The Official May 8, 2014 MCAT thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpawcannon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep, that just happened. And no, I'm not studying tonight. Are you cray cray? Just watching college football and opening my box from Berkeley Review that finally arrived. Prep commences tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

wait wait... so scores come out around 12-1 pacific time, or 3-4 eastern time? what time zone is their twitter account set to? for me in CA it looks like 12:10 PM was the last score release

wait wait... so scores come out around 12-1 pacific time, or 3-4 eastern time? what time zone is their twitter account set to? for me in CA it looks like 12:10 PM was the last score release
3-4 EST. AAMC is out of DC, so they're on EST too.

Members don't see this ad :)
We should update each other on where we all end up for med school. Wouldn't it be funny if some of us end up at the same place and become collectively known as the May 8 Kids. "You can't sit with us.. On Wednesdays we wear scrubs"

Reactions: 5 users
I just had a total "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!" moment on a conference call full of lawyers.
I'm not a lawyer.

Oh, stress. Why you make me so mad?

I should have taken the day off.

Members don't see this ad :)
im applying to sat tutoring jobs and seeing my old sat scores made me feel.... nothing. not helpful.

It doesn't seem to make sense that they would the PS-section in one exam somewhat challenging and then extremely difficult for another exam; Especially if they are trying to make the scores match up, I don't think you can apply with a higher score than someone because you got lucky and you had a really easy PS section. I feel like the would need to make them equivalent in regards to your final score.

It doesn't seem to make sense that they would the PS-section in one exam somewhat challenging and then extremely difficult for another exam; Especially if they are trying to make the scores match up, I don't think you can apply with a higher score than someone because you got lucky and you had a really easy PS section. I feel like the would need to make them equivalent in regards to your final score.
Maybe they make one PS hard on one exam and then another make the BIO hard. I honestly thought our bio was on the easier side

Maybe they make one PS hard on one exam and then another make the BIO hard. I honestly thought our bio was on the easier side

I'm pretty sure i'm proof of repression of traumatic experiences. I have absolutely no clue what was on our test anymore.

fyi, i've been reading this thread the whole time and thank you guys for keeping me sane through this tortuous experience! I finally decided to make an account to literally say just that.
Here's to hoping that we won't have to go through it again next month.....

Reactions: 3 users
Sony showed off their "Morpheus" which is a VR headset. Looks pretty cool but no real details yet. Lots of games, but nothing coming out soon it seems. I am liking Destiny though.
The funny thing is I pre ordered Destiny last year when it was first announced because I wanted a poster

Reactions: 1 user
2 hours till results come out. I can probably fit in 6 episodes of How I Met Your Mother at that time.

I'm pretty sure i'm proof of repression of traumatic experiences. I have absolutely no clue what was on our test anymore.

fyi, i've been reading this thread the whole time and thank you guys for keeping me sane through this tortuous experience! I finally decided to make an account to literally say just that.
Here's to hoping that we won't have to go through it again next month.....

Haha me too. I have a couple fleeting memories of the test but mostly I've completely forgotten every passage.

Reactions: 2 users
Prior to the test I planned on giving/cheaply selling my books to a friend taking the test. I've held on to them in anticipation of a re-take

I'm gonna wait until after work, so 6 PM EST. Not as nervous, but I really don't want to take this year again. We can do it guys! #May8crew

I took this test in late January, and got one point away from a score I would have kept. The physical sciences section this time was so much harder than both the test I took, and all of the practice exams that were offered. I felt like it was a different format altogether. Like practically everyone else, I am really nervous about my scores tomorrow. It does make me feel a bit better though to know that not all schools go off of your most recent MCAT score, and some will look for your best scores in different sections if (like me) you have taken it more than once.
This is the exact same situation as me! I was 2 points away from my goal, felt way better going into this test than the first one, and felt like I had taken a completely different test than the first time around. Let's just hope for the best, and good luck!

I think the worst part is that no matter how nervous I am, I'm gonna be even more nervous/feel like throwing up once 3:00pm hits...

The time between glances at the clock gets shorter and shorter. Right now its about every 2.3 minutes

Reactions: 1 users
Question for anyone who has a score, when we log in to ThX will it show the score there or will there be a date we took the MCAT and have to click that to see the score?