The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't hear back from anywhere till at least november. so excited to see where you and others in this thread hear back from!

Really?? Haven't you interviewed at like ten schools? And none of them will get back to you by the 15th?? That's crazy. But I am very excited too lol. I just wish Case would get back to me on the 15th but I know it won't happen :(

Last year I think people who interviewed on October 8th or earlier got a decision from Case on the 15th. I interviewed on the 9th so I still have a glimmer of hope... But not really.

Really?? Haven't you interviewed at like ten schools? And none of them will get back to you by the 15th?? That's crazy. But I am very excited too lol. I just wish Case would get back to me on the 15th but I know it won't happen :(
yeah haha but none of them meet till november, except pritzker but it only decides on 3 days (oct 15, dec something, and feb). cornell and pitt are non rolling. the wait is killing me

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I think I'm giving myself an aneurysm waiting for the 15th. And of course I don't work the couple days leading up to it so I'm going crazy. I really hope they let us know on the 14th at midnight! :boom::boom::boom:

Guys I think I'm giving myself an aneurysm waiting for the 15th. And of course I don't work the couple days leading up to it so I'm going crazy. I really hope they let us know on the 14th at midnight! :boom::boom::boom:

Dude same, I'm making myself sick, I think about it every fifteen minutes and get that horrible butterflies in the stomach feeling.

Reactions: 1 user
We'll get through this together, Lanny! Haha.

It's so close to being over, I can't wait.
What's extra torturous is that I know that the school that will get back to me on the 15th doesn't send the decision through email, you just get a status change email and then have to log onto the portal to check. I will probably **** myself from anxiety trying to log on.

CCCUUUUBBBBBBBBBIIIEESSS! :beat:(if that horse was a cardinal)

Definitely gonna scoot my butt over to Chicago to watch a world series game. Wrigleyville is going to be on fire. Literally, it will probably burn to the ground.

Reactions: 1 users
CCCUUUUBBBBBBBBBIIIEESSS! :beat:(if that horse was a cardinal)

Definitely gonna scoot my butt over to Chicago to watch a world series game. Wrigleyville is going to be on fire. Literally, it will probably burn to the ground.

Omg I actually watched part of the game at work and I got so excited when they won, I started jumping up and down in front of customers.
Don't worry, if it does start on fire, the tears of emotional Chicagoans will put the fires out.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hope everyone who has had an interview hears good news tomorrow! It's crazy to think we could finally be accepted somewhere in less than 24 hours.

Not sure whether I should be excited for a possible acceptance or terrified of a possible rejection :nailbiting:

I am trying not to be excited/anxious. Only one school can give me an acceptance tomorrow, with the other one by Halloween. I also interview on Friday at Iowa so that can help me keep my mind off of things.
Meanwhile, I have two B in non-science classes and I don't GAF enough to do much right now.

LOL the stress is getting to me. I was listening to Hey Jude on youtube and then the next song it played was Let It Be, and I was like "hey this song is perfect for my mood right now, 'let it be, let it be, there will be an answer, let it be'". And then I started cracking up at the fact that this stupid Beatles song was actually comforting me about October 15th. And then for no apparent reason I got really emotional and started tearing up. All of this while sitting in the middle of the student center.

Reactions: 2 users
Now time to relax and watch all of you waiting for tomorrow hehe

finally watching the democratic debate. republican debate looks like a joke compared to this

Last edited:
Now time to relax and watch all of you waiting for tomorrow hehe

finally watching the democratic debate. republican debate looks like a joke compared to this

I am so jealous rn. I should be studying for my anatomy exam but I'm so nervous I can't concentrate, I opened the textbook and was like "nope" and immediately closed it again. So now I'm watching The Sopranos.

I am so jealous rn. I should be studying for my anatomy exam but I'm so nervous I can't concentrate, I opened the textbook and was like "nope" and immediately closed it again. So now I'm watching The Sopranos.
I'm jealous that you find out tomorrow!! at least you will get feedback on how you are doing in interviews. hope it's good news :)

I'm jealous that you find out tomorrow!! at least you will get feedback on how you are doing in interviews. hope it's good news :)

I just realized I have to go to lab group tomorrow... I am not going to be able to sit quietly for an hour not checking my email.... Omg I just want this to be over with!

ARGH! Sorry, just finally home from school. It really sucks that my mom knows too much about this process. She is being so supportive but it is bugging me. Most of my friends at school have no idea that I could come back from fall break with an acceptance, but if I don't get an acceptance, she will know. I just can't handle that sad smile and pep talk that will be coming.

omg saw notifications and thought someone heard back!! lolll I'm not even hearing back and I'm nervous for you guys

Oh =/ check your spam? Do they reject or is it just accept or wait list?
They reject, wait list, defer, and accept. I guess there could be delay cause people aren'y really flooding SDN with acceptances yet, but I think it's time for me to go to bed instead of pulling my hair out about it! Good luck to everyone else!

They reject, wait list, defer, and accept. I guess there could be delay cause people aren'y really flooding SDN with acceptances yet, but I think it's time for me to go to bed instead of pulling my hair out about it! Good luck to everyone else!
which school if you don't mind??

NO SAKS I DO NOT WANT YOUR 25% OFF DEAL I CAN'T AFFORD YOUR STUFF EVEN WITH 25% OFF I JUST WANT MY FREAKING DECISION SO STOP EMAILING ME.

Assuming the mail comes today, my family will know before me. I wish I were home to stand by the mailbox for the next few days.

I feel like such a bad person right now...my suite mate is out in the common room sobbing, I have no idea why...I know I should go ask what's wrong but I just cannot be comforting right now, I'm too anxious. And it's probably about her boyfriend and I'm so bad at dealing with relationship stuff. So I'm hiding in my bedroom. And I have to pee really freaking bad.

I hope you hear good news soon!
Thanks! I mean I think it's kind of weird that only one person on SDN has posted an acceptance, but I'm not holding on to any hope. If it doesn't happen than it doesn't happen and I still have plenty of opportunities!

My official status at UofM is "deferred". Could be worse, could be better! I feel like I have to wow them with some update between now and then though.