the official COMAT shelf thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Meanwhile, I was on a panel for some 2nd years and someone in our class said they had 3 sub-is scheduled already.....

wtf
I now have 2 scheduled already as of last week.

Truly. Idk how she did it.
Easy, some programs don't participate in VSAS, and you can just email their PC and you can get them scheduled that way.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users

Easy, some programs don't participate in VSAS, and you can just email their PC and you can get them scheduled that way.
Yeah some like this ^ are easier. people going through only vsas arent really gonna have anything set up yet bc most places dont accept app submissions til 4/15 lol

Reactions: 1 user

None of the places around me do non VSAS unfortunately

Members don't see this ad :)
None of the places around me do non VSAS unfortunately
I didn't apply to places around me. I applied to one place in PA and one in IL, and both of them offer housing to students, so I will still save a little bit.

I have 2 scheduled. The message from our school has been highly variable but most say to proceed scheduling as many as possible. My plan is to do 5 but I'm a little worried because one of my top programs might hold it against an applicant that does more than one away

I didn't apply to places around me. I applied to one place in PA and one in IL, and both of them offer housing to students, so I will still save a little bit.
Ahhh I see. I’m waiting till April first too schedule some anything away from my “home base”

Done with OBGYN. Really not a fan. Felt super vauge. Or weird answer choices. Big boo but whatever anymore. I wasn’t going to honor anyways 😂😂😂

Reactions: 2 users
Started my peds elective today. Feels go to be back but wow do you forget a lot of things after 7 months lol.

Also bittersweet because this was the comat I felt best about but was my worst score overall

Yo, I can’t remember who all is interested in DR/IR, but if you are, I made a thread over in the radiology forum for Co 22.

106 on OBGYN Comat. two points worse than predicted (would love to do better than predicted for once lol)

So comes the end of an era. a 107 Comat average. not bad for someone who was in the bottom 20% of their preclinical class with a 2.5 GPA lol.

I've said it before, but it is wild how much arbitrary measurements can wreck your sense of accomplishment. I went from bottom 20% in preclinicals to the top 25 percent of students (based on comat average) and I am so damn proud of that. Truly a comeback story. However, It still feels like a failure because I did not honor a single rotation due to my schools very high standards. Would not sting as bad if I didn't have students from other schools at my site who honored all rotations with sub 100 comat scores. I feel cheated sometimes.

Hopefully I tear it up for Step 2. Super proud of everyone in this thread, you have all been inspiration to work my hardest and try to accomplish bigger and better things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
106 on OBGYN Comat. two points worse than predicted (would love to do better than predicted for once lol)

So comes the end of an era. a 107 Comat average. not bad for someone who was in the bottom 20% of their preclinical class with a 2.5 treats! lol.

I've said it before, but it is wild how much arbitrary measurements can wreck your sense of accomplishment. I went from bottom 20% to the top 25 percent of students (based on comat average) and I am so damn proud of that. Truly a comeback story. However, It still feels like a failure because I did not honor a single rotation due to my schools very high standards. Would not sting as bad if I didn't have students from other schools at my site who honored all rotations with sub 100 comat scores. I feel cheated sometimes.

Hopefully I tear it up for Step 2. Super proud of everyone in this thread, you have all been inspiration to work my hardest and try to accomplish bigger and better things.
You killed it. Definitely something to be very proud of.

• Love
Hi friends.

My school is destroying my mental health.

That is all.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Hi friends.

My school is destroying my mental health.

That is all.
I feel the same way. I just keep thinking about how we’re so close and it’s really almost over, so there is only a limited amount of time left that I have to put up with them and their BS policies. We’ve got this!

• Care
CSA fail?

We had to do some telemedicine visit SP encounters as a prep for the now non-existent PE. Totally new to us, lots of new grading criteria that to either got all or no credit for doing. A sizeable portion of our class failed it as a result.

• Wow
Such BS. Idk if you saw the email though, but they aren't giving a transcript F anymore. They are allowing everyone a second remediation and if they pass they get a straight pass.

they also said there was a major B line issue and they had to reaudit everything because B line was not recording grades correctly, so you may have actually passed!

We had to do some telemedicine visit SP encounters as a prep for the now non-existent PE. Totally new to us, lots of new grading criteria that to either got all or no credit for doing. A sizeable portion of our class failed it as a result.
Oh, same **** at my school. Did mine two months ago and still haven’t gotten my scores. I’ve heard it’s because so many failed that they’re now trying to change grading.

Wow actually passed the OMM comat. I'm gonna be riding this high for weeks.

Reactions: 3 users
Guys the runaround I had with my school yesterday.

They entered my grades in for an exam backwards and tried to tell me I failed. Took 4 hours to straighten out

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
So I'm kinda doing garbage on Comquest OMM questions. Did not realize how much I struggle with rib and sacrum questions

So I'm kinda doing garbage on Comquest OMM questions. Did not realize how much I struggle with rib and sacrum questions
This crap is rough. I’m trying to get through the turn up 2 OMT deck *quickly* while I’m doing u world and other things so it’ll be knee jerk later and I won’t have to seriously study it between step and comlex. It’s got a lot of good rib and sacrum cards so far. I‘ve seen about 3/4 of the deck now.

Besides, the anatomic stuff in the deck and how to treat injuries, other than using OMT, is actually still helpful for step 2 even though I don’t want to admit that.

