****The Official Harvard Dental Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

Me too. Ugh I'd rather they just gave me a definitive answer, even if it's a rejection.

Ugh that's brutal. I'm sorry to hear that.

Members don't see this ad.

not sure, but it can't be too large since they only interview ~120. do you mind me asking when you interviewed?

I interviewed the second week of January.

More waiting is tough! but its keeping the idea alive i suppose.. and that's pretty cool

Members don't see this ad :)
I assuming being accepted into one of the Ivies is like the movie, The Skulls.

we interviewed the same week then, i haven't heard anything though. not sure if that is good or bad :confused:

I'm wondering the same thing, I also interviewed around that time. I can't decide whether not hearing anything as opposed to waitlist means rejection or that we're still in the running for an acceptance. I know that people have recently been accepted though from early-mid Jan

I'm wondering the same thing, I also interviewed around that time. I can't decide whether not hearing anything as opposed to waitlist means rejection or that we're still in the running for an acceptance. I know that people have recently been accepted though from early-mid Jan

Just wondering, how do you know of those recent acceptances (who had mid-January interviews)?

we interviewed the same week then, i haven't heard anything though. not sure if that is good or bad :confused:

I wouldn't think very much of it. I think it is largely a matter of finding a time the the Committee and your interviewers can all meet to make decision.

Any current admitted students (or otherwise) have information on where HSDM in their admissions process? How many spots taken? How many spots left? Still interviewing? When do people usually hear about interviews (I've heard Wednesdays)? Anything at all would be helpful -- and palliating. Thanks in advance.

Any current admitted students (or otherwise) have information on where HSDM in their admissions process? How many spots taken? How many spots left? Still interviewing? When do people usually hear about interviews (I've heard Wednesdays)? Anything at all would be helpful -- and palliating. Thanks in advance.

I got the phone call for the interview on Friday, so I am not sure if they are giving out interview on specific day. My interview was in early Feb, and I have not heard back anything yet. I hope an update (a good update, hopfully:xf:) will be found out soon:)

Med school results came out yesterday, now only if the dental school would hurry up ... :p

This cannot be real. How is it March 6 and I still have yet to hear about an interview?! Someone please explain this to me.

This cannot be real. How is it March 6 and I still have yet to hear about an interview?! Someone please explain this to me.

Not to give false hope, but when i was there a student told me she interviewed in march and clearly she was accepted so you never know...

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to give false hope, but when i was there a student told me she interviewed in march and clearly she was accepted so you never know...

THANK YOU!! You are a wonderful human being.

Are there any updates from Harvard?

JLIM, have you heard from Harvard for an interview before? I'm guessing they are done with interviews at this point, but I still haven't received any word about an interview or rejection..

JLIM, have you heard from Harvard for an interview before? I'm guessing they are done with interviews at this point, but I still haven't received any word about an interview or rejection..

Yes, I got invited to an interview in early January, and interviewed there in early February..

Don't understand how my application could still be 'with the committee'...I haven't interviewed. Is an interview a possibility yet?

Don't understand how my application could still be 'with the committee'...I haven't interviewed. Is an interview a possibility yet?

Given the timeline for past application seasons at HSDM, I think interviews are over. You should contact them to be sure.

Sorry I was wondering in what form is the acceptance? Is it a phone call or do you get some card with your name on it? A friend applied and had card with hsdm logo and the persons name. Unless he's lying to the world please let me know!

Sorry I was wondering in what form is the acceptance? Is it a phone call or do you get some card with your name on it? A friend applied and had card with hsdm logo and the persons name. Unless he's lying to the world please let me know!

I believe it's a phone call from what I heard from the students there on my interview day.

This guys clearly faking it then? Honestly the card looks fake

I got a "holiday season" card from two different schools..... Maybe it was that? Haha, he's probably faking.

I just got off the waitlist today!!! They gave me 2 weeks to decide.. so there is still hope for anyone who's still on the waitlist!

Reactions: 1 user