The Official August 1, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamin&WakinDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow August 1sters

I'm shocked that there isn't a thread for this date already!
It's July 24th today, meaning we have approx a week left....
How's studying going? STAY SANE!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who want to have another avenue with which to be neurotic today: this is the MCAT Twitter page. They will tweet the moment the scores are up.

https://twitter.com/AAMC_MCAT

With that being said....

2b991b7715675dd4c579980d970338bf.gif

I'm experiencing the same nerves as I did on the starting block for the region finals....my heart is beating out of my chest! ahhhhhh

I'm experiencing the same nerves as I did on the starting block for the region finals....my heart is beating out of my chest! ahhhhhh
I never felt so uneasy for something. This is either going to be a good day for me or a crappy one.

I'm going to go ahead and post my guess:
09/10/08
... prepare for the worst hope for the best...

I am trying so hard to stay busy and keep my mind off of it...... it's not working though!! AHHH!!!! :scared:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder how bs section will turn out

That... AND PS. I feel like the general consensus is that it was straight forward... may be a little tougher of a scale. Ugh, and verbal!? Easy content, difficult questions. BAH! So, I guess it will be interesting to see how the entire thing turns out ;)

BS murdered me - first tortured, then murdered. And now I am a zombie typing this.

Oh I gotcha. Sorry, I was being facetious. I know for a fact that I missed 5. I would say I probably took a 50/50 guess on 10 and a complete guess on 10

Oh I gotcha. Sorry, I was being facetious. I know for a fact that I missed 5. I would say I probably took a 50/50 guess on 10 and a complete guess on 10
i think i guess the same amount too. Especially on the passages i didnt understand. Now I am worried for all sections sigh

i think i guess the same amount too. Especially on the passages i didnt understand. Now I am worried for all sections sigh

This is my second MCAT and I did terribly on the sections I thought I did well on and well on the sections I thought I did terribly. It's really anybody's guess to be honest with you. I understand how nerve wracking it is, but you will find out soon enough. If worse comes to worst you can re-take it. My fingers are crossed for you and everybody freaking out.

I'm going full freaking sympathetic right now.

EDIT: All eyes on us. We've had over 1,000 new views on this thread in the last hour.

I'm at work in a neurosurgery clinic.... I am having a hard time being compassionate - "I'm sorry your anuerysm clipping failed, but I'm waiting on my MCAT scores."

Guys, Im sitting in class and I just cant focus for crap. I just read my score and Im really really happy.

Reactions: 5 users
i scored 19 points less than my aamc average. Now I am just disappointed and its hard to pick up the books again.

Please use the following:

Test Date: 08/01/2014
FL AAMC Average:
Post-test expected score:
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS):

Guess I'll be the first one..

FL AAMC Average: ~31
Post-test expected score: 28-30
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS): 30 (11/10/9):soexcited:

Very happy with a pretty balanced score! Surprised at the 10 in VR though. Also the 9 in BS is the lowest I ever scored. Guess the curve wasn't as lenient

Reactions: 6 users
last test: PS 10 VR 5 BS 10
august 1: PS 12 VR 7 BS 11

I'm not retaking so screw that. I'm taking the DAT this November so I'm applying to both med and dentistry. For some reason I'm not happy but at least I'm not reading another mcat book..

Guess I'll be the first one..

FL AAMC Average: ~31
Post-test expected score: 28-30
Actual Score: ( PS / V / BS): 30 (11/10/9):soexcited:

Very happy with a pretty balanced score! Surprised at the 10 in VR though. Also the 9 in BS is the lowest I ever scored. Guess the curve wasn't as lenient

HA! I got the exact same breakdown :) 4 points below my average :(

Reactions: 4 users