The Official May 22, 2015 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fenderboi930

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think many of you will agree that today is a great day to officially prepare for the May 22nd MCAT!!!

I was against the April 2015 MCAT because a typical 3 month schedule doesn't seem to work for
students and/or working test takers. With a little over 4 months of preparation we can go in with confidence!
It's all new and really scary--so let's kick MCAT butt together!!

I was also wondering, wouldn't many professional MCAT test takers and tutors want to take the MCAT 2015 as soon
as possible (April MCAT) so they can better they're material or teaching? Wouldn't that just destroy the curve?

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't get the email either, must be going out in waves.

Haha that's what I was telling my mom, "how can I get into med school but be terrified of driving a car? "
Because you can die while driving a car really easily..I personally hate driving! Your fear is warranted...

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh gosh, I just got an email and the subject line was Withdrawal Confirmation from "medicaladmissions" and I freaked out thinking I had accidentally withdrawn from a school, but it was just Georgetown which I never finished the secondary for lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Oh gosh, I just got an email and the subject line was Withdrawal Confirmation from "medicaladmissions" and I freaked out thinking I had accidentally withdrawn from a school, but it was just Georgetown which I never finished the secondary for lol.
This should go on troll thread

:( I failed my driving test. I'm so sad. I didn't even get to leave the parking lot because as we were pulling out of the parking lot she told me to turn left but I was stupid and turned right and so I automatically failed. And she basically told me I was a horrible driver and had zero control of the car.

I failed my driving test. I'm so sad. I didn't even get to leave the parking lot because as we were pulling out of the parking lot she told me to turn left but I was stupid and turned right and so I automatically failed. And she basically told me I was a horrible driver and had zero control of the car.
Don't listen to her! Go to a different location next time and breathe deeply. It took me twice to get my license as well.

Don't listen to her! Go to a different location next time and breathe deeply. It took me twice to get my license as well.

I dunno what I'm going to do though, I'm obviously not going to be ready to take it again in two days before I go back to school on Saturday. I have no one to teach me to drive in Cleveland so I can't practice there. I won't be home over spring break so I can't practice then. And I wasn't planning to be home over the summer, but now I think I'll probably have to cancel my trip to Europe just so I can learn to freaking drive.
I'm in such a s***** mood right now, I hate feeling incompetent.

Find a friend with a car and start off in a parking lot. You won't need long to practice-I am betting a day or two at most. Read the manual and visualize it. You got flustered, which happens in stressful situations. You can do this! And next time, find a way out to the suburbs to take your test.

Find a friend with a car and start off in a parking lot. You won't need long to practice-I am betting a day or two at most. Read the manual and visualize it. You got flustered, which happens in stressful situations. You can do this! And next time, find a way out to the suburbs to take your test.

=/ I've been driving for a week and a half and I thought I was doing great and I don't feel nervous at all when I drive. And I live in the suburbs so I did take it in the suburbs.
Only one of my friends at school has a car and it's a stick shift. So if I want to practice in Cleveland I'm going to have to pay like $400 to take lessons.

Members don't see this ad :)
For us the practice test is just driving in real parking lots and streets, it's not a course or anything.
Ohhh I saw this out of context and thought you were talking about the MCAT haha. I've been away for a bit from this thread.

Reactions: 1 users
I just wandered over to the allo forum for the first time, and now I'm sitting here wondering what I'm getting myself into. :laugh:
I am never going on that forum again.

I just got an email from my Spanish professor saying we have a 30 page reading due on Monday. What the actual ****.

Guys, I don't start classes till the 25th lol. How are you all in classes right now? And 12 credits is considered full time right? So I'm not too much a bum. Plus I'm taking comparative primate anatomy with lab and advanced molecular genetics, which are both pretty tough. The semester got too much of me and I haven't posted in forever lol I've missed the May 22 fam

Guys, I don't start classes till the 25th lol. How are you all in classes right now? And 12 credits is considered full time right? So I'm not too much a bum. Plus I'm taking comparative primate anatomy with lab and advanced molecular genetics, which are both pretty tough. The semester got too much of me and I haven't posted in forever lol I've missed the May 22 fam

WHAT. I am so jealous. We go back on Monday. I'm dreading this Spanish class, I already have a reading due Monday and a book to read by Wednesday, I'm gonna see if I can transfer into another class but the other class is full right now.

WHAT. I am so jealous. We go back on Monday. I'm dreading this Spanish class, I already have a reading due Monday and a book to read by Wednesday, I'm gonna see if I can transfer into another class but the other class is full right now.
That sux! Damn... glad I'm a state school low lifey haha

Aha I wish I had gone to University of Illinois though. So much more fun.
Oh, and I see you finally found my post on your profile page hahaha So what happened with you Lanny? are you still waiting for schools and stuff? Or are you pretty sure about one?

Oh, and I see you finally found my post on your profile page hahaha So what happened with you Lanny? are you still waiting for schools and stuff? Or are you pretty sure about one?

Hahaha oh yeah, sorry I never saw it.
I've got one more interview at UIC in two weeks, but honestly at this point I'm 95% sure I'm going to Cincinnati. And still waiting on Case of course.

I've got one more interview at UIC in two weeks, but honestly at this point I'm 95% sure I'm going to Cincinnati. And still waiting on Case of course.
UIC, is University Illinois-Chicago right? Sweet:) You rock!

Come on Lanny that would be our one shot to be classmates!
Of course I'am leaning toward Keck at this point, so they need to hurry up an send Flash an invite.

Come on Lanny that would be our one shot to be classmates!
Of course I'am leaning toward Keck at this point, so they need to hurry up an send Flash an invite.

Aha I was thinking about you the other day when the weather in Chicago was so miserable and I was like "UCD82 should definitely go to Keck" lol.

Yeah there is very little motivating me to stay in the Midwest for med school when the snow is blowing like this

Reactions: 3 users
I am pretty sure I am staying in the Midwest, so snow is going to be my new reality. On a good note, I got an interview at Loyola, so not all hope is lost for me yet.

Reactions: 3 users
Guys am I screwed? I was going to use 2014's taxes to fill out the FAFSA because for whatever reason my dad isn't filing his taxes until like late March. But I just found out that his income went up by like $100,000 in 2015, so I can't use 2014 because you can only do that if 2015 is "similar" to 2014. I can use the income estimator for 2015 but my mom said they won't have the info for that until late February. I know you're supposed to submit FAFSA asap, is it bad wait so long??

I would go to the Midwest for the right opportunity.
I have lived in that part of the country before and I have a felling that Chicago is a lot better than Nebraska.
However, at this point in time yeah I am leaning toward L.A. but finical aid could easily swing the decision the other direction.

Guys am I screwed? I was going to use 2014's taxes to fill out the FAFSA because for whatever reason my dad isn't filing his taxes until like late March. But I just found out that his income went up by like $100,000 in 2015, so I can't use 2014 because you can only do that if 2015 is "similar" to 2014. I can use the income estimator for 2015 but my mom said they won't have the info for that until late February. I know you're supposed to submit FAFSA asap, is it bad wait so long??
you can fill it out without tax info and put that in later when you have it. also most due dates are like March or April anyway

you can fill it out without tax info and put that in later when you have it. also most due dates are like March or April anyway

Oh so I can actually submit the fafsa now and then go back later and edit it?
Phew, thanks!
I wish I knew things about financial aid, I feel so dumb trying to navigate thru this.