The Official 5/12/2012 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

merde

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello fellow May 12ers! I didn't see a thread for our test day and considering we are 5 weeks away, I decided to make one! I hope everyone's preparation is going well!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really shocked so many people thought the BS was challenging. Thought it was very much in line with all the AAMC exams.

Last edited:
I'm assuming we got different tests

PS: Absolutely ridiculously killer, heavy questions in 2 passages that were mentioned as very very minor topics in my materials, while it felt 90% of the high yield topics were not mentioned. Seriously feel cheated by this section, just hoping for a generous curve.

VR: Thought it was reasonable and this is usually the scariest section for me. I'm assuming the people above who said it was difficult got a different set of passages.

BS: Thought it was ok. 1 question asked about something I had never heard before. I just looked up a different question that I got wrong...sucks. I need to stop doing this to myself

AAMC averages were in the mid 30s. I am hoping for a 33, but that PS section has me doubting it will happen. I usually finish AAMCs with 20 minutes left and enough time to go over my my whole exam. I finished the PS with about 5 mins left and 5 blank questions, and ended up guessing 3 of them. Lots of other questions marked I never got to look at. I'm a retaker too so it sucks. I wanted to void this so badly but the VR and BS gave me just enough hope of pulling a respectable score. It absolutely eats away at me to spend soooo much time preparing for this exam, just to have a curveball thrown at me on test day. If I had more time I would just keep rescheduling exams and voiding until I felt comfortable with a test.

**** the MCAT. Absolutely useless ****ing test. Now I have to get an app together while I wake up every morning for the next month with a headache thinking about this test.

agree.
PS: was the craziest, not one passage particular. Crazy questions scattered throughout. - PS /WAS/ my strongest scores on practice tests.
VS: not bad. 2ish harder to read passages. Pretty much the norm.
BS: There was one crazy passage (as usual) and some weird math at the very end to screw all those short on time :rolleyes: (thx mcat gods). Overall as expected, not that bad.

I'm really shocked so many people thought the BS was challenging. Thought it was very much in line with all the AAMC exams

Agreed. I talked to someone else at my testing center. And felt the same way as me. We came to the conclusion (as two people getting 11-13 on PS section practice tests): no way the majority could think it was anything but hard.

so definitely diff tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm really shocked so many people thought the BS was challenging. Thought it was very much in line with all the AAMC exams

Also, as I was walking away for a break after the VR, I saw some guy working through the verbal highlighting every damn thing in the passage. I felt really bad for that guy

Last edited:
First of all...holy moly. That was a doozy.

PS: Concepts were not too bad, but they were presented in an obscure way. Such that I had to spend too much time trying to figure out what they were asking. - Resulted in me running out of time at the end and guessing on 2-3.

VR: Not too bad. I'm usually OK at verbal and I thought this one was just on the side of difficult. Not mind-blowingly hard but harder than average.

BS: OmgwtfBS. BS was some BS. First 4 passages or so went ok for me. But then I was raped by one passage. This passage was on the order of the Ebola passage of AAMC 11 in terms of difficulty. Also, the discretes weren't the typical gimmie points that they usually are. They took up valuable time and at the end I guessed on a lot of them. This section was far and away one of the hardest BS sections I've taken.

Best Case - 11/12/10

Worst Case - 9/10/8

Average before: 32

PS: Concepts were not too bad, but they were presented in an obscure way. Such that I had to spend too much time trying to figure out what they were asking. - Resulted in me running out of time at the end and guessing on 2-3.

VR: Not too bad. I'm usually OK at verbal and I thought this one was just on the side of difficult. Not mind-blowingly hard but harder than average.

BS: OmgwtfBS. BS was some BS. First 4 passages or so went ok for me. But then I was raped by one passage. This passage was on the order of the Ebola passage of AAMC 11 in terms of difficulty. Also, the discretes weren't the typical gimmie points that they usually are. They took up valuable time and at the end I guessed on a lot of them. This section was far and away one of the hardest BS sections I've taken.

