****The Official OHSU Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

As long as they are one on one, both type sound great to me. When I interviewed for dental hygiene school they were group interviews... I obviously did fine, but then you have to think about how to politely interrupt someone to get your chance to talk! It was pretty stressful. :)

Members don't see this ad.

@CraigHack Yes, you're right.
@andkhn It is an open file interview. They see your whole application and will look at it while interviewing you. Asking questions that are related to your experience and classes you have taken. Why did you receive this bad grade here and there ( if you had any) Or they have already looked at it and made questionnaire based on your application beforehand.

Got an interview invite today via email.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
interview invite! OOS - CA

Lucky! I'm still waiting... Do you guys think it matters at this point if you took the DAT late (sept 1st) as far as how soon you get picked for an interview?

Lucky! I'm still waiting... Do you guys think it matters at this point if you took the DAT late (sept 1st) as far as how soon you get picked for an interview?

Doesn't really matter. Near the end of the term (year) they will have an academic update where you can update your term and scores. It takes roughly/up to 4 weeks after your exam date will your schools receive your new score. Unless this is your first time taking then usually OHSU wait til they have your score before they review your application. But at this point it should be fine and I assume they have received your score. OHSU pretty slow with admission.

Doesn't really matter. Near the end of the term (year) they will have an academic update where you can update your term and scores. It takes roughly/up to 4 weeks after your exam date will your schools receive your new score. Unless this is your first time taking then usually OHSU wait til they have your score before they review your application. But at this point it should be fine and I assume they have received your score. OHSU pretty slow with admission.
Thanks! It was my first time taking the DAT and I've called to see if they have everything...they say yes. How appropriate is it for me to call again and see where my application is? I sure don't want to annoy them.

Called OHSU today to schedule an interview and this is more for others who may be in the same situation as me. But Im pretty much booked this month for interviews and December Im unavailable to interview as well because of finals and all the other make up tests I will be doing because of all my absences from school this month.

So I asked if it would be a disadvantage for me to do my interviews in January/February and they said not at all. They told me they do the bulk of their interviews during those months anyways.

So yeah, just a letting you know in case any of you may also not be able to do your interviews till then.

Called OHSU today to schedule an interview and this is more for others who may be in the same situation as me. But Im pretty much booked this month for interviews and December Im unavailable to interview as well because of finals and all the other make up tests I will be doing because of all my absences from school this month.

So I asked if it would be a disadvantage for me to do my interviews in January/February and they said not at all. They told me they do the bulk of their interviews during those months anyways.

So yeah, just a letting you know in case any of you may also not be able to do your interviews till then.
Those are encouraging words. Thanks

Thanks! It was my first time taking the DAT and I've called to see if they have everything...they say yes. How appropriate is it for me to call again and see where my application is? I sure don't want to annoy them.
Just wait it out. They are notoriously and self-admittedly slow.

Members don't see this ad :)
Invitation for interview! Interviewing next week :banana:

Last edited:
OHSU :)
Notification date: 11/13
Method of notification: Email
Residency:Ca
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/25/15
Application complete date: 6/12/15
GPA (science, overall): 3.94 , 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/22/20/24/none

Howdy!

Dane I'm curious where you got the above group info? The DS1's have set up a Facebook class page for the Class of 2020. The idea being we can answer questions and share resources with you before school starts then delete ourselves from your page once your class officers are elected. I wasn't going to post the page until the first round of acceptances tomorrow....but here it is

https://www.facebook.com/groups/617077601765857/

I searched and found it. So nervous. Going to chill in the MU or go to peakcock for a beer (;
Thanks for making the group-you are the creator, sorry forgot your name.

I'm Paul by the way!

Weird on the group - we try to keep them secret on Facebook so not just anybody can find them. It's a hugely valuable resource and we want to make sure your class all gets in the same one :)

Don't stress - OHSU interviews people they want ;)

Good luck!

Good luck to all those nervously / anxiously awaiting a potential acceptance tomorrow!

Is that it for OR? Do they send more tomorrow or something?

Is that it for OR? Do they send more tomorrow or something?
There should be plenty more! I got an email post-interview that said they only send out "limited" acceptances on Dec 1st and the rest will be rolled out over the next few months

Accepted for OHSU SOD Class of 2020 :D

There should be plenty more! I got an email post-interview that said they only send out "limited" acceptances on Dec 1st and the rest will be rolled out over the next few months
Yeah I interviewed there in begining of November and received the email too. I was just hoping to hear some good news today.

Accepted yesterday. Around 3:30 PM PT. Interviewed on November 12th.

Did you receive the email around 3:30 too? Or just now? When did you interview there?

Hey carb. I'm on the same boat as u. Did my interview in November and haven't heard anything back. Do they send out more acceptance letters? Cuz I feel like we are being wait listed

Hey carb. I'm on the same boat as u. Did my interview in November and haven't heard anything back. Do they send out more acceptance letters? Cuz I feel like we are being wait listed
I seriously don't know. I interview in early Nov too and thought I did pretty good.
I wanna call, but I don't wanna sound desperate, even though I am HIGHLY DESPERATE !!!!

I seriously don't know. I interview in early Nov too and thought I did pretty good.
I wanna call, but I don't wanna sound desperate, even though I am HIGHLY DESPERATE !!!!

Lol same here. Thought I nailed it tbh. If they liked us they would've sent us the acceptance with all the ppl here. I just wanna know what I did wrong. Grrr

Anyone know if there is a facebook group already for the class of 2020?

Accepted today via email!

Reactions: 1 users
Congradualations!! Do you mind sharing your interview date and stats?
Interviewed: Jan. 4th
accepted the next day.
oGPA: 3.87
sGPA: 3.86
DAT: AA: 21 TS: 22 PAT: 20 (if I remembered those correctly)
Residency: UT

Interview Invitation
oGPA: 3.83
sGPA: 3.79
DAT: AA: 22 TS: 22 PAT: 24
Residency: International (Currently studying in OR)

I never thought that they interview international applicants! I love Oregon and OHSU's new facilities, so I truly hope that I will be accepted! Please!