**The Official July 2016 MCAT Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ad2b

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Created.

July 8 exam = August 9 release date

Members don't see this ad.

Yup. Which is why I said bureaucracy. There are concerns about whether it is monetarily advantageous for them to wait a month, and politics involved, also with large organizations like this "tradition" plays a role too. The SAT didn't change their release process when they drastically changed the test when they reasonably could have. I suspect keeping the process the same is a motivator.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Its true, they definetly make more money waiting on month because of how many people (like me) sign up for a retake before getting their scores.

We can agree to disagree, I think you are correct in many ways but the single fact that it takes them 30-35 days to score a test with KNOWN experimental questions and a "predetermined" scale makes me rather skeptical, among other things.

I agree with you. Don't they "throw out" questions that were either extremely difficult or ambiguous to a point where most of the population got them incorrect? In essence, this is a curve. However, these questions technically were already asked over some period of time (but I am sure not all of them were) so I don't really know what the deal is. I agree there are some suspicions raised and none of us really know what's going down behind the scenes. We can't really say for sure... which is why I'm in agreement with you. There are many possibilities for how the exam is scored.

Reactions: 1 user
I just can't sleep anymore these days. This past week has been really rough and I can only imagine the next 11 days getting worse. I'm jut hoping for anything starting with a "5" at this point and just at least a 123 in CARS. I'm so scared:scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just can't sleep anymore these days. This past week has been really rough and I can only imagine the next 11 days getting worse. I'm jut hoping for anything starting with a "5" at this point and just at least a 123 in CARS. I'm so scared:scared:

Me too :( I feel like I can't wait any longer but at the same time I'll be too scared to check my score. I really hope it works out for all of us!! I'm 100% applying this cycle and I refuse to retake this exam another time (already took the old MCAT). Less than 2 weeks to gooooooooo!!!!!!

does anyone know what the consensus is about a 124 in CARS? (49th percentile) i've heard its closer to an 8 on the old scale based on the updated percentiles that came out in may 2016
Its an 8 which is still good enough to apply.

Hey guys late to the party but

510 (127/131/124/128)
Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised, but definitely disappointed with my bio score.

Is this score to low? Although I do have a *sort of* explanation for it (I decided to apply to med school at the end of my junior year of college, took all the prereqs in the last two years, have yet to take any upper level biology courses like biochem, molecular bio, etc) I'm wondering if I should withdraw my app this cycle or keep it in the mix and see what happens.

For reference:
cGPA: 3.89
sGPA: 3.97
I'm not sure about that Bio score but I would still apply, your CARS score is amazing and overall is good enough to apply broadly. I wouldn't retake unless you don't get in this cycle.

My son's first day of school is the 23rd so at least I have a wonderful distraction, especially if we get the afternoon release.

Reactions: 2 users
trying to re-study for the MCAT while waiting for the score to come out next week is like the ninth ring of hell
LOL that just shows how bad I'm feeling, wrong math
lol feel ya....sitting here trying to study just in case I have to retake it in September and it's brain farts left and right.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im going to stay up all night doing something. Then sleep through the score release , I would be a mess if I stay awake that day

Question -- did anyone have their system crash during their exam? Thanks!

-7/9 test taker in Los Angeles

No - you had this happen? Did you file an exam report? How terrible that this happened to you. Even in the best case scenario where you didn't lose any time, it still probably would rattle your nerves.

I didn't file an exam report, but I did note it on the questionnaire immediately following the exam. In the midst of my end-of-exam delirious moment, I can't even recall if that questionnaire was for prometric or aamc. I learned after the five-day deadline that we could have written a letter to them noticing them. Maybe I should try to call in after the fact?

No - you had this happen? Did you file an exam report? How terrible that this happened to you. Even in the best case scenario where you didn't lose any time, it still probably would rattle your nerves.

I didn't file an exam report, but I did note it on the questionnaire immediately following the exam. In the midst of my end-of-exam delirious moment, I can't even recall if that questionnaire was for prometric or aamc. I learned after the five-day deadline that we could have written a letter to them noticing them. Maybe I should try to call in after the fact?

I took the test on 7/8 and apparently 5-8 peoples' exam crashed for ~5-10 minutes during the B/B section at my test center. Apparently, they were offered to retake on 7/9 or reschedule for later dates, free of charge, but I'm not sure anyone took up the offer. You should definitely call or something, but it might be too late since the scores were already released.

Hey guys late to the party but

510 (127/131/124/128)
Overall, I'm pleasantly surprised, but definitely disappointed with my bio score.