Best Case - 11/12/10

Worst Case - 9/10/8

You are really good at verbal
I got killed by that section today.. I voided because of it
And that passage you mentioned was much harder than the passage in AAMC 11( i got the all the ebola questions correct in aamc 11) .

I am not sure what just happened to me. I predict a score somewhere between 26 and 36, but I can't get more specific than that.

Hoping for an R or S on the writing though.

Best Case - 11/12/10

Worst Case - 9/10/8

I have no words. I really am not incline to say anything except that PS for me sucked! I agree with those who said simple concepts presented in unfamiliar ways. I guessed on way too many, and thinking back to the couple that I actually remember, I think I guessed wrong. For the calculation problems, none of my calculations fit the answers presented and had to just randomly guess on those too. It was horrendous.

Verbal I have no idea. It's always a toss up. I didn't feel like the passages were particularly that hard to read, but the questions were tough, did the best I could, no certainty whatsoever. Could've done okay, could've bombed.

BS was okay for me. There was one really bad passage that I guessed on. But overall I felt okay. But that can be because it was so much better compared to PS. I still don't know if I did as well as I did on my worse aamc BS practice.

All in all, I feel pretty horrible. This really sucks. I hate that it's still not over.

PS: Most of it were fairly straightforward questions with only a handful of tricky, yet still solvable questions when given an extra minute. That first passage threw me for a loop when I first saw it but it turned out to be very basic concept recall. Random math manipulations were always my biggest weakness, so I hope I didn't trip up on too many questions, although all my answers for those certainly looked right. But, I COMPLETELY agree about the one passage which, if anything, was de-emphasized in all of my review material. Luckily, I had a vague idea of what was going on because I remember audibly going "What the hell is this?" a month or so ago when I encountered it during the one and only practice passage that ever brought it up. At the end of the day, that passage was also fairly simple - I just had no idea what it was even asking, at first.

VR: Lucked out in getting a whole slew of passages I actually enjoyed reading and learning about. For me, there was really only one completely esoteric passage topic that I forced myself to slog through. Usually, there's three or four. Finished with around 5 minutes left, which never happens. Fairly confident in all of my answers minus maybe one or two.

BS: Was doing swimmingly well, 25 minutes or so minutes left going into the second to last passage, and, oh boy. Luckily, the final passage and last set of discretes were all really straightforward, because I definitely only had 5 or so minutes left to answer them after spending the majority of my time on the previous passage. Made one or two stupid mistakes that I instantly realized the second I walked out of the room. One of them was, regrettably, one of those "30 seconds left oh man which of the two choices is it?!" under pressure changes... sigh. Hopefully, I read those last 10 or so questions right and didn't mark any silly answers on them. Definitely could have used even another minute or two on that, but everything before that passage wasn't too bad, especially considering the "new" direction the MCAT is obviously going with their BS.

I think I took this test as well.

I found the PS difficult, and I've gotten a 12 and two 14s on the last two practice exams I've taken (probably my best content coverage in studying). Two things were going on for me; the first was just that somewhere between the 24 hour build up, the 30 minutes of waiting as others were checked in, and the security measures, I got NERVOUS! :scared: Nerves eased as the test went on, but were pretty bad in PS. Couldn't have hurt to have practiced on an old dinky monitor (like I ended up taking the test on) instead of a 26'' too.
Secondly, I found it physics heavy with an unusual number of passages on topics that were not usually emphasized from what I have gathered. The basic stuff I thought I knew was presented in tricky ways. I also found myself doing some two and even three step math calculations which is 1-2 more than most of the math I've done in practice---ate up my time---maybe I missed something? This should be telling: I've finished my last three AAMC PS practice with over 10 minutes left and I just finished this one; zero time to review. I'm hoping for a 10, but that could be a stretch.

