***The Official UCSF Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Got the call just now (later than I expected but I'm not complaining). Interviewed in October, OOS.
Same here!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Got the acceptance call around 10am. Interviewed on Jan 11th!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I met Dr. Featherstone personally today and he said today he gave out 15 acceptances. Last time I interviewed they said the class is filled up with 44 spots. So 44+15= 59 spots filled now if everyone got accepted today is attending... ( the class size is 88-90 fyi)

Reactions: 1 user
I met Dr. Featherstone personally today and he said today he gave out 15 acceptances. Last time I interviewed they said the class is filled up with 44 spots. So 44+15= 59 spots filled now if everyone got accepted today is attending... ( the class size is 88-90 fyi)
thanks for the info!

Last edited:
I got the call also last thursday! I've just been avoiding SDN for a while after a series of rejections.. FIRST ACCEPTANCE!!!!

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi UCSF folks,
I have one question that I gorget if I already asked at the interview or not. How is up to date the technology that UCSF uses to teacch us? Do they teach CADCam, 3 D printing and milling and/or lasers at all? Thanks ahead guys

Hi UCSF folks,
I have one question that I gorget if I already asked at the interview or not. How is up to date the technology that UCSF uses to teacch us? Do they teach CADCam, 3 D printing and milling and/or lasers at all? Thanks ahead guys

I would love to know this too.
What i remeber what James told is that their buildings seem to be old but the technology in the building is new.

Hi UCSF folks,

I think they might teach some of these but these topics look like something you would learn through CE workshops after you become a clinician.

Anyone know when we'll hear back for those who had the interview in Jan? I remember the dean saying we should know by the end of jan.

Anyone know when we'll hear back for those who had the interview in Jan? I remember the dean saying we should know by the end of jan.
If you didn't get a call two weeks ago then I believe the next wave of acceptances goes out mid February

Just got a letter from UCSF in the mail regarding my application for financial aid. Thought it was interesting since I'm still on their waitlist.

Just got a letter from UCSF in the mail regarding my application for financial aid. Thought it was interesting since I'm still on their waitlist.

I got the same letter, and I haven't even heard back yet. lol

Has anyone who interviewed on Jan 15th heard anything from school yet?

When are they supposed to send out their next round of acceptances?

has anyone received any pre-requisite confirmation e-mail from UCSF?

When was your interview? I had mine 1/25 and they said that we would hear back some time in February. I'm assuming the committee meets probably once a month to make decisions, so we should know soon after their meeting.

Those who got accepted, how soon did you hear?

When was your interview? I had mine 1/25 and they said that we would hear back some time in February. I'm assuming the committee meets probably once a month to make decisions, so we should know soon after their meeting.

Those who got accepted, how soon did you hear?
I interviewed on 1/11 and got accepted on 1/21

Reactions: 1 users

I received the letter too

Do they notify both accepted and rejected interviewees at the same time? Or only accepted interviewees? :(

Do they notify both accepted and rejected interviewees at the same time? Or only accepted interviewees? :(

I think they announce acceptance, rejection, and waitlist (with number) all at the same time

Interviewed on 2/1 and got the call today! I am a OOS applicant :)

Reactions: 5 users
Wait listed.. Might as well call it a triple digit. Good luck everyone

Is waitlist and alternate list same?? I have been placed at #39 :(

I got placed on the alternate list. Same thing as waitlist? Anyways I'll be declining.

I just got the waitlist email also! I'm number 45 :( idk how good my chances are looking this cycle...