**The Official July 2016 MCAT Thread**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ad2b

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Created.

July 8 exam = August 9 release date

Members don't see this ad.

I'm dying while waiting for my score. 7/22 test date. Literally dying. In the existential sense, anyway. I feel like the bio section was a total curveball, and psych had a ton of stuff I wasn't prepared for despite doing all of AAMC and princeton material possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see my score drop 5 points from the AAMC practice. I really don't want to retake, though I am cool with DO so I could theoretically retake this cycle and still be okay. I've been studying in prep for that.
I second you on being ok with DO. In reality, I am expecting anything from 490-520.

Reactions: 1 users
Full panic mode. I feel like throwing up... but trying to cope ahead. Got a 510 on AAMC Practice Scored. But the real test felt much harder.

<500 ... I don't want to believe that's possible. I will be extraordinarily disappointed and confused.
500-505 ... I need a better DO list, but I will try to keep my chin up.
506-510 ... I will be proud of a score in this range and push forward with my applications. 20 MD and 5 DO
510+ ... A girl can dream, right?

Reminder of how I felt after my test:

I feel paranoid that I accidentally chose to void my exam. The first option is to have the MCAT scored, right? :confused:

C/P :rolleyes: (internal :arghh: @ all the physics)
CARS :p
B/B o_O umm... okay... that sounds fake... but okay
P/S :shy: you were a little weird today but I forgive you.

My Prediction: 125/128/125/127 - 505
AAMC Practice Exam (Scored): 126/129/127/128 - 510.

Last edited:
Congrats on score! It's taking forever for my score to come out! I need it to hurry up lol

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on score! It's taking forever for my score to come out! I need it to hurry up lol
lol scores aren't out yet...I think Meowgical is just recapping her experience and her practice exam score.....in other news didn't sleep at all last night...these 7 hours are going to be hell =(

Good morning beautiful people! The day is finally here! Best of luck everyone.

Question: I know most historical scores are released around 3 in the afternoon, or less so around 8am but I was just looking at the AAMC Twitter and they posted the announcement for the July 8/9 test at 12:14pm saying they were up. I can't see the time of posts on SDN mobile. Is that right? I'm EST.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Question: I know most historical scores are released around 3 in the afternoon, or less so around 8am but I was just looking at the AAMC Twitter and they posted the announcement for the July 8/9 test at 12:14pm saying they were up. I can't see the time of posts on SDN mobile. Is that right? I'm EST.

I saw that too! I'm sticking to the twitter, turned on my notifications on my phone and am on high alert

Crazy question. I can't remember from my last attempt. When I log in to check my scores the date will appear and I just click view scores right it won't just pop up anywhere. Lol.

I saw that too! I'm sticking to the twitter, turned on my notifications on my phone and am on high alert

I don't have a twitter so just have to refresh the page like an idiot I guess lol. I know someone here will announce it!
I'm proud of how composed and calm I've been all month. Even now I feel relaxed, just want to know when I need to log in.

No no. I can't. Lol. Only my previous attempts. I'm asking will it it just show up like that and I have to click view scores? Or will I log in and just see the scores. I'm asking because I took mcat 2 years ago and I can't remember

No no. I can't. Lol. Only my previous attempts. I'm asking will it it just show up like that and I have to click view scores? Or will I log in and just see the scores. I'm asking because I took mcat 2 years ago and I can't remember

I'm sure that you'll have to click on the date and then it'll take you to another page with your scores

Members don't see this ad :)
Is Twitter the best way to keep tabs on when scores are released? I'm making myself sick... o_O

Is Twitter the best way to keep tabs on when scores are released? I'm making myself sick... o_O

Yep yep...they're really good on updating people...try to relax! Keep telling yourself you did your best! And have a good hearty breakfast and watch some funny videos until they release the scores

Reactions: 2 users
Good luck to everyone! I'm a 3rd time taker! Keep pushing towards your goal! Don't let the neuroticism get to you! One of my best friends is a first year, just started a few weeks ago and she took it 7x, yes, 7! Many people told her to give it up, look for another career etc. But no! She kept going! So don't let this test define you! I'm rooting for all of us!

Reactions: 2 users
I'm really proud of how calm I am right now. I slept like a baby last night and just woke up at 10am this morning, however, no there is no sign of score release. Eating a cinnamon-apple oatmeal and coffee for breakfast and will watch some funny youtube to chill. Good luck y'all, we all did our very best!

I'm really proud of how calm I am right now. I slept like a baby last night and just woke up at 10am this morning, however, no there is no sign of score release. Eating a cinnamon-apple oatmeal and coffee for breakfast and will watch some funny youtube to chill. Good luck y'all, we all did our very best!

I wish I could say the same... Constantly refreshing aamc/this thread/reddit while trying to keep track of my western blot :p

Dear AAMC,

Reactions: 4 users
I'm new to the thread, so I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Does anyone know what time previous MCAT scores have been released? Thanks!

I'm new to the thread, so I'm sorry if this has already been answered. Does anyone know what time previous MCAT scores have been released? Thanks!

So the past two test date scores were released at around 12:15 according to AAMC's Twitter, so expect scores to be released anytime between now and 5pm EST!

The twitter times are in pacific standard time, so the scores 2 weeks ago released at 3pm eastern, and were announced at like 3:10ish. I did some heavy stalking of the twitter page for the July 8 score release you see.

Oh boy lol hey at least I'm in the comfort of my own home and the only people to see my panic attack at noon were my mom and brother

The twitter times are in pacific standard time, so the scores 2 weeks ago released at 3pm eastern, and were announced at like 3:10ish. I did some heavy stalking of the twitter page for the July 8 score release you see.

I thought so. But the AAMC is here in DC so I considered that it may be in EST too. Gtk. I'll be picking up my son from school at that time so I guess I should leave my phone at home to not be distracted haha

I GOT A 510!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

afk crying joy

My Prediction: 125/128/125/127 - 505
AAMC Practice Exam (Scored): 126/129/127/128 - 510

REAL SCORE: 127/129/126/128 - 510

GOOD LUCK ALL!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
I don't think scores are released yet. AAMC always tweets out right when they release scores.
Don't worry guys! There would be a lot more people posting scores if they were released. Good luck :)

I screwed up sooo royally. Going to have to retake, and perhaps have another gap year. I'm glad I got my letters of rec sent to interfolio since I am nontrad an all..