The Official September 6, 2014 MCAT Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oxelhs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Bit early, but post here if you're writing on this date. For me, it's looking to be third time's the charm hopefully.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm obsessing over this one BS discrete that I was unsure of but I don't remember all the answer choices so I'm just stuck wondering ;_____;

I slowly begin to remember more and more questions... the one that got me was that one passage that you should know really well as a scribe..

how many questions was that alone like 6? lol fml

Members don't see this ad :)
It's probably a good sign that even in your nightmares you end up with a 24. My nightmares tend to have scores like 1/1/1. The first person ever to score a 3... ever. Granted, I expect to realistically end up in the mid- to high- 20s.

Would just like to say....had another nightmare that I scored 8/8/8. STOP HAUNTING ME MCAT!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
You guys still have hope for a decent score? :oops: In my head, I replay myself making little calculation mistakes in PS and moving through verbal questions too quickly.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You guys still have hope for a decent score? :oops: In my head, I replay myself making little calculation mistakes in PS and moving through verbal questions too quickly.

Yeah Im in the same boat.. I keep remembering some hard passages in PS and BS and for some reason convince myself that I got all of the questions wrong on them.. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised

I know it's hard, know it's hard~ ♪
To remember sometimes~ ♫
But you gotta keep your head up, oooooooooh, ♬
And you can let your hair down, eeeeh ehh ♪ ♪

I'm just here lurking. I totally forgot the "MCAT" :p

Any of you still feel exhausted after the MCAT? I know it's already been a week, but I've been feeling a lack of motivation. Not sure if this is also compounded by the fact that my SO are back to long distance. I just want to crawl into bed and eat ice cream...

Any of you still feel exhausted after the MCAT? I know it's already been a week, but I've been feeling a lack of motivation. Not sure if this is also compounded by the fact that my SO are back to long distance. I just want to crawl into bed and eat ice cream...

Same here, I feel so unmotivated right now to do anything. I was planning to do a full blown work out plan after the MCAT look great for my Hawaii trip but I'm just here lurking and eating kitkats while watching anime. LOL.

Looking at the aug 15 MCAT score thread is freaking me out. Looks like quite a number scored well below their average....

I have a scary, doomed feeling like that's gonna be me for this thread.

Members don't see this ad :)
You guys, the wait is killing me. I keep getting flashbacks to random problems i got wrong.

Where's the January 15th MCAT thread? I've kind of resigned myself to probably taking it again so...it'd be nice to get a thread started there too :)
Don't get ahead of yourselves boys, you still don't know how you performed!

xD I'm just hoping for a 30-31 balanced score :p
Are you applying strictly MD?

Are you looking to do that as a gap year job?

Hahaha. I was kind of saying that tongue-in-cheek although I am considering applying for the usual management consulting places that recruit from my undergrad (e.g. Bain, McKinsey, BCG, etc.) for the typical two year stint as a post-graduation thing; but that would mean my non-2015 MCAT would be too old two years out. And I theoretically could just quit after 1 year and keep my old MCAT valid but that would burn bridges, ruin connections etc. so we'll see I guess.

That's wasting precious time and money!
I'm currently working right now and trying to balance on my ECs. T.T

So hard...zzzz

Looking at the aug 15 MCAT score thread is freaking me out. Looks like quite a number scored well below their average....

I have a scary, doomed feeling like that's gonna be me for this thread.
Yeah it looks like they got a terrible curve. It's really scary to see all the low scores.

Yeah it looks like they got a terrible curve. It's really scary to see all the low scores.

LOL Just spent 30 minutes reading that thread..I felt so bad for them! I'm really crossing my fingers for a generous curve for us. Physics and BS were hard!

Aren't all the exams already preset to a certain curve? Also, are there questions on the exam that aren't graded whether you got them right or wrong?

Aren't all the exams already preset to a certain curve? Also, are there questions on the exam that aren't graded whether you got them right or wrong?

Apparently they do some light wiggling to normalize everything. Like, only if the exam is super skewed? Most of it is preset--although some "arguably unfair" questions are thrown out (so I've read anyway)

LOL. I'll try to stop thinking about this. Anyway, what are you guys doing to pass the time?

LOL. I'll try to stop thinking about this. Anyway, what are you guys doing to pass the time?
Mostly studying for anatomy since there is so much damn material. This musculoskeletal anatomy class is going to rival my Biochem 2 class in amount of material

Mostly studying for anatomy since there is so much damn material. This musculoskeletal anatomy class is going to rival my Biochem 2 class in amount of material

Awe, I miss my college years :p Class of 2012 here :[ Are you graduating class of 2015?

Walking out of the exam center I felt pretty good and felt just like I should hit my AAMC average. Two weeks later, the paranoia is starting to settle in and I'm remembering random questions and trying to reinterpret them. Anyone else have these feels? Lol

I wish I double majored in music/arts or something. ZZzzzz. To raise up my cGPA a bit.

Last edited:
Walking out of the exam center I felt pretty good and felt just like I should hit my AAMC average. Two weeks later, the paranoia is starting to settle in and I'm remembering random questions and trying to reinterpret them. Anyone else have these feels? Lol
I felt decent after I submitted for scoring. However, paranoia set in during the third passage of the trial section and it has not subsided.

I felt decent after I submitted for scoring. However, paranoia set in during the third passage of the trial section and it has not subsided.

I don't know when my paranoia set in. I didn't feel good about the test, but once I realized that I made two mistakes on ridiculously easy PS questions, I really started freaking out. Still freaking out. I really hope everyone on here CRUSHES this stupid test.

T3T Come on MCAT Goddess D:
Give us good scores. PLEASEEE

Last edited:
According to the practice tests scales...I recall -4 or -5 being a 12 for PS and -6 for BS

Also this doesn't include taking away the bad and trial questions :DD
I'm delusional at this point :))
When is our ETA for score release?

There was also a good amount of people who got scores higher than they expected for those August tests!! Keep yo heads up

Based on those August test scores, not very nicee :(

Only august 15th had it bad from what I heard. However, I do know of some people in real life who took it that day who did way better than expected.