottom GPA. Beginning an SMP in August.
RURF2015 cGPA: 3.03 / sGPA: 3.11 / SMP GPA 3.85 / MCAT: 512 / AACOMAS Verified 6/20/2018 / II: 1 / A:
Scrublife17: cgpa 3.74/ sgpa 3.73 MCAT: 501, 499 / AACOMAS Verified 6/29/18/ II: BCOM, KCUCOM, LMU-DCOM, WCUCOM (declined II), ICOM(declined II) /Waitlisted: BCOM / Accepted: LMU-DCOM!

This thread is meant to help each other through secondaries, interviews, and beyond I want us to be able to post anything and have similar individuals comment and provide feedback.

5) Click "Post Reply"

kymedic33 cGPA: 2.79 / sGPA: 2.76 / MCAT: 509 / Verified 5-25-18 / II: LECOM-E / A: / Non-trad paramedic, strong upward trend from a rock bottom GPA. Beginning an SMP in August.
RURF2015 cGPA: 3.03 / sGPA: 3.11 / SMP GPA 3.85 / MCAT: 512 / AACOMAS Verified 6/20/2018 / II: 1 / A:
Scrublife17: cgpa 3.74/ sgpa 3.73 MCAT: 501, 499 / AACOMAS Verified 6/29/18/ II: BCOM, KCUCOM, LMU-DCOM, WCUCOM (declined II), ICOM(declined II) /Waitlisted: BCOM / Accepted: LMU-DCOM!

Last edited:
Hey, underdawgs! :) This is not about me because my GPA is ever-so-slightly too high for the underdawg cutoff, however, my spouse also applied this cycle and definitely fits the underdawg criteria, so I thought I'd add that in here to give y'all some more inspiration/positivity!

My spouse's approximate stats:
uGPA: 3.1 (non-science degree)
gGPA: 3.6 (non-science degree)
post-bacc/pre-req GPA: 3.8 (which makes sGPA about 3.8 as well)
MCAT: 497 (lowest section was C/P with a 123)
ECs: minimal clinical/shadowing, minimal non-clinical volunteering, zero research, but really great non-trad "first career" story with tons of leadership experience!
Currently: Applied to 12 DO schools. Two DO interview invites so far. Attended one so far, and accepted to first choice DO school! :)

Hang in there, underdawgs! It can be done! You just need the right people looking at your app and seeing your strengths!

Reactions: 6 users
Hey, underdawgs! :) This is not about me because my GPA is ever-so-slightly too high for the underdawg cutoff, however, my spouse also applied this cycle and definitely fits the underdawg criteria, so I thought I'd add that in here to give y'all some more inspiration/positivity!

My spouse's approximate stats:
uGPA: 3.1 (non-science degree)
gGPA: 3.6 (non-science degree)
post-bacc/pre-req GPA: 3.8 (which makes sGPA about 3.8 as well)
MCAT: 497 (lowest section was C/P with a 123)
ECs: minimal clinical/shadowing, minimal non-clinical volunteering, zero research, but really great non-trad "first career" story with tons of leadership experience!
Currently: Applied to 12 DO schools. Two DO interview invites so far. Attended one so far, and accepted to first choice DO school! :)

Hang in there, underdawgs! It can be done! You just need the right people looking at your app and seeing your strengths!

which DO schools have they received an II from?

Cheese Machine: cGPA: 3.38 / sGPA: 3.33 / Postbacc: 3.42 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 6/6/2018 / II: ATSU-SOMA (Declined), UP-KYCOM, ACOM, UIWSOM, BCOM (declined)/ A: KYCOM / Special considerations: extensive volunteering with medically underserved, >2000 paid healthcare hours, pretty handsome
Pfizer7: cGPA: 3.2/ sGPA 3.01/ MCAT: 502. Interviewed ACOM (waitlisted)
YeezyQ
cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: / A: / Strong upward trend[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

5) Click "Post Reply"

Phaneepack: cGPA: 3.39 / sGPA 3.60 / pbGPA: 3.74 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 7/17/2018 / II: Indiana U (MD), Western Uni Pomona, Kansas City Uni/ On hold: NOVA / R: ATSU-SOMA / A: / Non-trad, URM, 2000+ paid clinical experience, 100+ volunteer, extensive experience working w/ underserved populations, bilingual.
YeezyQ
cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: / A: / Strong upward trend[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

5) Click "Post Reply"

Phaneepack: cGPA: 3.39 / sGPA 3.60 / pbGPA: 3.74 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 7/17/2018 / II: Indiana U (MD), Western Uni Pomona, Kansas City Uni/ On hold: NOVA / R: ATSU-SOMA / A: / Non-trad, URM, 2000+ paid clinical experience, 100+ volunteer, extensive experience working w/ underserved populations, bilingual.
YeezyQ
cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: ATSU-KCOM, MSUCOM, WVSOM, AZCOM (Waitlist) / A: / Strong upward trend.

