***The OFFICIAL UConn C/O 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Incis0r

I LOVE Dental School
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome, everybody, to the thread of one of the greatest dental schools in the WORLD!
Best of luck to everyone, and here's to hoping that we are all fortunate enough to receive acceptances to UConn in just under six months :)

Also, @Scumbag_Steve (UConn Class of 2020) has graciously offered to answer any questions you may have about the school. He's the honorary UConn rep!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Welcome, everybody, to the thread of one of the greatest dental schools in the WORLD!

Best of luck to everyone, and here's to hoping that we are all fortunate enough to receive acceptances to UConn in just under six months :)
Good luck to everyone! :) anyone get supplementals yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Good luck to everyone! :) anyone get supplementals yet?

I think they just have a supplemental fee that you can pay on their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Have anyone heard back from UConn yet? I have seen a post stating that the earliest interview date for UConn is July 13th??? The only thing that I am missing is the committee letter. My school said that it should be uploaded sometime in this week.

I think they just have a supplemental fee that you can pay on their website.

Am I supposed to wait until an admission rep contacts me or do I just pay right away? I assume it's the latter, but I also don't want to throw away $75 if it's the former.

Am I supposed to wait until an admission rep contacts me or do I just pay right away? I assume it's the latter, but I also don't want to throw away $75 if it's the former.

You are correct- Pay right away.

Have anyone heard back from UConn yet?

Nope.

Last edited:
Interviews go out this week, according to last years thread. Good luck guys!

Reactions: 1 users
The first invites have in fact gone out, the exact same date as last year! Out of the ten people in my interview, which was the first one, there were 2 people that are current incoming D1s, so don't worry if you're not in the first group
Has anyone got an interview yet??

Has anyone got an interview yet??[/QUOT
The first invites have in fact gone out, the exact same date as last year! Out of the ten people in my interview, which was the first one, there were 2 people that are current incoming D1s, so don't worry if you're not in the first group
Thank you for the update :) Would it be via email? or the portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
Seriously, don't worry if you haven't gotten one yet! I didn't get one until mid-September

Reactions: 3 users
Ok phew thanks. I only got my application complete email a week ago so...

Saw your stats in the "Chance Me" thread- I'd be shocked if you don't get an interview offer. Don't worry!

@Scumbag_Steve - can you walk us through what the interview is like? You mentioned that there are ~10 people per interview day. Here are some more questions:

1) What is the general order of events on interview day?
2) Do you get to meet current students?
3) What was your favorite part of the interview day?
4) Any advice for interview day?

1) General timeline goes as follows. Start the day off with a presentation about the school, and opportunity to ask any questions to the admissions dean (who is very nice). This lasts about two-ish hours (9:00 to 11:00 I believe). From 11:00-12:00, it's a tour of the facilities with current students, who will be happy to answer any of your questions (they range from D1 to D4 and I hope to be a D1 representative for at least a few interview dates). For lunch, you get a $9 (roughly) voucher for lunch at the UCHC cafeteria, and eat lunch with more students. Interviews start at 1:00pm, and as soon as you're done, you're free to leave. Only two kids interview at a time (4 faculty members, so simultaneous 2-on-1 interviews), and they try to put people who have to fly out early in the beginning so they can get to Bradley on time.

2) See answer above)

3) I enjoyed all aspects of the interview day. Lunch was pretty good and you get candid answers from the students, all of whom are very nice and helpful. I enjoyed the interview itself as well. It was very relaxed and conversational, but I also felt like you are given the opportunity to put your best foot forward, and explain what kind of person you really are. At other interviews, I remember thinking to myself "I think that went well, but if only I had had the opportunity to explain this or talk about that". At my UConn interview, I walked out knowning that I had done as well as I could have possibly done, and I was comfortable with the fact that there was nothing more I could have done to try to get the adcom to accept me.

4) My advice for interview day is to just relax and don't overprepare. You won't be asked any strange questions out of left field. The interview is supposed to give you a chance to shed light on what makes you unique as an applicant and a person, have a conversation about you, find out why you're interested in dentistry, and to make sure you have the emotional intelligence and personability to interact with faculty for four years and patients the rest of your lives. If you're not socially awkward, you'll be fine; don't over think it and don't get nervous.

I know that you wouldn't ask me for specific interview questions @Incis0r, because your posts make it seem as if you're a straight and arrow kind of person, but in case any of the rest of you are feeling a little bit unscrupulous I'll have you know that I won't be divulging any interview questions to you, even if you think you can get away with it by asking me in a PM ;)

If anybody else wants me to elaborate or has any other questions just let me know.

