***The Official Dental College of Georgia Class of 2023 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSchoolorBust202X

Dental College of Georgia (Class of 2023)
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hadn't seen one posted for DCG, so thought I would start it out :) Good luck, everyone!

Link to interview prep: Dental College of Georgia at Augusta University Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

*edited by staff to include link to interview feedback

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know if everyone receives the supplemental or only those invited for interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have not received the supplemental yet, but I submitted this week.

I received the supplemental 2 weeks after submitting, but I did submit June 5th. Since you just submitted it this week, maybe expect a little more of a delay.

I submitted 06/26. Got my supplemental app. 07/09 and completed it 07/11. Have not heard anything since.

Hey I just logged into the portal,and under the review section I see two red x's next to "Prior Application/TOEFL" and "Residency." I can't edit it because I already submitted. Does anybody else have this? I will probably email them Monday.

Hey I just logged into the portal,and under the review section I see two red x's next to "Prior Application/TOEFL" and "Residency." I can't edit it because I already submitted. Does anybody else have this? I will probably email them Monday.

How did you get into the portal? I received and submitted the supplemental on June 20th but haven't heard anything since.

I just used the same link they sent me in the email. Im just wondering because they cant let you complete the supp. without doing all the sections, which I know I did. So im just wondering why those sections show incomplete for me.

I did that right after I posted that message. I don't see any X's and there isn't anything I can do once I get to that page.

See the email response I attached here. It was received today when I sent an inquiry about not receiving confirmation for my supplemental...bottom line we should be hearing something this week!

Attachments

• 8153F488-4907-4CFE-AB7D-EAEEAE3EAC26.png
    8153F488-4907-4CFE-AB7D-EAEEAE3EAC26.png
    241.8 KB · Views: 162
Reactions: 1 users
The new supplemental apps were sent out today.

Yeah I got it. I updated my sections and everything shows complete. Waiting to submit per instructions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else having trouble logging into the portal?
I used the link from the original email. They are probably having all kinds of issues so im just waiting it out.

Just tried to log back in but the app is closed again. They must be having problems.

They're trying to figure out how to get rid of the 'Pay My Application Fee' button so that people don't pay $30 again.

Hello, everyone! I'm a current D1 and I just wanted to say good luck! I lived on SDN for my application cycles and I swore if I ever got in, I would pay it forward. Let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Hey guys, so I didn't re-submit my secondary app the second time because I got the email saying not to right in time, there still has been no word of DCG fixing this issue yet. They say do not email or call them about this so what do we do, just wait?

Hey guys, so I didn't re-submit my secondary app the second time because I got the email saying not to right in time, there still has been no word of DCG fixing this issue yet. They say do not email or call them about this so what do we do, just wait?
I've just been waiting. There have been a lot of changes for the admissions office, so I think they're scrambling to get it together this cycle.

Same, I didn't resubmit. I have just been waiting.

Is anyone else having issues editing the supplemental? When I log in now, it says it's complete, but I never saw or answered the new questions.

Is anyone else having issues editing the supplemental? When I log in now, it says it's complete, but I never saw or answered the new questions.

I luckily finished my extra questions before they emailed me and said to not submit the payment again, however, it is locked for me too. I'm going to email DCG asking if my supplemental is truly complete.

EDIT 1: Email sent to them, currently awaiting response.

EDIT 2: Got this back: "We are filtering through the hundreds of applications to process. At this time, I cannot confirm receipt, but as soon as we get through processing, we will send confirmation. Due to the high volume of calls, emails, and submissions, we are delayed. Thanks for being patient as we go through all of the submissions and send confirmations. You will hear from us soon as we get to your application for processing and update you if missing any information."

Last edited:
I still have not received the supplemental despite submitting several weeks ago. Do you think I should e-mail them? They are evidently still working out some problems with the supplement so I think I am just going to give it some more time.
Couldn't hurt to email them, but they're probably behind with sending out the supplemental since the current system isn't working . No point in sending more out of it's causing problems ya know

I was able to log on last week and make my changes, but now the portal is locked for me. So I just clicked the "Pay My Application Fee" button and then closed the window. At this point I'd rather just pay the 30$ again smh

I still have not received the supplemental despite submitting several weeks ago. Do you think I should e-mail them? They are evidently still working out some problems with the supplement so I think I am just going to give it some more time.
are you out of state?

Just got this response from DCG:
"If you’ve submitted a second time, cancelled second payment notice, and it says complete, then you did right. We are filtering through hundreds of applications to process. At this time, I cannot confirm receipt, but as soon as we get through processing, we will send confirmation. Due to the high volume of calls, emails, and application submissions, we are delayed. Thanks for being patient as we go through all of the submissions and send confirmations. You will hear from us soon as we get to your application for processing and update you if missing any information. "

On the website it says that for out of state it’s not sent to every applicant, but due to them being backed up and adding more questions they are probably just delayed in sending more OOS supplementals! You’ll get one fingers crossed!

INTERVIEW INVITATIONS JUST WENT OUT!!!!!!!

Did you fix your new information in the supplemental already?
It's weird because my account was locked until today, so I hadn't updated it before they e-mailed with the invite.

Gratz! When? My fingers are still crossed.
Thanks! I got the e-mails just before lunch. She sent out 4 at the same time with the invite, two forms, and hotel info.

Thanks! I got the e-mails just before lunch. She sent out 4 at the same time with the invite, two forms, and hotel info.

Hi! Did you get the application complete/under review email before receiving an invite? Just received that email but had submitted my supplemental the day the new ones went out. Thanks!

I’m OOS and submitted my app July 27th. I received the supplemental last Wednesday, and turned it in this past Monday!

Just got an email stating that my application is complete. I submitted the revised supplemental the day it was sent out but I’m sure that whole issue caused a headache for admissions.

Hi! Did you get the application complete/under review email before receiving an invite? Just received that email but had submitted my supplemental the day the new ones went out. Thanks!
I just got the same e-mail, so my supplemental was technically marked complete after my interview invite.

I just got an email today saying all my information has been received. Good to everything complete after this whole supplemental fiasco.

I’m OOS and submitted my app July 27th. I received the supplemental last Wednesday, and turned it in this past Monday!
Same here! I haven’t received anything after submitting my supplementary application though.

for the supplemental: what if you put all your dental experiences on you primary. are supposed to answer the "additional dental experiences" question anyways since it's an essay question?

for the supplemental: what if you put all your dental experiences on you primary. are supposed to answer the "additional dental experiences" question anyways since it's an essay question?

It's there for an update after the primary and if you didn't get to say everything you wanted. I personally left it blank since I had nothing left to say.

It's there for an update after the primary and if you didn't get to say everything you wanted. I personally left it blank since I had nothing left to say.
would the "additional extracurriculars, community, and volunteer activities" be considered the same? as in if i have already indicated all of that in my primary, should i state it again?

would the "additional extracurriculars, community, and volunteer activities" be considered the same? as in if i have already indicated all of that in my primary, should i state it again?

Yeah same goes for that. I added one extracurricular that I started after I had submitted the application.

Anybody else interviewing this Thursday and Friday?

Just finished the interview day. Everyone was extremely friendly, and the interviews were conversational. Loved my time there!

Just finished the interview day. Everyone was extremely friendly, and the interviews were conversational. Loved my time there!
Awesome! How big was the interview group? What was the mix of IS vs OOS? How long was the interview itself?

Awesome! How big was the interview group? What was the mix of IS vs OOS? How long was the interview itself?
13 people in the interview group, including myself. All from Georgia except one from South Carolina. Two separate one-on-one interviews lasting 30 minutes each.

Status
Not open for further replies.