****The Official Indiana University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

They have a spring selection meeting. I seem to recall it was early March, but I'm not certain. In the past they've told people who call when the meeting is.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them, and they said spring interview will be in the beginning of Feb, and their selection meeting will be in the end of Feb.

Any one are invited? in-state or oos?

Depends. I think one of the biggest factors is whether your OOS or IS. Because i know instate rarely moves and OOS moves really fast. So if your on the waiting list for OOS its good. If your on the waitinglist for IS. might be tough for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a feb interview, oos, but i'm probably going to cancel once my deposit at another school has been cashed.

Depends. I think one of the biggest factors is whether your OOS or IS. Because i know instate rarely moves and OOS moves really fast. So if your on the waiting list for OOS its good. If your on the waitinglist for IS. might be tough for you.

I don't think OOS is moving that fast this year.. Since December its only moved 2 spots. and that movement could have just been from people not wanting to be placed on or leaving the alternate list.

Last edited:
Ya sorry my bad. There is an alternate list. Thats interesting. I guess this year its going slow? Talked to Pamela. She says it goes by pretty fast. Guess we'll have to wait and see.

Seems like they stop sending in-state interview... :(

I don't think OOS is moving that fast this year.. Since December its only moved 2 spots. and that movement could have just been from people not wanting to be placed on or leaving the alternate list.

Keep in mind that it only moves if they want it to move. If Pamela says it moves fast, that's word from the top. Possibly they're waiting to see who comes up in the spring interviews to decide how many people will get invites/waitlisted before letting that list move too much. Just a theory.

Can out of staters get in state tuition after one year?

Can out of staters get in state tuition after one year?

nope. you're paying ~60k in tuition. when everything is factored (housing, etc.) you're prob looking at around 95k ish a year.

as an aside tho, it is a decent school, but there's no way that you can justify paying that much if you're out of state (unless it's your only acceptance of course). the school hasn't even gone digital yet. it is an older school. their claim to fame at the moment is a new sim lab

Last edited:
I see, there is really no way to get in state!?! That's not fair

Wow preDent thank you so much for letting me know, really appreciate it!

nope. you're paying ~60k in tuition. when everything is factored (housing, etc.) you're prob looking at around 95k ish a year.

as an aside tho, it is a decent school, but there's no way that you can justify paying that much if you're out of state (unless it's your only acceptance of course). the school hasn't even gone digital yet. it is an older school. their claim to fame at the moment is a new sim lab
I was accepted, but passed because of this. I really liked the school, but $95k is criminal.

I will happily go to my state school at 40-50k a year with living expenses included. Not as nice as Indianapolis, but I can think of a lot better things to spend 200k (before interest) on :D

Members don't see this ad :)
How do you know?

Sent from my Desire HD using SDN Mobile

They sent an email that was only supposed to be addressed to OOS applicant.

Did any other in-state applicants get the same email then another email a few minutes later saying it was a mistake???? Or was this just me.

They sent an email that was only supposed to be addressed to OOS applicant.

Did any other in-state applicants get the same email then another email a few minutes later saying it was a mistake???? Or was this just me.

yea i got the same email...

How do you know?

Sent from my Desire HD using SDN Mobile

Because they have been sending interview invites for alternate list only. I got an invite today... Pretty sure I'm declining. Good Luck.

Is the alternate spot for OOS only? How about the in-state interviews? Is it also for alternate spots?

I am OOS. Not sure about in-state.

I am also oos and got the same email. I would assume that the in state waiting list doesn't really move that much when compared to the oos waiting list. I wouldn't be surprised if that email was primarily sent to oos applicants.

I am also oos and got the same email. I would assume that the in state waiting list doesn't really move that much when compared to the oos waiting list. I wouldn't be surprised if that email was primarily sent to oos applicants.

Do u think that there r actual spots for in-state spring interviews, not for alternate list? It seems like there is no point to interview in-state for alternate list because the in-state list doesn't really move.

Ya I'm not sure but I would probably agree with you. I would say the majority of in-state applicants who get accepted to IU are probably going to go there.

Any news regarding the OOS alternate list. I know its moved quite a bit since December.

Any news regarding the OOS alternate list. I know its moved quite a bit since December.

The email that was sent out said we had until feb 15 to let them know if we are still interested. I doubt they will decide until after that date

Decide on what? If you would attend the interview for the alternate list? Or regarding students that are currently on the alternate list?

Decide on what? If you would attend the interview for the alternate list? Or regarding students that are currently on the alternate list?

Okay what I'm trying to say is that OOS applicants who were interviewed and not accepted received e-mails asking if they were interested in being considered for the waiting list. The e-mail said that they have until Feb 15 to reply. So what I'm saying is that I doubt they will decide who is on the waiting list until after Feb 15. :D

O okay I see so people that interviewed recently I guess. I've been on the alternate list for OOS since December now. Hope to hear from them soon I guess

I'm confused, is there a waitlist AND an alternate list? I got the email about the Spring Selection meeting in order to be "considered for the alternate list," so is there also already an alternate list with applicants on it? Thanks! :)

There is an alternate list already for OOS applicants. I'm not sure about the spring meeting and what it means.

Hi i do not know if you'd be able to get back to me in time, I have my interview on Friday and I was just wondering if you could give me any insight on what to expect! Is there any materials you suggest that I read before interviewing? I will update myself on facts about IU and review my personal statement. Is that enough you think?

THANKS!

Got my acceptance earlier today. Lots of loving this Valentine's Day!!! :love:
Was originally #18 on the Fall OOS Alternate list. Good luck everyone!

Anyone heard anything today yet??

Keep me posted!

Nope. Patiently waiting. Hopefully good news is coming soon...

Are you expecting them to hand out in-state acceptances today?

The committee is meeting today, that's all I know.

Are you expecting them to hand out in-state acceptances today?

The committee is meeting today, that's all I know.

I don't know when it will be. Hopefully we all got accepted this week... Yay... Pray pray...

I don't see any reason why they couldn't notify us tomorrow since they are deciding today. I've been waiting two years for IU. I guess we will see what happens.

I don't see any reason why they couldn't notify us tomorrow since they are deciding today. I've been waiting two years for IU. I guess we will see what happens.
Are they not telling us today?

I just got an acceptance email @ 2:50ish pm (EST)

I just got an acceptance email @ 2:50ish pm (EST)

Oh yea, I'm in state! I must say I'm still in shock. Did any of you other in-staters have to pay a deposit, as well?

Wow. I just got an acceptance email. This application cycle has been a roller coaster for sure but today is the day I have been waiting for. Congrats to the 20 or so that got in today. $1000 dollar deposit due March 13th.

anyone hear if they got on the waiting list?

Hi, I used watch the thread but never replied. But got the email around 4 today that I did not got accepted and had interview in September.

Got the acceptance email this afternoon!!! Very excited. I am in-state.

Hi, I used watch the thread but never replied. But got the email around 4 today that I did not got accepted and had interview in September.

I'm so sorry :(
did you apply anywhere else?