5) Click "Post Reply"[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
3.37 cGPA 3.8 sGPA 501 mcat (121 CARS)
Submitted primary late October and secondaries early-mind November. Crossing my fingers :X

3.37 cGPA 3.8 sGPA 501 mcat (121 CARS)
Submitted primary late October and secondaries early-mind November. Crossing my fingers :X

Yo, same boat as me! Submitted primary mid October and finished my secondaries early November. So far, dead silence.

Last edited:
Yo, same boat as me! 3.3gpa 507 MCAT submitted primary mid October and finished my secondaries early November. So far, dead silence.

I think your app is stronger than mine since your mcat is 507. Is your sgpa good? What schools Did u apply to? Orm? I wish you luck !!

I think your app is stronger than mine since your mcat is 507. Is your sgpa good? What schools Did u apply to? Orm? I wish you luck !!

Ah my sgpa is a 3.3 but I did do a postbacc. I ended up applying all over the place as an ORM, 24 schools total. Basically anywhere that didn't have a strong IS bias.
Thanks! Best of luck to you too =D

Last edited:
Ah my sgpa is a 3.3 but I did do a postbacc. I ended up applying all over the place as an ORM, 24 schools total. Basically anywhere that didn't have a strong IS bias.
Thanks! Best of luck to you too =D

Let me know if u hear any news!

Definitely an underdawg. 3.85 cGPA and 3.77 sGPA, but took the MCAT twice with 498 on the retake. Fortunately was able to submit my primary in June, received secondaries in July and had them all submitted by the third week in July (applied to about 15 schools). I received 2 interview invites in August and was accepted in mid-September to one of my top schools and turned down a third interview invite recently. If you have any questions, send me a PM and I'll be more than happy to answer! Good luck to all the underdawgs out there, YOU CAN DO IT!!

Reactions: 2 users
Cheese Machine: cGPA: 3.38 / sGPA: 3.33 / Postbacc: 3.42 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 6/6/2018 / II: ATSU-SOMA (Declined), UP-KYCOM, ACOM, UIWSOM, BCOM (Declined), NYIT-AR (Declined), FSU / A: KYCOM, ACOM, UIWSOM / Special considerations: extensive volunteering with medically underserved, >2000 paid healthcare hours, pretty handsome
YeezyQ
cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: ATSU-KCOM, MSUCOM, AZCOM (Waitlist) / A: / Strong upward trend.

Cheese Machine: cGPA: 3.38 / sGPA: 3.33 / Postbacc: 3.42 / MCAT: 503 / Verified: 6/6/2018 / II: ATSU-SOMA (Declined), UP-KYCOM, ACOM, UIWSOM, BCOM (Declined), NYIT-AR (Declined), FSU / A: KYCOM, ACOM, UIWSOM / Special considerations: extensive volunteering with medically underserved, >2000 paid healthcare hours, pretty handsome
Ragtime: cGPA: 3.25 / sGPA 3.10 / MCAT 504 / AACOMAS Verified 6/20/18 / II: ACOM / A: ACOM / Strong upward trend, disadvantaged student, non-science major
YeezyQ
cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: ATSU-KCOM, MSUCOM, AZCOM (Waitlist) / A: / Strong upward trend.

Submitted secondaries later in October and November and hoping for an II. Heard from two schools so far.

GPA: 3.93
MCAT- 500

I got 4 II's so far which is a big suprise. I'm not sure if I should retake the MCAT or not. If I did I'd like to get a 505+ to get into a DO school with a good reputation.

Last edited:
Submitted secondaries later in October and November and hoping for an II. Heard from two schools so far

GPA: 3.93
MCAT- 500

Planning on retaking the MCAT to get a 505+ to get into a DO school with a good reputation.

Just saying... if you hit 510+ on your MCAT you could get some MD love.

Just saying... if you hit 510+ on your MCAT you could get some MD love.
My goal is a 510+ and I want to go as OOS to Texas even though the odds are against me.

Ragtime: cGPA: 3.25 / sGPA 3.10 / MCAT 504 / AACOMAS Verified 6/20/18 / II: ACOM / A: ACOM / Strong upward trend, disadvantaged student, non-science major
RCJH14: cGPA: 3.65 / sGPA 3.93 / MCAT 499 / AACOMAS Verified 6/8/18 / II: LECOM (SH), 1 MD II / A: LECOM SH / Non-traditional
YeezyQ

5) Click "Post Reply"

RCJH14: cGPA: 3.65 / sGPA 3.93 / MCAT 499 / AACOMAS Verified 6/8/18 / II: LECOM (SH), 1 MD II / A: LECOM SH / Non-traditional
YeezyQ
cGPA: 3.3 / sGPA 3.4 / MCAT 509 / AACOMAS Verified mid-July / II: ATSU-KCOM, MSUCOM, WVSOM, ICOM, AZCOM(Waitlist) / A: KCOM / Strong upward trend.

5) Click "Post Reply"

I was an underdawg last cycle, got 3 acceptances at the end. My first semester started a little shaky but I just finished strong.
Stay encouraged, hold unto your individuality, confront your application's weak points and augment as needed. You're qualified!

Got my first MD II yesterday at U Iowa! No DO II yet. What an interesting cycle. I seem to have more bites from MD than DO. On II waitlists at a few MD schools, yet getting rejected by DOs. No DO letter