***The Official UCSF Class of 2018 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Has anyone received their financial aid packet, either through regular mail, email, or on the financial aid portal?
I think the disbursement date of financial aid package should be close to when school starts. Scholarship is the only thing that people received now up to this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I actually got the call this afternoon! I'm accepting the offer! Good luck to all those waiting.

Congrats!!! Classmate :)

Looks like waiting list is actually moving pretty fast this year.

How long after you guys sent the deposit did the admissions office send you confirmation of receipt?

How long after you guys sent the deposit did the admissions office send you confirmation of receipt?

From the time I sent it to getting the receipt email it was 1 week. They did receive and cash in the check in 3 days though.

Depends on where you live. About 1 week if you are in CA. You can call Daliah Williams to confirm, but sometimes she is very busy.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1399012999.579036.jpg

It says here minimum C in all pre-req courses. Why were telling us B minus?

Tiesto, it says in the acceptance email B- is what you need in all your classes after acceptance to avoid an academic review, or something like that. I don't remember the exact phrasing, but the gist was get B- or better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Got it. Now I understand.

Thanks friend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I visited the campus yesterday to help a friend out for WREBs and then went to admissions. They said they would send weekly emails out starting in about a month for those of us still waitlisted.

Nope. Going to Pittsburgh for now. UCSF is close to home. 45 mins.

Yeee hawwww. ACCEPTED!

Reactions: 4 users
Yeee hawwww. ACCEPTED!
Yay!! Congrats dude! Doesn't it feel AMAZING after your long and grueling wait? Go party and celebrate. Then join the facebook group and get to know everyone. Enjoy your free time, I'm told, it's gonna be INTENSE come Oct 2.

It feels more than amazing! I feel like a million bucks.

Have you guys looked for housing? If so, where? What kind of budget do you guys have for rent alone, not including anything else?

Can anyone add me into the FB group? I have asked to be added for about a month now and nothing. I keep canceling and adding again, but nothing. Help?

Can anyone add me into the FB group? I have asked to be added for about a month now and nothing. I keep canceling and adding again, but nothing. Help?

Chill out. It takes a while. I think there's only one administrator who ads people and he doesn't check frequently.

Have you guys looked for housing? If so, where? What kind of budget do you guys have for rent alone, not including anything else?

check out the student budget for housing on the financial aid website, I think they say 1275/month for rent and utilities. That's about where my budget is. Some people are able to make it under budget, some a little over. It just depends on how many roommates you're willing to have, if you want to live alone or what area you're looking at. Most people are looking in the inner sunset, close to campus.

check out the student budget for housing on the financial aid website, I think they say 1275/month for rent and utilities. That's about where my budget is. Some people are able to make it under budget, some a little over. It just depends on how many roommates you're willing to have, if you want to live alone or what area you're looking at. Most people are looking in the inner sunset, close to campus.
Where are you looking that you find 1275/month w/ utilities???

Yay!! Congrats dude! Doesn't it feel AMAZING after your long and grueling wait? Go party and celebrate. Then join the facebook group and get to know everyone. Enjoy your free time, I'm told, it's gonna be INTENSE come Oct 2.
replied to the wrong one

Last edited:
I just got the call. My original waitlist number was #35. Good luck to everyone else waitlisted!

For those of you wondering about the immunization records necessary for us to submit, I found this today:
http://studenthealth.ucsf.edu/healt...zation-tb-screening/new-student-immunizations

Looks like our health portal isn't online yet and that is why we haven't received anything regarding immunizations. But I guess it doesn't hurt to start getting the info and the necessary shots ahead of time since it will take time.

Someone who was around 35-40 got in so I say you are now 4-8 probably

Someone who was around 35-40 got in so I say you are now 4-8 probably

WOW is it normal for there to be that much wait list movement? I was told there'd be like 20 or so people getting in, typically. But I guess it changes year to year.

Last edited:
I was between 30-35 originally and I got in the middle of May

I hope theres good news because the most recent update to the wait list is late. T_T

lol, delayed by a day, had a heart attack, but still relatively good movement. :)

Has anyone had trouble getting UCSF to accept a UNE biochem online course?