2018 *** The Official Nova Class of 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how many applicants Nova accepts from the wait list after Dec 1st ?
what were stats last year?

Does anyone know how many applicants Nova accepts from the wait list after Dec 1st ?
what were stats last year?
I remember I had read that for IS they had 77 students accept their invitation, but had actually accepted 190 IS applicants. This being said, not sure how many of them were waitlisted vs post dec interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm gonna rescind my acceptance tomorrow, good luck to those on the waitlist. Hope you get my spot!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone get a background check e-mail that we have to complete? It says one of the schools I was accepted to requires us to do this.

Did anyone get a background check e-mail that we have to complete? It says one of the schools I was accepted to requires us to do this.

HiloH : which school you choosing?

Hi for those who have gotten accepted - did y’all get an email yet about it? Or just a phone call so far?

Hey! For those of you who live in South Florida, have any of you heard of or taken the hands-on pre dental course that is being offered at FAU? "Intro to Dentistry and Lab"

Yeah. I did it in spring of 2015..

But they discontinued it due to issues with the school. I believe they're offering an online segment though.

I'd like your input(s) on this topic that I've been researching for NOVA. How is their clinic/sim lab? I've been doing some research and can't come to a clear answer. I want to feel confident knowing that if I attend NOVA I'll acquire all the proper skills I need to become a successful dentist. Also, I heard that you have to find your own patients? Anyone know how true that is?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd like your input(s) on this topic that I've been researching for NOVA. How is their clinic/sim lab? I've been doing some research and can't come to a clear answer. I want to feel confident knowing that if I attend NOVA I'll acquire all the proper skills I need to become a successful dentist. Also, I heard that you have to find your own patients? Anyone know how true that is?

D4/D3 team up as a pair and kind of hand over patients. Do not necessarily have to find your own patients. And there’s some program they have where they can set you up with some as well.
Also, their sim lab is fairly new and incredibly nice in my opinion.

Reactions: 1 user

That is true, you have to find your patients and it is very hard in Ft Lauderdale. Many students travel all the way south past Miami for clinics. My friend travels over 1 hour to different clinics for patients. That takes lots of time just looking for patients and travelling. My friend is really frustrated , tried to transfer to a different university but was not successful.

That is true, you have to find your patients and it is very hard in Ft Lauderdale. Many students travel all the way south past Miami for clinics. My friend travels over 1 hour to different clinics for patients. That takes lots of time just looking for patients and travelling. My friend is really frustrated , tried to transfer to a different university but was not successful.
I've heard otherwise from friends who are also students at Nova. They said that they don't have any issues getting patients and that they feel 100% confident practicing when they graduate (both are D4).

Reactions: 2 users
I've heard otherwise from friends who are also students at Nova. They said that they don't have any issues getting patients and that they feel 100% confident practicing when they graduate (both are D4).

I have heard the same.

I never got a phone call on Dec 1st but I just received an email congratulating me on my acceptance and encouraging me to join the Facebook group. I called admissions and was just told that there's a letter on the way to my address but they are not allowed to say anything else. what is going on?

I never got a phone call on Dec 1st but I just received an email congratulating me on my acceptance and encouraging me to join the Facebook group. I called admissions and was just told that there's a letter on the way to my address but they are not allowed to say anything else. what is going on?
What does your status on ADEA AADSAS say?

Thanks for all the positive input, I'll DEFINITELY keep my seat at NOVA after hearing that :)

ATTN: Current dental students pursuing the DMD/DO joint degree. What is your personal reason for choosing this pathway? Does having both degrees lead to a better salary eventually or is it meant so that you can serve more people? How long are the residencies after this 6 year program - 1 year for dentistry and 3 years for primary care? So 10 years total?

It is just hard to understand 5 years of DMD vs 10 years of DMD/DO = same salary though, right?

Hey everyone, I was waitlisted Friday, and today I’m getting a letter in the mail from them today (I checked online). Has anyone gotten a waitlist letter? Or should I fear this may be a rejection?

Hey everyone, I was waitlisted Friday, and today I’m getting a letter in the mail from them today (I checked online). Has anyone gotten a waitlist letter? Or should I fear this may be a rejection?
Where
where did you see that you were getting a letter ?

I would just call them but if it says "offer made" I believe you are accepted. But definitely call them first thing in the morning!
I did and was told that they could not confirm anything over the phone. I guess I'll find out when the mail I have coming from Nova gets here.

I did and was told that they could not confirm anything over the phone. I guess I'll find out when the mail I have coming from Nova gets here.

I’m getting a letter in the mail too, but my aadsas still says “wait list” so I’m confused.

Does anyone know if Nova is going to email/mail those that were waitlisted?

okay last time ima ask this lol. jesus, did nova pretty much just waitlist EVERYONE that wasn't accepted last friday?

makes no sense as to why they would, smh. but thanks for the answer!
If anyone lives locally can you call NOVA admissions and ask how many were accepted and how many wait listed?

Reactions: 2 users
I got a notification for a letter coming as well, I assume its the waitlist one.

Yeah. I did it in spring of 2015..

But they discontinued it due to issues with the school. I believe they're offering an online segment though.

They are offering it again next semester!!!

For those wondering, the letter for waitlist just states that you’re waitlisted. And your name will be added to a list of candidates for consideration if seats open. There is no info about where you are on the list.

For those who got accepted, did any of yall get an info book by mail or any forms to fill out.

I got a phone call that I got in, but no forms, not even by email

I got a letter with a few forms. I have given up my spot and hope someone else is lucky enough to get the spot!!

Reactions: 3 users
I still have not decided yet. Im waiting on one school and still deciding between two others.
how soon after the call did you get the forms?
haha im likely not going to nova. but where my forms at tho??? they slackin'

how soon after the call did you get the forms?
haha im likely not going to nova. but where my forms at tho??? they slackin'

Why troll them if you aren’t going there? Just sit back and wait. No reason to complain when you aren’t going to the school. I had a great experience it just didn’t make sense financially for me since I’ve gotten into a school near me which is cheaper.

Reactions: 3 users
Why troll them if you aren’t going there? Just sit back and wait. No reason to complain when you aren’t going to the school. I had a great experience it just didn’t make sense financially for me since I’ve gotten into a school near me which is cheaper.
did you miss the "likely" part of my initial post?

You’re waiting on stony and have Penn, we all know you aren’t going to Nova.
Actually, Nova offered me a scholarship, so it is a possibility. Please don't make judgements. I just made a joke, without evil intent whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.