Verbal: Questions were of average difficulty, passages were overall easier than practice tests online. Feel like I usually do, which is usually a 10 or 11.

Writing: Too bad nobody cares much anymore, because I found these prompts easier than all but one of the practice tests.

Bio: Average difficulty, the orgo that came up didn't really play into my strengths. And that second to last passage...I'm bummed about because I had time to go back and review, I came to a new conclusion on the question that I had stared at forever, only to figure out, literally as I walked out, that my reasoning was BAD and that I definitely selected the wrong answer. Not a good feeling.

Just by Googling afterward I know of four 50-50s that I picked wrong on and one I chose correctly, which I don't like. Decided to post hoping it would make me feel better! :eek:

You are really good at verbal
I got killed by that section today.. I voided because of it
And that passage you mentioned was much harder than the passage in AAMC 11( i got the all the ebola questions correct in aamc 11) .

I'm sorry to hear that you voided. But to be honest I considered it too when everything was said and done.

Take a few days off, reschedule and come at it again. Hopefully your next exam is nothing like the one we all just took.

Think someone just hit the nail on the head for the test I took: the damn discretes. I usually was able to breeze through the PS/BS discretes in seconds on the AAMCs but it seems like they took every single low-yield topic and decided to ask a question about it. Using up another minute or so making sure I had the right answer made me eat up a lot of time that I usually still had stored up when I was going through the practices.

This was a bigger problem for me with the BS discretes; they're usually my gimme points, but I can see my BS score tanking by 1 or 2 points because I chose the wrong answer for a discrete when after 50/50ing it.

I was averaging a 12/13/12 before this, but I definitely got at least 3 wrong in each science section, so there goes that pipe dream. And those are the ones I know I got wrong; I always inevitably make one or two embarrassing mistakes on the PS so I don't really have any room for error. I'm hoping for a 10/13/10 breakdown, which I'll gladly take, but I wouldn't be surprised if I dipped to 9s for either PS or BS. A 10 was usually 40/52 on the practices, right? Here's hoping that's a reachable goal. :scared:

Bio: Average difficulty, the orgo that came up didn't really play into my strengths. And that second to last passage...I'm bummed about because I had time to go back and review, I came to a new conclusion on the question that I had stared at forever, only to figure out, literally as I walked out, that my reasoning was BAD and that I definitely selected the wrong answer. Not a good feeling.

I think I know exactly which question you're talking about. Once that passage clicked for me, most of the questions were pretty simple, but there was one question in that cluster that really could have been interpreted in any of several ways based on the data that was presented. I ended up changing that answer based on completely different reasoning that my stress-induced panic thought sounded better, but I still haven't a clue which of my lines of thinking is actually the correct one.

Just remember everyone, the score will be scaled. If we all thought it was hard, I'm sure it will even out, and you'll likely score close to your practice tests.

There was a Relay for Life event going on about 20 feet from my window during the exam. There was a DJ and everything. It was pretty distracting and the test center was really apologetic. They said they were going to send something in and I could call the hotline about it, but I decided to not void my exam anyway and just hope I got a 30-32.

welcome to the post-mcat purgatory....it stinks. the first three days are pretty bad. it will get a little better afterward. a little bit....

congrats on finishing everyone. let me preview your upcoming conversations w/ friends and family.

"Hey, _____, congrats on finishing the mcat. Aren't you glad you're done??"

"Uhhh.....I *think* I may be done. And, I feel like crap, thanks."

:)

Members don't see this ad :)
overall this test was easier than the beast I encountered last August, 2011. This is my 2nd time taking.

PS - a couple questions at first threw me off because of the way they were presented.. I skipped and came back after finishing everything only to realize it wasn't THAT bad. I wish I had 5 more minutes to double-check a few calculations...there were maybe 1 or 2 questions that were too easy.. seemed like a joke..but definitely some mathy questions in there to off set that.

