****The Official Temple University Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

On Thursday, I received an interview invite for April 1st. Its for a waitlist spot. I probably will decline at this point since I have narrowed down amongst other acceptances already.

I wish this had come a bit sooner.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just got an email for interviewing on April 1st for a waitlist spot.
Is anyone else going?
Also, which hotels did you all stay at? I only see a Best Western nearby.

Last edited:
Also received email to interview April 1 for WL. I'll be there!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email for interviewing on April 1st for a waitlist spot.
Is anyone else going?
Also, which hotels did you all stay at? I only see a Best Western nearby.
A girl at my interview stayed at a Sheraton, said it was about 3-4 miles away.

Can anyone tell some rules for the writing sample part? Is this informal or should be prepared?

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys. I graduated from Temple undergrad and know that there is a place to stay on Temple Main's campus called the Conwell Inn. It's on Liacouras Walk. I have never entered the place, but it seems pretty nice and maybe they could give you some kind of discount since you'll be interviewing at Temple. I can't say for certain so if you decide to inquire about this, ask if they give a discount. Anyways, it's about 1-1.4 miles from the school. I would not walk it. I would get a cab or take the subway to Allegheny which lets you off right at the school door. After the interview, there are some good places to eat back on Liacouras and you can get a drink. Just an idea, hope it helps.

Unfortunately I had to decline Temple's offer to enroll in their class. I hope one of you will be able to take my seat!

A girl at my interview stayed at a Sheraton, said it was about 3-4 miles away.
Thank you!

So what I've read so far, there's no one on one interview, just a video interview at the end for 3 minutes right? Did you all take the full time? Also, is the writing portion is just a couple paragraphs? Sorry, I'm just pretty nervous about the video interview haha.

Thanks in advance!

Hey.

There is no one-on-one interview, but throughout the day make sure you just be yourself in front of Brian when he tries to get to know you.

The person recording you for the video interview will let you know when you're at the 30 second mark if I remember correctly.

The writing portion is something you should be able to respond to if you prepared for the typical interview questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone who went to the interview on Tuesday April 1 know when we will hear back? I remember him saying Thursday or Friday but i'm not sure...

Hey.

There is no one-on-one interview, but throughout the day make sure you just be yourself in front of Brian when he tries to get to know you.

The person recording you for the video interview will let you know when you're at the 30 second mark if I remember correctly.

The writing portion is something you should be able to respond to if you prepared for the typical interview questions.

Thank you for the info! Most relaxing interview day I ever had. haha.

Does anyone who went to the interview on Tuesday April 1 know when we will hear back? I remember him saying Thursday or Friday but i'm not sure...

Hey guys I was at the April 1st wait list interview. I just got the acceptance email this afternoon. I hope you guys hear back soon!

Anyone got any respond so far?
^^ see above. I hope you hear back soon! There's still hope!

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you for the info! Most relaxing interview day I ever had. haha.

Hey guys I was at the April 1st wait list interview. I just got the acceptance email this afternoon. I hope you guys hear back soon!

^^ see above. I hope you hear back soon! There's still hope!
what time did you get the email?

wow congratulations!!!
Thank you! :D
Congrats!! I guess that means the rest probably got the wl?
Thanks! :D
Brian said at the 4/1/14 interview that about 5-9 spots opened up. So some from that interview day probably got in but the rest probably went to the existing waitlist.
-----
Is anyone else thinking of living near the Art museum/Fairmount area?

Do you know any other students get into the school who interviewed on 04/01? I just wonder is there still have open seat till now.

Thank you! :D

Thanks! :D
Brian said at the 4/1/14 interview that about 5-9 spots opened up. So some from that interview day probably got in but the rest probably went to the existing waitlist.
-----
Is anyone else thinking of living near the Art museum/Fairmount area?
too

Are you going to accept the offer? I was there on Tuesday and I haven't heard anything back yet
Yep, i'll def be going to Temple unless I get off the Tufts waitlist.
Do you know any other students get into the school who interviewed on 04/01? I just wonder is there still have open seat till now.
I don't know anyone else from our interview day. So I don't know if anyone else got in.

I interviewed on april 1 and got an acceptance email on april 3 :)

anyone hear anything from the waitlist? Or know when they are going to pick from the waitlist?

Does anyone advise that we send a letter, phone call or email to anyone to show our interest? Or does it not matter at all?

rejection without interview today

Offer to interview for waitlist... Will not be attending.

No I got offered the interview today for June 10th

And yes I did receive an email saying the class was full... Back in April.

From what I heard, Temple just decided not to have the PASS program and they are trying to fill those spots with freshmen. So some seats just opened up.

From what I heard, Temple just decided not to have the PASS program and they are trying to fill those spots with freshmen. So some seats just opened up.
Cool! Do you know how many spots that is?

Around 6 spots? Also does anyone know how many people are on the wait list?

What is the pass program? Is it the septa pass for discounted fare?
thanks.

What is the pass program? Is it the septa pass for discounted fare?
thanks.
yea I made it a bit confusing. it is Program for Advanced Standing Students. Essentially it was a program designed for foreign trained dentists. It is not a postdoctoral program (so I shouldn't have used PASS). Temple's program used to accept foreign dentist into D2 (I believe they were reserving around 10 spots) but this year they decided to just fill the class with D1's.