Thank you. Good luck to whoever gets an interview at this elite, amazing program. Hoping to get lucky here myself!

1. I'm not entirely sure. Last year they said they interviewed about 180 kids, and there are about 10 kids per interview. They interview on Mondays and Fridays, with a few skipped (I think), and December 1st is a little more than 12 weeks away. Considering all this, it seems as if roughly one set of interview invites per week would be logical, but I don't know if they only send out ten at a time. They could send out more, or possibly fewer. Last year's thread would be the best place to check.

2. This election is an absolute dumpster fire. I haven't decided if I will vote based on strategy or based on conscience, and the two options yield very different choices. Hillary Clinton would essentially ensure that the next 4 years will be as similar to the last 8 as far as what can be controlled by the POTUS. I've done just fine, my parents haven't lost their jobs, and big bad China, Mexicans, Muslims, free trade, intellectually disabled people, women, decorated war veterans who are also Senators, North Korea etc have not ruined my life (I think you get the picture here). So in terms of strategy, in order to avoid the instability and uncertainty of a self aggrandizing buffoon who is at odds with "his own" party on many issues, not to mention at war with any semblance of the truth, and whom I think would make a disastrous President, I would vote for Hillary Clinton for all of her drawbacks (of which they are many, but at least if she's President I can sleep at night and my life will not suddenly or drastically change).

This is very much at odds with what I would do if I were to vote my conscience, with would mean casting a vote for Gary Johnson. While the Libertarian Party is a little out there, and full of preposterously stubborn hardliners, I feel like Gary Johnson strikes a good balance with fiscal conservativism, a stance that any reasonable human being would have on social issues, antipathy towards bloated Washington beauracracy, and international and environmental policies. While he stands no chance of actually being elected, it would be cool to see him reach the poll threshold to participate in debates, and shed some light on the party and the movement to restore individual liberties and more efficient government, while giving it a reasonable, successful, and not insane face.

I live in CT, a pretty safe blue state, so I'll have to track the polls closer to November to see if I need to cast a vote for Hillary to stop Trump from having any chance at CT's electoral haul. If I don't have to vote for her, I won't. If I have to, I will even though my views probably align more with Johnson than her's.

1.) Thank you :) I got my app complete just about a week ago so I'm sure it was too early to get an interview. My stats are 3.78sci 3.85overall, 24AA 24PAT if it helps. I'm really hoping I didn't get rejected from my first school :(

2.) I'm in Ohio so my vote matters a lot. I originally supported Bernie, but that's over. I won't support Jill Stein because she has no chance and because she's anti-vaccination as much as I love her social platform. As much as I want to vote third party, I fundamentally disagree with Johnson on key economic issues and gun control. But his military noninterventionism, social platform, and women's rights record are nice and his honesty as a candidate compared to Trump and Clinton is preferable in theory. However, in practice I think I'll have to vote for Clinton (ughhhhhh) because my state is so contested and what matters most to me is court appointments. I don't want an LGBT/Muslim/Jew/Latinx person hating man to appoint these people. In addition, as a bisexual person, a progressive Jewish person, and as a woman I feel like I have to do everything possible to prevent two of the most dangerous men to me from coming to power. However, I am not excited about this in any way and the only reason I'm coming to vote is for the down ticket elections, ~80% of congress seats are up for election this year so I gotta make sure the clowns keeping the Supreme Court empty (looking at you Mitch McTurtle) are outnumbered. Darn it, at this rate I may pledge my allegiance to Danerys Targaryen ;)

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Think we will hear from Uconn about the next set of interviews this week? Based on last year's thread it looks like they sent some out around July 24.

Think we will hear from Uconn about the next set of interviews this week? Based on last year's thread it looks like they sent some out around July 24.

I'm hopeful.

Hi guys, anyone have a interview yet? When is the dat they send out last year?

really? I did not see anyone post it. I must be overlook at it. OMG, I am worried now.!!!!!!
It is on this thread. Go to the July 13th posts. I also didn't see people posting it on the main thread

I submitted AADSAS and was mailed in the second batch. Then I paid my supplemental soon after. I'm not missing anything right?

Hi All,

I submitted everything pretty early (early July)... and I did not hear back from UConn.

I am an OOS applicant.

I just got an interview offer!!