VR - this section is my worst in every test... hard to say how I did. Definitely was torn between 2 choices on a handful, like always... tried my best :(

BS - not too bad. but I was getting a little tired so I'm sure I made some careless errors here or there.

Starting to drink a little and slowly forget all the questions I wanted to google.

I will be happy with ANYTHING 10/10/10 +++

Just got home after hanging out with some friends right after the test.

I must say that I think I took a different test from everyone else ... xD

Anyways ...

PS: It was challenging. Sorta brought me down after finishing. But it wasn't too bad. I'm pretty sure I manage at least a 10. Few questions that had equations that I barely glanced over ... oh well

VR: Honestly, it was the most interesting verbal I've ever taken. There were some challenging questions, but it was the first time that I had time leftover. Actually had like 10 minutes left after going through all the passages. Hoping for a good score ...

BS: Harder than what I expected from a bio section. It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't too good. Googled two answers than I had a problem with and saw that I got it right which at least made me day ... haha

Hopefully good results are to come for all of you and me as well! As for me, I am off to study for my neurobio test that I have put off studying for the past two weeks ... lol

PS, Yeah, wasn't too bad but just presented minor deemphasized topics. I'm really upset at this, though. The lowest score i've gotten in PS was 13. I'll be happy with a 12 now :(

Verbal. I'm (figuratively) in tears about this. The first passage I didn't understand at all, and ended up guessing most of the questions. Rest of the passages were same old. But..that first passage. I'm really really sad...

BS. Nothing unusual but two questions that I can remember left me scratching my head.

Practice avg: 34-35
Expect: 12/9/12

if verbal was a person, i would be a criminal.

Well I guess I feel a little better was checking some I guessed on and got them right so hopefully the ones I thought i got right were good too.

Ohhhh finanly feelin a little relaxed, drank some brew for the first time in months, said hello to my dusty xbox, and took a vicodin. Still think that test was dumb, they should make it were the people that study for it can do well, not all this random guess maybe i need to know stuff. I don't know, prob just nerves and stress all make you crazy.

. during the bio section I literary thought about just running out of the room to make the pain stop, but I was like cummon u can do it, sad i know. Well If i failed I'll just have to take it again and again and again until I get it. :)

I don't understand how I could've gotten 34-36 for all but 2 practice exams and end up pretty certain I'll score in the 20's. Though I did get a 29 once, which makes me feel my dark prediction is all the more likely.

I don't understand how I could've gotten 34-36 for all but 2 practice exams and end up pretty certain I'll score in the 20's. Though I did get a 29 once, which makes me feel my dark prediction is all the more likely.

relax habibi. everyone feels bad afterwards. your averages are great. i'm sure we did better than we think.

For the people who actually did horrrrrrrrible and aren't just overly freaking out like 90% of people in this thread, I am holding a jump-off-a-cliff party.

Feel free to join.:cool:

You guys have me scared! I came out of it feeling pretty good. I'm with you on the obscurity and random details. And I think we are ALL on the same page about that one passage... but when I noticed the question structure was different from what I was used to, I found the correct answer by eliminating all of the wrong ones. Here's hoping I wasn't deceiving myself, lol! I will be happy with a 30 though, so maybe my expectations were just lower than the majority on this thread.

I'm sure we did well... reading over other threads and immediate responses after the test, the way you are feeling is the norm. Our type A personalities make us good students and will make us good doctors one day... it just also makes us a little high strung.

For the people who took today's exam, do y'all think spending time running through the PS section on Kaplan FLs will help? I hear they're supposedly much harder than AAMC, and my average PS AAMC is a 13 right now. But y'all are freaking me out with all this talk about how impossible the PS section is

For the people who took today's exam, do y'all think spending time running through the PS section on Kaplan FLs will help? I hear they're supposedly much harder than AAMC, and my average PS AAMC is a 13 right now. But y'all are freaking me out with all this talk about how impossible the PS section is

do more math problems...and quickly.

