The Official May 8, 2014 MCAT thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpawcannon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep, that just happened. And no, I'm not studying tonight. Are you cray cray? Just watching college football and opening my box from Berkeley Review that finally arrived. Prep commences tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

That awk moment when the test screwed up your mind so much you didn't realize that you actually chose to void it so you go to check scores and they're not there haha with my luck

Reactions: 2 users
The time between glances at the clock gets shorter and shorter. Right now its about every 2.3 minutes
If you're indeed drinking, I expect your posts to get funnier and funnier the closer we get to 3pm :)

Reactions: 1 users
That awk moment when the test screwed up your mind so much you didn't realize that you actually chose to void it so you go to check scores and they're not there haha with my luck

I kept thinking I might have voided it but then I realized I took the experimental section...but didn't get a damn gc

Members don't see this ad :)
If you're indeed drinking, I expect your posts to get funnier and funnier the closer we get to 3pm :)

Haha well I am drinking but I can't drink much when I'm nervous.

Its funny when I watch sports with friends. Most people drink more when they're nervous, so by the end of a tight game I'm about 200% more sober than anyone else.

However I will probably get hammered if its bad....and hammered if its good. So tonight should be funny regardless

Reactions: 1 user
sitting here.....staring at the AAMC_MCAT twitter page. Constantly second guessing myself about whether it auto-refreshes or not....

Members don't see this ad :)
Lurker checking in here... I'm in Costa Rica atm. And I'm hoping my wifi doesnt cut out right at 1 here... also joining in and drinking cuban rum, while I watch this clock.

Hey you guys wanna see a picture of my dog?

tsZ14n8l.jpg

Reactions: 8 users
May 31 MCATer here wishing you guys good luck! Just as a reminder, these scores DO NOT define you. Everyone here seems like they worked really hard so regardless of what you get, you should be proud of yourselves. :)

Reactions: 3 users
I'm pretty sure i'm proof of repression of traumatic experiences. I have absolutely no clue what was on our test anymore.

fyi, i've been reading this thread the whole time and thank you guys for keeping me sane through this tortuous experience! I finally decided to make an account to literally say just that.
Here's to hoping that we won't have to go through it again next month.....

Welcome to the SDN commenters club mang :)

So who here is freaking out?

The morning of my score release, I considered dental and law school for the first time before heading to class since I thought I did so poorly. Turns out, I scored my AAMC average. It's almost as if they hacked my computer, saw my practice tests scores, and gave me my average score despite whatever I felt or seen during the exam.

The morning of my score release, I considered dental and law school for the first time before heading to class since I thought I did so poorly. Turns out, I scored my AAMC average. It's almost as if they hacked your computers, saw your practice tests scores, and gave you a scores despite whatever you felt or seen during the exam.

I would kill for my AAMC average. I'm freaking out but I know the end result one way or another, I will get into med school....at some point in time....

Reactions: 5 users

The morning of my score release, I considered dental and law school for the first time before heading to class since I thought I did so poorly. Turns out, I scored my AAMC average. It's almost as if they hacked my computer, saw my practice tests scores, and gave me my average score despite whatever I felt or seen during the exam.

They don't even need to hack my computer, I'll give them my computer for my avg aamc score!

Reactions: 1 users
i was consistently scoring at a place that i wasnt super thrilled with, then on AAMC 9 or 10, dont remember, i got the highest score out of my 6 kaplans and 7 other AAMC. i took that test like 4/5 days before the real thing so i was hoping i could just repeat that!
just know that if you got one score once, you can probably score it again! thats what im hoping
honestly, anything in the 30s, i would feel #blessed

Just to remain helpful for others, please post your scores (if you're comfortable) in the following format.

Test Date:
AAMC Average:
Post-test expected score:
Actual Score:
Comments:

Good luck everyone!!!

May 31 MCATer here wishing you guys good luck! Just as a reminder, these scores DO NOT define you. Everyone here seems like they worked really hard so regardless of what you get, you should be proud of yourselves. :)

So I'm going to admit I'm closely following this thread today even though I was a May 31er. It's making me terribly nervous just to see how you guys scored. I can't imagine what it'll be like Jul 1. But to be honest, the week leading up to the test was actually worse than the day of testing. Hopefully everyone does as well as they set out to do!