Is this score to low? Although I do have a *sort of* explanation for it (I decided to apply to med school at the end of my junior year of college, took all the prereqs in the last two years, have yet to take any upper level biology courses like biochem, molecular bio, etc) I'm wondering if I should withdraw my app this cycle or keep it in the mix and see what happens.

For reference:
cGPA: 3.89
sGPA: 3.97

I have a somewhat similar score but flipped CARS/BB

509: 128/123/130/128

Not applying this cycle anway but dont know if I should retake. Thoughts?

I have a somewhat similar score but flipped CARS/BB

509: 128/123/130/128

Not applying this cycle anway but dont know if I should retake. Thoughts?
It is a 7 so I think you would be alright, 12/7/13 would be how your score would kinda look on the old scale so I think you would still be alright. I bet you could do a lot better though so I would personally retake if I were you, I had a 129/125/128/127 and I retook and was very happy I did. 509 is a rather confusing spot haha, just tough to tell whether to retake or not. Your score in BB and PS indicate you could definitely score above a 125 in CARS though.

It is a 7 so I think you would be alright, 12/7/13 would be how your score would kinda look on the old scale so I think you would still be alright. I bet you could do a lot better though so I would personally retake if I were you, I had a 129/125/128/127 and I retook and was very happy I did. 509 is a rather confusing spot haha, just tough to tell whether to retake or not. Your score in BB and PS indicate you could definitely score above a 125 in CARS though.

I don't feel like I can score any better on CARS... 127/122/127/128. I just don't get that section.

Hey July 22 testers what are your coping mechanisms for keeping your mind off the test? It's all I can think about and I've already gone for a run and unsuccessfully tried to focus on a book. I don't currently have a TV or wifi so Netflix binging is out

I don't feel like I can score any better on CARS... 127/122/127/128. I just don't get that section.
I really believe you can, its all in your head. Fundamentally, there is something that just has not clicked with you yet for CARS, I dunno if you are planning on retaking but perhaps a CARS instructor might be the way to go since you said you already did like all the practice CARS there are? I seriously don't believe that if you can score that well in BB and PS that CARS is just not possible for you to improve in, I feel like a 122 is like 50% or less correct tbh which is very improvable from.

Hey July 22 testers what are your coping mechanisms for keeping your mind off the test? It's all I can think about and I've already gone for a run and unsuccessfully tried to focus on a book. I don't currently have a TV or wifi so Netflix binging is out

I try and think about how much worse pregnancy scares are and how I got through all of those undefeated. 4-0 homies

Reactions: 1 users
Okay now I am a nervous reck ... I don't want Tuesday to come and scared sh*tless but underneath it all I have a hint of excitement

lol guys...i just went onto AAMC to see if my MCAT score was magically already up and the July 22nd test date was no where to be seen under the "Most Recent Test Date" box.....please please tell me that's how it with you guys too

I did a good job of forgetting about tomorrow since I kept myself so busy the past week from enjoying drinks with friends, watching the ufc fights, and going to an awesome show lastnight but now... I'm getting real nervous ugh. I really hope scores come out early!

Reactions: 3 users
I've been pre-writing secondaries the entire weekend, which has been a trip to and back from hell. I really do not enjoy writing rhetoric and magic teicks about how much would I add to the diversity of X med school. But at least, it has allowed to distract me from worrying about my MCAT score. May we all achieve those magic numbers tomorrow!

I have planned out a full day of watching Archer and "Something strange" as a way to distract myself from the impending doom.

AMCAS doing to us

Last edited:
I try and think about how much worse pregnancy scares are and how I got through all of those undefeated. 4-0 homies
LOL if I have saved my "plan B" money from over the years applying to medical school would be not much of a expense

I have planned out a full day of watching Archer and "Something strange" as a way to distract myself from the impending doom.

Are you talking about the Netflix show Stranger Things? Soooo good. 10/10.

In other news, I'm internally panicking about tomorrow but trying very hard to stay calm. :dead: I have no idea what my score will be.

Are you talking about the Netflix show Stranger Things? Soooo good. 10/10.

In other news, I'm internally panicking about tomorrow but trying very hard to stay calm. :dead: I have no idea what my score will be.
Yes havent watched it yet but my gf cheated on me and watched couple episodes without me watching with her on skype :yeahright::rage::rage:. So I have a reason to be distracted until my scores release by trying to catch up

I'm dying while waiting for my score. 7/22 test date. Literally dying. In the existential sense, anyway. I feel like the bio section was a total curveball, and psych had a ton of stuff I wasn't prepared for despite doing all of AAMC and princeton material possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see my score drop 5 points from the AAMC practice. I really don't want to retake, though I am cool with DO so I could theoretically retake this cycle and still be okay. I've been studying in prep for that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users