Definitely killed the WS!

haha that's one thing I know for sure too. I'm huge into politics/current events and writing about them - so much so that it was the main source of my income during college. And the topics were easily applied to many political/newsy events in the past decade that I knew so much about. It was sweet... but the ps section like I said was :scared:

What kind of math problems? For instance, is there just more "brute force" math on the real exam like "11.3 * 45.2"? Or is it manipulation of variables to find ratios?

i liked kaplans PS because they had a lot of calculation problems that i don't get to practice much outside of their exams. since most people said that the real deal was calculation heavy (today's exam wasn't) it was great practice.

mostly actual calculations. not ratios.

For future testers (this is 2nd time taking it- first I voided, so I have something to compare this test to):
There are no true high yield questions/concepts in PS, if TBR/TPRH (not EK) mention a concept in only one paragraph - there's an equal chance it will be on there as something they spent 5 pages explaining. You know there will be an experiment for chem and a situation presented for physics. I know that doesn't help much to say: all is needed to be known. I had 2 questions on the test that were based on one concept 1/4 page in TBR and TPRH physics (like all the other books) and I haven't seen a question about this topic on here in past couple months.

Were there some on there that people called 'high yield' - yes (most post MCATers don't remember those cause it took them 5 seconds to answer it, it's the ones that took them 2minutes and still not sure what the answer was, sometime don't even know what the hell the questions was or even what if it was physics or bio concept hah). But there were as many as those as low yielders/not emphasized in books, these forums AAMC tests, non-aamc tests (i took all aamc, all tbr, first 6 kaplan, first 5 GS, 1 TPR, and 3 OOLDD TRPH).

But this is nothing new, every MCAT-post test thread /this year/ - this is what most have said. Also the fact that you will see equations you have never seen before -- like they will have different variables or combine 4 formulas into one and throw in a couple other variables. And like people said earlier about material being presented in unfamiliar ways. We are so used to a concept like i dunno ummm tension on ropes. it's always presented to us on ropes. Well the mcat will put seaweed in the ocean and ask you how much tension is on the seaweed because of the current WITHOUT say the word tension. We see specific concepts like this on ALL practice tests and books applied to generally the same mechanism/object/situation -- the mcat chooses a new system without telling you which concept to apply. So a lot of people get in the mindset of seeing a rope and weight = torque, tension, pulley, mech adv, etc. Which is good but you need to be able to see something happening youve never seen before and identify torque, tension, pulley, mech adv, etc. is at play. Same goes with the equating thing I said. You always see PE=QV^2. You need to be able to pick it out of an equation that has it in there just different variables/lots of equation smooshed into one equation with "overlapping variables"/or instead of PE=C*V^2 they will give you q*E*y+C=I*t*(W/A)^2 yes that is a real equation.

There's A LOT more to say and advise but it has already been said repeatedly in other threads like the 30+ thread and past test threads. These are just two things that I have seen that I felt like ranting on. Dunno if this will help :\

Last edited:
i liked kaplans PS because they had a lot of calculation problems that i don't get to practice much outside of their exams. since most people said that the real deal was calculation heavy (today's exam wasn't) it was great practice.

mostly actual calculations. not ratios.

GS's tests were straight forward not out side the box test, so they don't push the application of your concepts/equations (bad). But their PS was calc heavy as well (heavier than TBR - but TBR was 1000% better). I used the last 4 GS's as a question/passage bank for troubling concepts.

PS. I am pretty mad at myself b/c there are at least 3 questions I know how to do, but run out of time. I mean, I never run out of time in all AAMC physics session, how can this happen! I averaged 12-13 on physics, but really not sure about this time, a 11 will make me very happy.

Verbal. I felt the same all the time for AAMC verbal, but score varied a lot, so I have no predictions...
BS. I think it was ok, similar with typical AAMC bs section.

Overall, really messed up on physics, could get right on at least 3 questions, but faild. Really depressed.

