****The Official Tufts University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Anyone know of an individual health insurance plan that is cheaper than what the school offers? I think its 3 grand for the school year.

Members don't see this ad.

I had been wondering the same thing, so I went shopping around for cheaper MA health insurance last week. It seems like most other plans out there start at about $250-300/month. It's insane! It's like triple of where I currently live!
So I guess in the end its about equal to the school's plan.

I had been wondering the same thing, so I went shopping around for cheaper MA health insurance last week. It seems like most other plans out there start at about $250-300/month. It's insane! It's like triple of where I currently live!
So I guess in the end its about equal to the school's plan.

Not sure if anyone else has dependents, but they're included in the tufts plan as well, which is HUGE. Most schools only cover the student and then all family members have to get their own individual plan, which ends up being ridiculously expensive.

There's definitely a convenience factor if you stick with the school insurance as well. It makes it easier just to pop into the clinic and sometimes they have other perks for dental students. At my school, you are allowed 4 free visits to the chiropractor (ie, free hour long back massages) each year and PT sessions for anything else. Ergonomics is big in d-school and they cover you in every foreseeable way. Basically, even if you do find something that's a little cheaper month to month, it probably won't compare to the services covered by Tufts and the convenience of it all.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, is anyone else in this forum in the same boat as me and on the waitlist? I was wondering if anyone had any kind of insight whether they have started calling people off the waitlist, or how many seats are still available? Congrats to everyone who has gotten in already, and goodluck to those who have decided on other schools!

I'm still on the wait list too. I'm not sure when we hear back by

Just accepted off the wait list via phone! said email/paper mail will arrive next few days.

Congratulations! Do you know how many people are on the list and how many more open spots?

I wish I could tell you, but they didn't give me that info

Does anyone know if the school offers discounts for the MBTA (subway, bus, & commuter rail) monthly pass?

Does anyone know if the school offers discounts for the MBTA (subway, bus, & commuter rail) monthly pass?

You will have a chance to buy passes through Tufts for the semester that save you money over the normal passes.You can buy a semester pass for $220 and that's with a 25% Tufts discount. Monthly passes cost $45 with the discount. Tufts will send out a form once it gets closer to August.:thumbup:

You will have a chance to buy passes through Tufts for the semester that save you money over the normal passes.You can buy a semester pass for $220 and that's with a 25% Tufts discount. Monthly passes cost $45 with the discount. Tufts will send out a form once it gets closer to August.:thumbup:
:thumbup:

Anyone know if there is a forum for just tufts dental questions? Like hardest classes, etc?

I'm starting my first year in the fall and I found a place around 30-40 minutes commute in Newton that's incredibly cheap (500/month including utilities). This would save me around 10k a year. Would this inconvenience be worth the time traveling back and forth from school?

I just called Tufts, and a Link Pass (one that combines bus and train) is $249 / semester. Sounds like the MBTA is jacking its prices (as per usual)

I just called Tufts, and a Link Pass (one that combines bus and train) is $249 / semester. Sounds like the MBTA is jacking its prices (as per usual)

Fares and monthly passes are expected to go up an average of 23 percent starting July 1st according to the MBTA Board. I stumbled upon this link, http://finance.tufts.edu/bursar/mbta-passes/, with a complete breakdown of all the routes. I would anticipate that these figures will also go up an average of 23 percent.

Any more acceptances off of the wait list?

I've heard nothing so far. =( Pretty bummed, but I'm starting to reapply this upcoming cycle though, just in case...

Congrats to all those accepted. I'm a D15 and i can say Tufts is a great school. Any school will make you work extremely hard though, and Tufts is no exception. Do not spend your summer studying, it won't help. First semester Biochem and Anatomy are your tough classes. Then Neuro second semester, and third semester is pretty much a breeze. You'll have to stay on your toes though for most of your classes (like dental anatomy which has quizzes ever week, but is not necessarily "hard") My advice is relax, enjoy your summer, find an apartment soon, and get ready for a fun orientation! Congrats again!

For those of you looking for housing, I just graduated Tufts and live on Tyler/Harvard St and looking for someone to pick up my 2bdrm/1bath lease starting Sept 1. The rent is $1400 so split btwn 2 people it would be $700 + utilities (gas+electric). It even shares a wall with Tufts so you get decent internet 90% of the time. It's Chinatown so you just have to manage your expectations. You're getting a room really close to Tufts for $700, so its not going to be the St. Regis, but it's definitely not bad.

Here are some pictures:
http://imgur.com/a/o6TBw

The bathroom tile is actually completely redone so it doesn't look so bad, and the landlord is very nice and wants to keep this affordable housing to students of Tufts. PM me if you are interested. Good luck and welcome to Tufts!