This crap is rough. I’m trying to get through the turn up 2 OMT deck *quickly* while I’m doing u world and other things so it’ll be knee jerk later and I won’t have to seriously study it between step and comlex. It’s got a lot of good rib and sacrum cards so far. I‘ve seen about 3/4 of the deck now.

Besides, the anatomic stuff in the deck and how to treat injuries, other than using OMT, is actually still helpful for step 2 even though I don’t want to admit that.
yeah After seeing a few questions Its already obvious how good the deck is. I take the exam next friday. Ill just keep powering through and hope for a pass. maybe itll be like OB where I start out getting wrecked but it gets better

Yo, did UWorld for peds really **** anyone else up? Lots of "40% correct" questions that are super ****ing vague.
dude I want to do peds and I get wrecked by peds questions. IDK what the hell happened, my first 100 I had like a 70% average, now I'm in the 50s

dude I want to do peds and I get wrecked by peds questions. IDK what the hell happened, my first 100 I had like a 70% average, now I'm in the 50s
Same, I killed the first 100-150, now it’s all obscure **** or vague **** and I am getting ****ed. Honestly pretty demoralizing.

Update: holy sh** I'm so bored on GI. We legit just scope allllll day while an NP runs around seeing most of the patients on the floor. Shoot me.

And with that, I've definitely realized that the procedure lifestyle is not for me. I mean, I'm sure it's mildly more interesting when you're the one doing it vs. watching, but.....the same thing, non-stop, for hours every day? Noooooope.

Also, closer and closer to solidifying that hospitalist or PCP is the life for me. Like, 99.9% sure.

Unrelated, but also super conflicted about setting up rotations for fourth year. I'm trying to do things inpatient/with residency programs, but a bunch offered are with programs I actually want to go to and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot since aways aren't really recommended for IM. But I also have imposter syndrome that I'm not going to know how to function as an intern after DO style M3.

• Love
How about them savage beyotch programs that put their electives up on VSAS at midnight EST? I was like O.O when I heard that email ding. Really? I was winding down. Now I’m wound back up. :rofl:

• Haha
How about them savage beyotch programs that put their electives up on VSAS at midnight EST? I was like O.O when I heard that email ding. Really? I was winding down. Now I’m wound back up. :rofl:
lol I had one open up at a day early at 11am. I didn't notice until 4PM.

• Wow
Update: holy sh** I'm so bored on GI. We legit just scope allllll day while an NP runs around seeing most of the patients on the floor. Shoot me.

And with that, I've definitely realized that the procedure lifestyle is not for me. I mean, I'm sure it's mildly more interesting when you're the one doing it vs. watching, but.....the same thing, non-stop, for hours every day? Noooooope.

Also, closer and closer to solidifying that hospitalist or PCP is the life for me. Like, 99.9% sure.

Unrelated, but also super conflicted about setting up rotations for fourth year. I'm trying to do things inpatient/with residency programs, but a bunch offered are with programs I actually want to go to and I don't want to shoot myself in the foot since aways aren't really recommended for IM. But I also have imposter syndrome that I'm not going to know how to function as an intern after DO style M3.
Yeah no shot Im gonna feel ready for a SubI with only 5-6 weeks of inpatient IM. DO style rotations are rough and 1000% have imposter syndrome. I can barely present or workup copd exacerbation and im boutta be an MS4

Yeah no shot Im gonna feel ready for a SubI with only 5-6 weeks of inpatient IM. DO style rotations are rough and 1000% have imposter syndrome. I can barely present or workup copd exacerbation and im boutta be an MS4
I'm with you brother. Takes me forever to work through a workup.

Comquest OB questions are absolute trash. Bull**** questions on low yield garbage. Uworld was soooo much better omg. After having done the UW questions and then going to comquest its night and day. How predictive was people who did comquest for their actual OB comat

Comquest OB questions are absolute trash. Bull**** questions on low yield garbage. Uworld was soooo much better omg. After having done the UW questions and then going to comquest its night and day. How predictive was people who did comquest for their actual OB comat
within 1-2 points per usual with comquest, but I did zero uworld

I actually liked the comquest ones a lot, but they were really hard for the first 50 or so

Yeah like the comquest questions they are asking are so dumb-so low yield its mad annoying
I will say I personally felt that OBGYN comquest was the most representative of the COMAT compared to other subjects

Any of you guys using Divine intervention?
Legit love him. Its all I watch. I listen to him and do UW and i feel like he gets me so many questions on the shelves. Hes the Step 2 version of goljan. Highly recommend him over OME. OME actually sucks imo i never retain any of his lectures its basically him regurgitating algorithms completely useless to me

Legit love him. Its all I watch. I listen to him and do UW and i feel like he gets me so many questions on the shelves. Hes the Step 2 version of goljan. Highly recommend him over OME. OME actually sucks imo i never retain any of his lectures its basically him regurgitating algorithms completely useless to me
Same. Divine was the GOAT during 3rd year.

whelp I finished the COMQUEST questions for the omm comat I take Friday. predicted at 99 which is my lowest ever. Im a little nervous about passing. Most of my mistakes were pelvic counterstrain though, so hopefully I can pound that and be ok.

I've heard awful rumors that one form of the exam has a ton of cranial on it.

whelp I finished the COMQUEST questions for the omm comat I take Friday. predicted at 99 which is my lowest ever. Im a little nervous about passing. Most of my mistakes were pelvic counterstrain though, so hopefully I can pound that and be ok.

I've heard awful rumors that one form of the exam has a ton of cranial on it.
COMQUEST OMM is so much easier than the actual COMAT LOL. It was the worst COMAT I have taken so far.