Damn, that kind of sucks. Do you think that after the scales are in place, it's possible to get a 10+ after missing 10 problems?

Damn, that kind of sucks. Do you think that after the scales are in place, it's possible to get a 10+ after missing 10 problems?

Yes just check out some of the scaled curves from practice AAMCs. It is definitely possible. But nothing is guaranteed. I already know I got 1 wrong in PS and 1 wrong in BS. :(

For the people who actually did horrrrrrrrible and aren't just overly freaking out like 90% of people in this thread, I am holding a jump-off-a-cliff party.

Feel free to join.:cool:
I really hope that I'm just over-reacting, though I tend not to. I think I came into this test without super high expectations of my performance because while I did okay on the practices I was never super comfortable with the PS to the point that I was confident on any of tha practices, meaning a lot of my answers were iffy. Compound that with today's unfamiliar PS question style, I think I really screwed up. I would be the happiest girl if I end up being wrong and find out I did alright a month later. I will gladly take any name calling and fun poking from this group then!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and agree with retailboy.

I think there is a lot of the questions that we aren't remembering because we just took the 5 seconds to easily answer them. Obviously, we dwell on the ones that ate up our time and we ended up guessing on.

I thought I did poorly on my verbal section because I remember switching an answer to the incorrect one. - Completely ignoring the other 39/40 questions that I feel like I found the answer for, this one question sullied my interpretation of my whole VR.

- My long winded way of saying we probably did better than we think and if the SDN community thinks the test was hard than the other 75% that took the test probably got uber reamed. Yay curve.

I already know I missed one in PS (well I know I missed more than 1) but it was one of those last second decisions and I switched my answer from right to wrong. So annoying. That 1 BS passage is still bothering me too but I don't think there is anything else I could have done to prepare for it.

The computer automatically saves the writing samples right? I know I didn't save the first one.

I already know I missed one in PS (well I know I missed more than 1) but it was one of those last second decisions and I switched my answer from right to wrong. So annoying. That 1 BS passage is still bothering me too but I don't think there is anything else I could have done to prepare for it.

The computer automatically saves the writing samples right? I know I didn't save the first one.
I think so, I didn't save the first as well.

It saves it. That's a fact. It's on one of the tutorial pages at the beginning. Check a practice aamc. You'll see. Plus, it automatically saves whatever you have down every 5min.

It saves it. That's a fact. It's on one of the tutorial pages at the beginning. Check a practice aamc. You'll see. Plus, it automatically saves whatever you have down every 5min.

Phew. Thanks. Just double checking, I don't think I would be able to live with myself if I got a 0 on an essay for something incredibly stupid like that!

I hope it automatically saves ... because I just submitted that ish without saving ... :eek:

Our resident engineer must be out partying at chucke' cheeses. I want a full report MR. 40 :D

is it bad that I'm hoping he accidentally pressed the void button? haha I kid I kid :laugh:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and agree with retailboy.

I think there is a lot of the questions that we aren't remembering because we just took the 5 seconds to easily answer them. Obviously, we dwell on the ones that ate up our time and we ended up guessing on.

I said that cause it makes sense. AND I sat down after the test to write down all the topics/questions asked and I could only come up with a few - all I struggled with, as a result I was feeling like death. But then I pulled out my TBR and TPRH books and started flipping through them (looking at a couple main sections see if I recall Q's on it) and I started to remember questions - "ahhh I remember there was a question on this, I rocked that it - I laughed at how easy it was." I recalled about 10 more questions that way that I know I got right. While before I looked at the books again all I could think of (even after sitting there for thirty minutes with eyes closed trying to remember what I saw) was either ones I got wrong or struggled on or had NO clue what the concept was. I think if someone is really depressed, if they look back at the topics or flip through the book - they will start to remember stuff that they got right. :thumbup:

