The Official May 8, 2014 MCAT thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southpawcannon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Yep, that just happened. And no, I'm not studying tonight. Are you cray cray? Just watching college football and opening my box from Berkeley Review that finally arrived. Prep commences tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad.

you guys are less than 24 hours away right? im praying for each and every single one of you guys ... im sure you all did great

Reactions: 5 users
One beer for each point on the PS section. Looks like a 6 pack will do :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
it may be the hopeless and terrified part of me talking, but honestly, if I get anything above a 7 in PS and do decently on verbal and bio, I am saying goodbye to this test forever. Every test after ours has had a fairly difficult PS section and I think we got pretty lucky with our BS section (very little orgo). So I feel like the chances of getting a BS section like that AND an easier PS section are pretty slim.

Yeah, this whole year is probably gonna be a giant cluster **** as far as the test goes based on the administrations so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care if I get a 35, f**k this test and all like it. Too much stress. Life is too short to make this many good people this stressed. I wish all of us were in the same place and had no obligations Wednesday, then the mother of all anti-mcat rager parties would ensue and all would be balanced in the universe.

I don't care if I get a 35, f**k this test and all like it. Too much stress. Life is too short to make this many good people this stressed. I wish all of us were in the same place and had no obligations Wednesday, then the mother of all anti-mcat rager partie would ensue and all would be balanced in the universe.
Despite what everyone's score is, we have all been united to help each other out. In my opinion all of us would make fantastic physicians because our end goal has been to help each other out. Good luck to everyone tomorrow and I am sure everyone will do great

Thought I'd get the format ready for us tomorrow ladies and gentlemen. Please Copy/Paste this to make it easier for us and others to see scores.

Test Date: 5
/8/14
Post-Test Expected Score: XX-YY
Actual Score: XX (XX PS / XX VR / XX BS)
Comments: Blah

Well guys and girls the day is here. Now I can't sleep and feel about the same as I did the night before the exam.
Only have a half day of work tomorrow so I'm going to buy a six pack or maybe even a twelve pack or even some Johnny walker black label depending on how I'm feeling at lunch tomorrow.
Have a few drinks before I check my scores then continue in celebratory fashion afterwards (wishful thinking)!
I'm praying that each and everyone one of you gets to do the same. Best of luck to you all.

Reactions: 1 user
On the bright side, there is no way I can do as bad as I did the first time I took it.

Best fortune to everyone!

Can't sleep either. Even though I wanted to check on June 11 I might just check tomorrow. I'm really really hoping I get lucky or something. I'm not really a lucky person but if there ever is a time I get lucky, I hope it's with this mcat.

Members don't see this ad :)
6/10/14, a moment of truth for us all. If anyone cares to add me on Facebook, please look for...

Zelig Kopel...

I'd like to continue following those of you out sharing this moment of truth with me.

And good morning everyone!

Judgement Day is upon us. Hide yo kids, hide yo wife, hide yo pride.

Ugh you guys I signed up to take it again this Friday. Should I look at my score before? Or will it take too much of an emotional toll...

I know I said I'd stay off the internet except I wanted to share this: I couldn't sleep last night BUT I reached a score of 149 on flappy bird so even if I get a 5 on PS, I still know who the REAL winner is..........

Reactions: 4 users
When I click on that link, or go to it from twitter, it says 4:12 PM - 28 May 2014. Same for all other releases I looked at, just after 4:00. Not sure whats up with that if it says 3 for everyone else!

It actually says 12:12 pm for me... I'm on the East coast.

Have you all already gotten your trial section gift card? I don't think I have which makes me think that the real scores won't be out today since technically it says tentative release date....

Have you all already gotten your trial section gift card? I don't think I have which makes me think that the real scores won't be out today since technically it says tentative release date....
Gift cards have already been handed out already unfortunately

I think those people that actually got trial scores and gc got them already

I got my gift card and was told i got 66% right on the trial section (top quarter) almost 2 weeks ago. Wish they sent out the real score then too...

Is the vacation over? Compared to all the effort I put in studying for the MCAT, life and everything else has lately seemed so easy... Lol

I got my gift card and was told i got 66% right on the trial section (top quarter) almost 2 weeks ago. Wish they sent out the real score then too...

Oh nice. I got a gift card but my email didn't say anything about my score on the trial section.

Is the vacation over? Compared to all the effort I put in studying for the MCAT, life and everything else has lately seemed so easy... Lol
+1. It took me over a week to get used to not studying everyday after work.

Please powers that be, unseen and seen, let me be a doctor. I will always have compassion for patients and strive to ease the pain of life on this earth. Pleaaase!

Reactions: 1 users
How about a little drinking game? Every time someone gets higher than a 5 on PS take a shot. If it's 5pm and we're all still sober we might have a problem

Reactions: 3 users
I know I said I'd stay off the internet except I wanted to share this: I couldn't sleep last night BUT I reached a score of 149 on flappy bird so even if I get a 5 on PS, I still know who the REAL winner is..........

Real talk geometry dash is where it's at. I'm obsessed. But high five to the 149 on flappy bird. Your determination is inspiring lol I was stoked to get 54... Can I still be a winner too?

How about a little drinking game? Every time someone gets higher than a 5 on PS take a shot. If it's 5pm and we're all still sober we might have a problem

I can't partake till after work. I set up most of my tests yesterday, so unfortunately today is a slow day in lab. I say unfortunately because every spare minute I have is spent dwelling on this. I'm honestly thinking I'm gonna be the guy who gets like a 15 on the real thing and everyone else is gonna be like "40 OMG WUTTT."

Promise you guys will love me anyway?

Reactions: 4 users
Dam this test administration seemed horrible.. why do people keep saying AAMC is fair, AAMC is same difficulty as the real MCAT... just so unfair.. really hope my test isnt like this

I find it helpful to remember some numbers to keep things in perspective. These are all the AAMC's numbers from 2013 for U.S. medical schools.

Mean score for all takers: 25.4
Mean score for all applicants: 28.3
Mean score for all matriculants: 31.3

Percentile rank vs. all testers:

26: 54.5% (top half)
28: 66.8% (top third)
30: 78.1%
33: 90.6% (top tenth)
38: 99.0% (it can't possibly make any difference after this)

Reactions: 1 users
In case anyone is wondering, logging in at 11:25 and then hitting refresh every 2-3 minutes did not seem effective in getting my results released sooner.

In case anyone is wondering, logging in at 11:25 and then hitting refresh every 2-3 minutes did not seem effective in getting my results released sooner.

You should have said something earlier and I could have saved you time! It wasn't effective at 9:15am either.

If my score is below a 26, I think I'll become a screenwriter. I would write the sequel to Office Space where they all work at AAMC, and Milton would be responsible for releasing MCAT scores. The problem is that Mr. Lumberg keeps moving Milton's desk around, and that's why it takes 30-35 days.