I said that cause it makes sense. AND I sat down after the test to write down all the topics/questions asked and I could only come up with a few - all I struggled with, as a result I was feeling like death. But then I pulled out my TBR and TPRH books and started flipping through them (looking at a couple main sections see if I recall Q's on it) and I started to remember questions - "ahhh I remember there was a question on this, I rocked that it - I laughed at how easy it was." I recalled about 10 more questions that way that I know I got right. While before I looked at the books again all I could think of (even after sitting there for thirty minutes with eyes closed trying to remember what I saw) was either ones I got wrong or struggled on or had NO clue what the concept was. I think if someone is really depressed, if they look back at the topics or flip through the book - they will start to remember stuff that they got right. :thumbup:

Sadly I too spent a few minutes flipping through a couple of my books and remembered questions that I knew I got, just easily overlooked... still dwelling on a couple. I wish I wasn't so neurotic. It's killing me!!

Oh god, I hope the writing section is fine. I nexer hit the save button, just the 'end' button.

Just got back from the bar. Going back to Ochem & trying not to care about the mcat.

PS a 13-14 was completely doable if you are smart and peak at the right time. Having aall equations fresh in your mind will never hurt. All passages were easy to understand, but there were a few out of nowhere questions as always which you can't spend 5 minutes staring at. Gaurantee I got 9-10 wrong and did not do the 13-14 but I enjoyed myself and finished in time, although working on changing a capacitor question when the timer went out... big deal? Wasn't going to let it affect me. My heart starts racing when I get scared/angry but I can say from the time I woke up to walking out of the test, I never had any unusual feelings at all! Crazy. I took free Princeton's online tests and they are the same idea, did NOT do most of the AAMC's because it was just going to take my hopes down and lots of this test is psychological. The other students were walking out saying they weren't like the AAMC's anyway and gave them unrealistic preparations

Verbal - Long passages, none were real difficult except the first one, and as always I could rule out 2 but then it is a 50/50.... hate it. That is why I am studying for a retake. What an idiot. I've spent hundreds of hours on verbal and am about to go pay a tutor. -

Bio was almost fun (physics wasn't a killer and verbal wasn't a killer so I thought, woah! they're setting us up to knock us out on bio) - one killer passage but just took my time and reasoning skills through it. Organic is so iffy - I remember 2 passages with most being gimme questions - ....No biochemistry except one question. Alot of the bio questions can be done by crossing out 3 "more wrong" answers and choosing the other...even though you can't justify it. Finished with 10 minutes.

Predict? 11- 6 or 7- 10 or 11 so I am studying to retake it for the verbal and also start getting my focus off verbal alone to work on the sciences.

Like EK says, part of the job is identifying what they're asking in the question! Once you get that, it is a whole lot easier.

Tentative release date: June 12th. 30 days from now at around 330 eastern.

Now what to do with my life? 2 months worth of 6-12hr study days has left me with a hole to fill. AAMC application? Sure, that might take a day or two...

Last edited:
Tentative release date: June 12th. 30 days from now at around 330 eastern.

Now what to do with my life? 2 months worth of 6-12hr study days has left me with a hole to fill. AAMC application? Sure, that might take a day or two...

LOL... could not agree more with ya! I was supposed to shove all my MCAT books into a closet but sadly I almost want to keep studying in the event I need to retake asap. Contemplating signing up for a test right after scores come out, and not showing if my score is fine, obviously taking if it wasn't fine.. anyone else thinking the same? Or am i the only crazy here?

LOL... could not agree more with ya! I was supposed to shove all my MCAT books into a closet but sadly I almost want to keep studying in the event I need to retake asap. Contemplating signing up for a test right after scores come out, and not showing if my score is fine, obviously taking if it wasn't fine.. anyone else thinking the same? Or am i the only crazy here?

I think in your situatipn i would do the same. If my test feels sour ill probably sign up for a july or august date. I dont reallh care if i have to postpone my cycle, that score really matters and theres no way in hell I would want to take the new MCAT